collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Happy July 4th Y'all  (Read 17581 times)

lawdog77

• All American
Re: Happy July 4th Y'all
« Reply #175 on: July 05, 2022, 04:00:55 PM »

He drove to Madison, left his cell phone up there, and then drove back.
He's going to hell, so he wanted a sneak preview?

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #176 on: July 05, 2022, 04:02:48 PM »

He drove to Madison, left his cell phone up there, and then drove back.

Yeah, just saw that additional info about the cell. Seems odd to drive 2 plus hours into WI, just to drive back, close to the scene of the crime.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #177 on: July 05, 2022, 04:04:44 PM »
Something seems to be getting lost in translation. Here's what I see:
You state that no new regulation can be passed because of this ruling.
I call b.s. because there will be new laws passed (Congress and New York for example)
If you think the Supreme Court won't allow new laws concerning background checks, red flags, you are crazy.

Licenses for conceal carry and where you can conceal carry are not new, under your definition. Heck, this New York law they overturned was how old?

This back and forth is about the difference between "constitutionally new" and "geographically new" - yes?  I think Pakuni's point is that if you took CA's gun laws and introduced them as legislation in TX, that would not be "new" becuase they were laws on the books in a state as of the NY State Rifle & Pistol Assoc decision, whereas lawdog is calling that "new" becuase it was not previously the law in TX. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #178 on: July 05, 2022, 04:08:33 PM »
Wow.  I just heard some of these recent revelations from the investigation.  Trying to figure out why he wasn't arrested in 2019.  Freaking crazy.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #179 on: July 05, 2022, 04:09:45 PM »
Yeah, just saw that additional info about the cell. Seems odd to drive 2 plus hours into WI, just to drive back, close to the scene of the crime.

Uhh....what?  Crazy.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #180 on: July 05, 2022, 04:22:37 PM »
Wow.  I just heard some of these recent revelations from the investigation.  Trying to figure out why he wasn't arrested in 2019.  Freaking crazy.

Sounds like the threat wasn't direct and immediate enough. Clearly had untreated mental health issues.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #181 on: July 05, 2022, 04:27:30 PM »
That little boy that was found wandering around after the parade…both his parents were killed.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #182 on: July 05, 2022, 04:32:12 PM »

Sounds like the threat wasn't direct and immediate enough. Clearly had untreated mental health issues.

On the radio I heard someone in his family called the police and they seized two firearms in 2019.  The murderer also stated  that he "wanted to kill everyone" at that time.  That sounds like a direct threat to me.  Highland Park police reported it to IL State police.   Yes, he has severe mental health issues. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #183 on: July 05, 2022, 04:32:53 PM »
That little boy that was found wandering around after the parade…both his parents were killed.

Here’s a tweet with some information

https://twitter.com/marparnews/status/1544418629642584070?s=21&t=CIGIGuSwpizP2xWI8aH3qw

Hope one day he can appreicate the price of freedom to be able to purchase machines meant to mass murder
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #184 on: July 05, 2022, 04:38:33 PM »
On the radio I heard someone in his family called the police and they seized two firearms in 2019.  The murderer also stated  that he "wanted to kill everyone" at that time.  That sounds like a direct threat to me.  Highland Park police reported it to IL State police.   Yes, he has severe mental health issues.

Family called in 2019 to say he was threatening them. Cops confiscated a bunch of knives, but no guns. Family members wouldn't sign a complaint, so cops decided they had no PC for charges (which, without benefit of hindsight, was the right call).
The guns weren't acquired until 2020 and 2021.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #185 on: July 05, 2022, 04:39:55 PM »
Family called in 2019 to say he was threatening them. Cops confiscated a bunch of knives, but no guns. Family members wouldn't sign a complaint, so cops decided they had no PC for charges (which, without benefit of hindsight, was the right call).
The guns weren't acquired until 2020 and 2021.

Oh.. what happened with the guns in 2020 and 2021?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #186 on: July 05, 2022, 04:40:15 PM »

Licenses for conceal carry and where you can conceal carry are not new, under your definition. Heck, this New York law they overturned was how old?

Not my definition. Webster's definition.
But glad we can finally agree. These laws are not new.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #187 on: July 05, 2022, 04:40:38 PM »
Oh.. what happened with the guns in 2020 and 2021?

He used one of them to shoot a few dozen people.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #188 on: July 05, 2022, 04:52:17 PM »
Not my definition. Webster's definition.
But glad we can finally agree. These laws are not new.
You just said this:
I'm agreeing with you. Safe storage laws don't exist. Any such law would be new.
Licenses for conceal carry? New.
Restrictions on where you can conceal carry? New!

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #189 on: July 05, 2022, 04:55:49 PM »
He used one of them to shoot a few dozen people.

I thought the Highland Park police chief said guns were seized. I

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #190 on: July 05, 2022, 05:09:15 PM »
This back and forth is about the difference between "constitutionally new" and "geographically new" - yes?  I think Pakuni's point is that if you took CA's gun laws and introduced them as legislation in TX, that would not be "new" becuase they were laws on the books in a state as of the NY State Rifle & Pistol Assoc decision, whereas lawdog is calling that "new" becuase it was not previously the law in TX.
As far as my version, yes. So I am trying to figure out what sort of gun control law would be "new" under Pakuni's definition.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #191 on: July 05, 2022, 05:16:58 PM »
I understand a religious leader saying that.

But those who vote pro-forced birth (most of the right) are also voting for unfettered access to guns. That is the choice they have made regardless of what they say to pollsters.

No one forced anyone to get pregnant and please spare me the rape and incest scam.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/05/24/rape-and-incest-account-few-abortions-so-why-all-attention/1211175001/

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #192 on: July 05, 2022, 05:20:21 PM »
No one forced anyone to get pregnant and please spare me the rape and incest scam.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/05/24/rape-and-incest-account-few-abortions-so-why-all-attention/1211175001/

“Rape and incest scam”

Which religions are a scam?  There are so many of them, some have to be scams, no? 

Joel Osteen and Kenneth Copeland running scams?  Sure seems like it.

Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #193 on: July 05, 2022, 05:22:27 PM »
This doesn't contradict anything I wrote. Licensing requirements for concealed carry are not new. Safe storage laws are not new. Laws allowing some places to bar concealed carry are not new.

Not only are they not new, but those and mandated gun registration existed at the time of this nations founding and in the immediate time period before and after the institution of the constitution.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #194 on: July 05, 2022, 05:30:00 PM »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #195 on: July 05, 2022, 05:53:47 PM »
You are awful.

...but snuffing the life out of an unborn baby before it takes its first breath is not?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #196 on: July 05, 2022, 06:01:16 PM »
As far as my version, yes. So I am trying to figure out what sort of gun control law would be "new" under Pakuni's definition.

Universal background checks would be new.
A ban on private party gun sales would be new.
Mandatory background checks on private sales would be new.
A federal gun registry would be new.
A federal 21+ age requirement for rifles would be new.
A permanent ban on assault weapons would be new.
Want more?

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #197 on: July 05, 2022, 06:12:28 PM »
Well, you read it differently than I do, I read it as, once a person is able to obtain a gun legally, his should be able to have it in public.

Alito wrote that the court had decided “nothing about who may lawfully possess a firearm or the requirements that must be met to buy a gun” and nothing “about the kinds of weapons that people may possess.”

“Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves.” The Second Amendment, he said, “guarantees their right to do so.”

Justice Brett Kavanaugh, joined by Chief Justice John Roberts, noted the limits of the decision. States can still require people to get a license to carry a gun, Kavanaugh wrote, and condition that license on “fingerprinting, a background check, a mental health records check, and training in firearms handling and in laws regarding the use of force, among other possible requirements.”

Undertaking actual reading decisions is overrated. It's better to just read a 280 character tweet by a partisan telling one what they want to hear about the decision, even if it's wrong. You can't interject the actual holding of the ruling.

Sure, my current state may still allow legal abortions up to the day of birth, but someone on Twitter said all abortions are illegal now, so...
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #198 on: July 05, 2022, 06:15:27 PM »
Undertaking actual reading decisions is overrated. It's better to just read a 280 character tweet by a partisan telling one what they want to hear about the decision, even if it's wrong. You can't interject the actual holding of the ruling.

Sure, my current state may still allow legal abortions up to the day of birth, but someone on Twitter said all abortions are illegal now, so...

This is hilarious, given that lawdog wasn't quoting from the majority decision here.
Do better, Billy.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #199 on: July 05, 2022, 06:17:51 PM »
This is hilarious, given that lawdog wasn't quoting from the majority decision here.
Do better, Billy.
Familia Chicos only reads headlines, not content.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

feedback