[April 15, 2024, 10:20:46 PM]

Going Portaling: Which Portal Prospect do you want and why? by DoctorV
[April 15, 2024, 09:54:11 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Tyler COLEk
[April 15, 2024, 08:53:41 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by PGsHeroes32
[April 15, 2024, 06:38:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: HP  (Read 826 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
HP
« on: July 07, 2022, 06:36:56 AM »
As some of you know, I have a very personal connection to Highland Park and had family members watching the parade on the block where the shooting occurred. There was a 20 minute window of total terror that I would not wish on anyone. Thankfully all are safe. Please don't ask more since it is not something that I will engage with on this forum. And please do not turn this thread into the usual chit throwing discourse. However, I do want to share an email I recently received:

All,

Thank you so much for your kind words and support over the last few days.  Monday’s events in Highland Park were heartbreaking and traumatizing.  I hope others in my community have an equally strong support system of family and friends.

While I feel incredibly blessed and thankful to have gotten my family to physical safety, many were not so lucky.  While the news has reported on the identities of those who lost their lives to this senseless act of violence, little has been publicized about the gunshot victims who survived or are still in the hospital.  Earlier today, I learned that my daughter’s friend and classmate, Cooper, and his mother were shot.  Cooper is 8 years old and currently in critical condition.  My understanding is that he is potentially paralyzed for life.  Some HP community members have started a GoFundMe page to help pay for Cooper and his mother’s medical care.  As this one touches particularly close (and lord knows how I am going to break this to my daughter), I hope you’ll consider making a donation and sharing the link below with anyone looking for ways to help people impacted by the shooting.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/kxwjn-the-roberts-family-fundraiser

Thank you again for your support, friendship, and love.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 07:29:02 AM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: HP
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2022, 07:25:44 AM »
As some of you know, I have a very personal connection to Highland Park and had family members watching the parade on the block where the shooting occurred. There was a 20 minute window of total terror that I would not wish on anyone. Please don't ask more since it is not something that I will engage with on this forum. And please do not turn this thread into the usual chit throwing discourse. However, I do want to share an email I recently received:

All,

Thank you so much for your kind words and support over the last few days.  Monday’s events in Highland Park were heartbreaking and traumatizing.  I hope others in my community have an equally strong support system of family and friends.

While I feel incredibly blessed and thankful to have gotten my family to physical safety, many were not so lucky.  While the news has reported on the identities of those who lost their lives to this senseless act of violence, little has been publicized about the gunshot victims who survived or are still in the hospital.  Earlier today, I learned that my daughter’s friend and classmate, Cooper, and his mother were shot.  Cooper is 8 years old and currently in critical condition.  My understanding is that he is potentially paralyzed for life.  Some HP community members have started a GoFundMe page to help pay for Cooper and his mother’s medical care.  As this one touches particularly close (and lord knows how I am going to break this to my daughter), I hope you’ll consider making a donation and sharing the link below with anyone looking for ways to help people impacted by the shooting.

I'm terribly sorry to hear this and hope your family members get as much help and support as possible. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2022, 07:35:56 AM »
As some of you know, I have a very personal connection to Highland Park and had family members watching the parade on the block where the shooting occurred. There was a 20 minute window of total terror that I would not wish on anyone. Thankfully all are safe. Please don't ask more since it is not something that I will engage with on this forum. And please do not turn this thread into the usual chit throwing discourse. However, I do want to share an email I recently received:

All,

Sorry to hear this.  Thank you for sharing the link and hopefully scoop will rally and give to this
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

🏀

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2022, 08:25:00 AM »
Sending thoughts and prayers.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2022, 08:52:26 AM »
Hoping for the best for the kid.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2022, 09:11:37 AM »
Thank you for sharing 4ever. I hope your family and all others who were traumatized by this are able to recover fully.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2022, 08:25:05 AM »
Indeed, I think the media does a poor job on the greater picture.  Lots of focus on the dead, while survivors and their physical and mental destruction are mentioned for a few weeks, then disappear. 

The lasting effects must be brutal for so many.

MUfan12

• All American

MuggsyB

• All American