[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Viper
[Today at 10:34:23 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: RIP Paulie Walnuts  (Read 2060 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: RIP Paulie Walnuts
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2022, 05:54:56 PM »
Judging others is one of Jockey’s favorite pastimes.

Calling him a thug was not a judgement. It is what he was. He willingly admitted that.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2022, 07:32:31 PM »
He was a thug. Just about everyone here wants to ignore that. Worked for probably the most violent crime family in NYC. Has jokingly told tales about beating guys with baseball bats.

I definitely won’t use him as a role model for my kids or grandkids.  :o

Nobody is ignoring that.  A half dozen people have referenced judging him on on the content of the back half of his life, post prison, where he was a celebrated actor, very charitable, and seemingly beloved by all of his coworkers and associates.  You're acting like he was an active Mob enforcer who moonlighted as an actor and was beating guys and shaking people down all throughout his time in the Sopranos and after.

Lets say someone was a severe drug addict who got a DUI and went to prison for a intoxicated car accident which badly injured occupants of another car.  Post prison, they got clean, went into business, were very successful and donated time and money to various causes, was a beloved and active member of their community.  Upon their passing, by your metrics, you'd be side-eying people praising their memory because they were a selfish POS junkie.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2022, 11:26:03 AM »
Why the need for people here to glorify mob guys? These were unbelievably terrible human beings.

Before turning to acting, Sirico was an associate of the Colombo crime family serving under Carmine "Junior" Persico -- and was arrested 28 times. This was one of the most violent groups in NYC. He was just a thug for much of his life. He has bragged about how often he beat guys up, often using a baseball bat.

If some here want to make him out to be a hero, so be it. I won't.

BTW, I have no problem with him getting acting jobs. I don't know if he was re-habilitated or not, but he did his time in prison. He deserved a new chance at life.

He reformed, wake up dumbass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2022, 12:44:09 PM »
When I started this thread, I didn't think it would devolve into this.

I must be new here!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2022, 02:06:16 PM »
He reformed, wake up dumbass.

The Godfather III taught me no one ever truly leaves La Cosa Nostra.

feedback