[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[April 24, 2024, 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Basketball Shoes  (Read 1261 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Basketball Shoes
« on: July 26, 2022, 01:58:12 PM »
The Puma discussion in the TBT thread has me thinking about basketball shoes.

What are your favorite basketball shoes ever?  Your favorite you ever wore to play in?  What you're currently wearing?

My favorite aesthetically are the Jordan 11s.  What I'm currently wearing are the Giannis Immortality 1s, which are also my favorite I've ever worn.  Very light, very comfortable, literally did not need any breaking in, they were super comfortable from the first time I put them on and I did not need to wear them while shooting around to break them in.  I got the Smoothie colorway twice, tore the first pair up pretty good and replaced them with the same pair.  Just bought the rose colorway to have when the second pair of Smoothies wears down.  My first pair didn't really last long, but that's what you get with an $80 pair of shoes these days, rather than the $130 his other pair costs.

Paul George's first signature shoe is probably my second favorite I've ever worn.  More support than Giannis's shoes, but a bit stiffer.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JWags85

• All American
Re: Basketball Shoes
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2022, 02:19:43 PM »
Jordan 1s are still my favorite "basketball" shoes of all time.  I own multiple pairs and won't ever stop wearing them.  Timeless.  3s are my next favorite, followed by 4s.  But I too love the 11s.   Other basketball shoes are really sharp, but I won't wear any outside of a purely athletic setting outside of 1s, 3s, and 4s.

I wore Kyrie 3s for awhile. Loved them. I haven't bought in a minute as Ive played less since COVID, but I got a pair of Kyrie 7s in 2020 I really like that I wear working out otherwise.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2022, 02:22:09 PM »
Won't buy/wear anythin' Nike, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2022, 02:23:48 PM »
Only wear Nikes.  Absolute best shoes
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2022, 03:05:20 PM »
I don't really play basketball anymore, but I have a pair of Converse All-Stars that I wear to knock around in.
Have some patience, FFS.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2022, 03:33:01 PM »
Nike forever.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2022, 04:10:51 PM »
Many (most?) of those of us who are 55+ actually played basketball in Chuck Taylors -- almost hard to believe now.

Got my suede low-top Clydes when I was in 8th grade. They were the shyte.

The summer before I went to high school I saved up so I could buy my first pair of leather Adidas high tops -- white with 3 black stripes. They were cool but pretty uncomfortable.

In 1992 I got my first Air Jordans - white with red trim and swoosh. Got 'em at a great price at the Nike employee store in Portland because I was there for work and I had a friend who was an employee. I bought my son and daughter each a pair, too, and a bunch of clothes for all of us. I had to buy a bag so I could get everything home. I wore those for several years because I'd only play indoors with them; I guess they were were my favorites if I had to choose -- the first pair of high-tops I had that really were both supportive and comfortable.

I did the Reebok pumps once. Looking back, that was quite a schtick.

Three years ago, I coached at the junior clinic in conjunction with the NBA All-Star Game. They gave each of us coaches a swag bag, including a pair of the latest Curry Under Armours. They were cool looking but I could not believe how uncomfortable they were. I wasn't the only one who felt that way -- literally everybody I asked said they were the worst shoes they had worn in years. I ended up selling them because I couldn't wear them.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2022, 04:13:35 PM »
Won't buy/wear anythin' Nike, hey?

You are all about the velcro New Balance.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2022, 06:19:18 PM »
Fahrenheit, if you only knew, you'd realize how ridiculous that statement is, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2022, 06:23:23 PM »
Fahrenheit, if you only knew, you'd realize how ridiculous that statement is, hey?

https://youtu.be/vb8ok8WBfbs
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2022, 07:10:12 PM »
More like this, kin, aina?

https://youtu.be/BfzsMQGqrt0
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

reinko

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2022, 07:41:57 PM »
Agree with a lot of the above, some others include earlier KDs, namely the 10s and the 6s, and never hooped in a pair, but have to mention Kobe’s with my personal favorites being the 4s and the 6s.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2022, 08:04:06 PM »
Many (most?) of those of us who are 55+ actually played basketball in Chuck Taylors -- almost hard to believe now.

Started playing organized basketball in middle school.  In the first year, I played in generic sneakers my mom bought at Kmart (came from a large family that didn't have a ton of money).  When I grew into them, I wore a pair of my mom's Converse high tops that she wore on her high school team in the 50's.  They were cool.
Have some patience, FFS.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2022, 02:01:37 PM »
Started playing organized basketball in middle school.  In the first year, I played in generic sneakers my mom bought at Kmart (came from a large family that didn't have a ton of money).  When I grew into them, I wore a pair of my mom's Converse high tops that she wore on her high school team in the 50's.  They were cool.

Today's kids (and Gen Z and Millennial adults) love Chucks. They sell for big money even though they're basically just pieces of canvas stitched together and give absolutely no support to the feet. They probably cost 40 cents to make.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

lawdog77

• All American

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2022, 05:32:29 PM »
Red Ball Jets or go home.

https://redballjets.co/pages/history

« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 05:37:14 PM by real chili 83 »

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2022, 06:51:36 PM »
PF flyers baby, helps you run faster and jump higher eyn'a?
don't...don't don't don't don't