[Today at 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2022-23 NBA Thread  (Read 145602 times)

WhiteTrash

• All American
Re: 2022-23 NBA Thread
« Reply #900 on: December 04, 2022, 10:28:24 AM »
The Bulls need to start over.
They do.

When will they is the question.

I could see a delusional Bulls management see the Bulls get to .500 by season end and feel good about the team being over .500 since today and roll with this team another year.

The Bulls are a disaster; old, overpaid, just good enough to not have a high draft choice and no plan in place to improve. BUT, making bank, so Jerry is happy.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #901 on: December 04, 2022, 08:46:11 PM »
Damn....apparently Anthony Davis decided it's time to ball.  55 and 17 today and 22-30. 

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #902 on: December 04, 2022, 09:03:56 PM »
Damn....apparently Anthony Davis decided it's time to ball.  55 and 17 today and 22-30.

Actually, he just got healthy. Still a Top 10 guy.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #903 on: December 04, 2022, 09:13:18 PM »

Actually, he just got healthy. Still a Top 10 guy.

Never has been.

But good for him for having a couple good games in a row.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #904 on: December 04, 2022, 10:26:38 PM »
Never has been.

He's never been t-10 in the league?

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #905 on: December 04, 2022, 11:02:38 PM »
He's never been t-10 in the league?

Of course he has. He will be a 1st ballot HoFer.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #906 on: December 04, 2022, 11:22:28 PM »
Of course he has. He will be a 1st ballot HoFer.

Which means nothing in regards to whether he’s a top 10 player. There are plenty of first ballot HOFers who weren’t top 10 players.

Funny that you’re an AD stan when you knock KD because he hasn’t won anything without Steph. Remind me what AD has done without LBJ? Made it out of the first round once, and Jrue had to drag him in order to make that happen?

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #907 on: December 05, 2022, 01:41:05 PM »
Which means nothing in regards to whether he’s a top 10 player. There are plenty of first ballot HOFers who weren’t top 10 players.

Funny that you’re an AD stan when you knock KD because he hasn’t won anything without Steph. Remind me what AD has done without LBJ? Made it out of the first round once, and Jrue had to drag him in order to make that happen?

AD has been the best player on the Lakers since he arrived. His problem has been injuries. If it wasn't for one of the all-time greatest finals performances by Lebron, he would have been finals MVP.

AD averaged 25 pts, 11 rbs, and 2 blocks, while hitting the coveted 50/40/90 club for the series. Ridiculous stat lines...just less ridiculous than Lebron's that year.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #908 on: December 05, 2022, 02:30:59 PM »
Never has been.

?????????????????????????????????

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #909 on: December 05, 2022, 03:39:21 PM »
?????????????????????????????????

Yeah, I don't think he watches much hoops.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #910 on: December 05, 2022, 03:44:53 PM »
Yeah, I don't think he watches much hoops.

Once again, says the guy who claims KD can't be a top 5 player because he's never won anything as the best player on his team (despite 2 Finals MVPs saying otherwise).  But we'll stan for AD, who's won exactly 1 Playoff series without sitting out until he gets traded to arguably the best player to ever play the game's team, and that one series he was dragged by Jrue Holiday to get the series win.

But hey, nothing like being consistent in your evaluations!

By the way, what is with old people claiming other people don't know/don't watch "ball?"  Are you guys missing your 7th grade days or what?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #911 on: December 05, 2022, 03:55:28 PM »
Anthony Davis was a top ten player from about 2015-20.  Pretty obviously in fact.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #912 on: December 05, 2022, 04:12:21 PM »
Once again, says the guy who claims KD can't be a top 5 player because he's never won anything as the best player on his team (despite 2 Finals MVPs saying otherwise).  But we'll stan for AD, who's won exactly 1 Playoff series without sitting out until he gets traded to arguably the best player to ever play the game's team, and that one series he was dragged by Jrue Holiday to get the series win.

But hey, nothing like being consistent in your evaluations!

By the way, what is with old people claiming other people don't know/don't watch "ball?"  Are you guys missing your 7th grade days or what?

As I said, you don't watch much hoops. AD averaged 33/12 and you call that being "carried" by Holiday? OK.

As far as Durant goes, he needed Steph to win. Steph didn't need KD to win. But that is a completely different argument than whether AD is top 10.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #913 on: December 07, 2022, 09:15:09 AM »
AD sits last night for most of the game and the Lakers piss themselves in Cleveland and don’t show up for the 4th quarter.

I love the NBA, but the last 4-5 min of that game are why people legitimately complain about effort. Tied at 92, Cavs go on a 16-6 run.  Up 10 with 4 min left, Lakers give up and mail it in. The remaining possession involve the Lakers half assing fade aways, Kendrick Nunn bricking rushed 25 footers, and the Cavs walking up every possession and just trying to fade the game away.  The Lakers scored 2 baskets in the final 4:30 and it’s not cause the Cavs we’re playing lights out lock down defense.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #914 on: December 07, 2022, 10:33:22 AM »
AD sits last night for most of the game and the Lakers piss themselves in Cleveland and don’t show up for the 4th quarter.

I love the NBA, but the last 4-5 min of that game are why people legitimately complain about effort. Tied at 92, Cavs go on a 16-6 run.  Up 10 with 4 min left, Lakers give up and mail it in. The remaining possession involve the Lakers half assing fade aways, Kendrick Nunn bricking rushed 25 footers, and the Cavs walking up every possession and just trying to fade the game away.  The Lakers scored 2 baskets in the final 4:30 and it’s not cause the Cavs we’re playing lights out lock down defense.

Come on.  Didn't we see Marquette go something like 9:00 scoreless earlier this year?  The NBA is awesome.  Outside of Marquette games, I'd much, much rather watch a high end NBA game vs. a high end college game.  Give me people that knock down open shots consistently over the oftentimes brick fests you see in the college game.

Yes, a single NBA game means much less than a single college game.  There are 3x the games in an NBA season, and only one thing matters (your record) in the NBA vs. how much you win or lose by, who you beat and where you beat them, etc. in college.  So yes, if a team is down 8 with 50 seconds left the NBA teams will just run the time out rather than turning the final 50 seconds into 5 minutes of free throws in college.  But overall the NBA is so much superior as a product.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #915 on: December 07, 2022, 10:58:25 AM »
Come on.  Didn't we see Marquette go something like 9:00 scoreless earlier this year?  The NBA is awesome.  Outside of Marquette games, I'd much, much rather watch a high end NBA game vs. a high end college game.  Give me people that knock down open shots consistently over the oftentimes brick fests you see in the college game.

Yes, a single NBA game means much less than a single college game.  There are 3x the games in an NBA season, and only one thing matters (your record) in the NBA vs. how much you win or lose by, who you beat and where you beat them, etc. in college.  So yes, if a team is down 8 with 50 seconds left the NBA teams will just run the time out rather than turning the final 50 seconds into 5 minutes of free throws in college.  But overall the NBA is so much superior as a product.

None of this is a knock on the NBA as a whole.  You can see from my posting history in this thread and others that I'm a huge fan.  Hence why I was even watching Lakers/Cavs (in the early hours of the morning in Belgium as I was getting work done in fact).  I adore college basketball but Ive transitioned to watching more random NBA games than random college games the last few years.

I have no issue with punting the last minute or two of a game thats basically unwinnable in a 82 game season, none.  Like my post highlights, it was more the Lakers deciding an 8 point deficit with 3+ minutes to go was "f it" when their first attempt shots weren't falling.  I could care less about the outcome, it was just a wet fart ending to an otherwise entertaining back and forth game, highlighted by Mitchell going nuclear as the new Cavs superstar as Lebron came back to Cleveland expecting adoration.

However, I will never, NEVER, not hate hate HATE the shot clock violation with more than 10 seconds left on the clock.  Crossing halfcourt and holding the ball for 20 seconds to take a 24 second call with 12/15/20 seconds left on the clock is just stupid and oddly arrogant.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #916 on: December 07, 2022, 11:20:34 AM »
None of this is a knock on the NBA as a whole.  You can see from my posting history in this thread and others that I'm a huge fan.  Hence why I was even watching Lakers/Cavs (in the early hours of the morning in Belgium as I was getting work done in fact).  I adore college basketball but Ive transitioned to watching more random NBA games than random college games the last few years.

I have no issue with punting the last minute or two of a game thats basically unwinnable in a 82 game season, none.  Like my post highlights, it was more the Lakers deciding an 8 point deficit with 3+ minutes to go was "f it" when their first attempt shots weren't falling.  I could care less about the outcome, it was just a wet fart ending to an otherwise entertaining back and forth game, highlighted by Mitchell going nuclear as the new Cavs superstar as Lebron came back to Cleveland expecting adoration.

However, I will never, NEVER, not hate hate HATE the shot clock violation with more than 10 seconds left on the clock.  Crossing halfcourt and holding the ball for 20 seconds to take a 24 second call with 12/15/20 seconds left on the clock is just stupid and oddly arrogant.

All fair.  I personally think that's more of an issue with the Lakers than it is the NBA game.  I admittedly watch much more Bucks games than any other NBA games, but the Bucks always seem to play hard to the end, even to the point that I'm thinking to myself, "alright Bud, get the starters out" when they're down double digits under 2:00 left.  The Lakers, just with their personalities, I can definitely see that.  I can see LBJ getting mad about some missed defensive assignment by Westbrook or a one on one pull up by Westbrook and deciding to mentally check out and roll his eyes about it.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #917 on: December 07, 2022, 09:44:11 PM »
The Celtics are no joke.  The only team with a chance to beat them assuming they are healthy is Milwaukee.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #918 on: December 07, 2022, 10:08:49 PM »
Uhhh....Jaylen Brown is absolutely destroying Booker.   They may have two of the top 7 players in the league. 

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #919 on: December 07, 2022, 10:35:28 PM »
All Phoenix needs is a 40 point run and they’re right back in it.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #920 on: December 07, 2022, 10:49:54 PM »
All Phoenix needs is a 40 point run and they’re right back in it.

Pummeling the best team in the West on their home court should be a wake up call for the Bucks.  Because frankly Boston is better right now and I don't think it's close.  Middleton will have to come back to all-star level at minimum. 

• All American
« Reply #921 on: December 08, 2022, 03:24:06 AM »
What do you mean by "wake up call?" I'm sure the Bucks are plenty aware. They will attempt to improve themselves before the deadline.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #922 on: December 08, 2022, 08:12:59 AM »
Can the Bucks get Jae Crowder for two 2nds and salary filler? They need another wing defender to match up with the Celtics.

Pelicans probably have the best collection of defenders to match up with the Celtics, but getting out of the west is the trouble.

• All American
« Reply #923 on: December 08, 2022, 08:20:02 AM »
I think they're going to have to give up Grayson to get something back.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #924 on: December 08, 2022, 08:26:53 AM »
Pummeling the best team in the West on their home court should be a wake up call for the Bucks.  Because frankly Boston is better right now and I don't think it's close.  Middleton will have to come back to all-star level at minimum.

You take one game way too seriously.