[Today at 12:02:38 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by Big Papi
[Today at 09:34:04 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 08:56:20 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2022-23 NBA Thread  (Read 144398 times)

lawdog77

• All American
Re: 2022-23 NBA Thread
« Reply #400 on: October 07, 2022, 04:32:40 PM »
In a fight between a Michigan State alum and a Michigan alum, who wins?

Everybody watching

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #401 on: October 07, 2022, 06:21:14 PM »
They should just trade him at this point. Helped them get 4 titles. But the dude wants a max contract next offseason and he’s never been a max player. And now he’s not even close to the player he was at his best. Not worth it.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #402 on: October 07, 2022, 07:58:25 PM »
It seems like his style of leadership has gone from being a hard nose guy, to just being a prick.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #403 on: October 07, 2022, 08:02:58 PM »
So who leaked the video? My guess is Warriors management.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #404 on: October 07, 2022, 09:12:06 PM »
They should just trade him at this point. Helped them get 4 titles. But the dude wants a max contract next offseason and he’s never been a max player. And now he’s not even close to the player he was at his best. Not worth it.

Hard to argue with this. There’s no way he gets anything close to a max deal. The quest could  make him focus more, or it could make him lose his shyte. Based on this latest evidence, the latter seems more likely.

Trade him to the Nets for KD!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #405 on: October 08, 2022, 08:53:43 AM »
Hard to argue with this. There’s no way he gets anything close to a max deal. The quest could  make him focus more, or it could make him lose his shyte. Based on this latest evidence, the latter seems more likely.

Trade him to the Nets for KD!

Trade him to the Nets for draft picks and Durant might finally get a title without Steph carrying him.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #406 on: October 12, 2022, 09:16:09 AM »
Kerr says that Green will not be suspended and will be back with the team Thursday.

Green has been fined. That'll teach him!

Seriously, I wouldn't have suspended him either. Green already feels embarrassed and crappy. Suspending him would be only a PR move, and the Warriors don't need the PR.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #407 on: October 12, 2022, 09:46:02 AM »
Kerr says that Green will not be suspended and will be back with the team Thursday.

Green has been fined. That'll teach him!

Seriously, I wouldn't have suspended him either. Green already feels embarrassed and crappy. Suspending him would be only a PR move, and the Warriors don't need the PR.

I think it's possible the NBA gets involved.  Regardless, from a pure basketball standpoint I think this will hurt Golden State and Green individually.  He's not going to be able to play the same way like nothing ever happened.  His "leadership" qualities are essentially over, he's lost credibility.  Beyond that for all his tough guy talk and persona, and "I'm from Saginaw"drivel, it's interesting he overhand righted a defenseless 6'1  guy about  50 lbs lighter.   I'd like to see what would happen if he did that to say Steven Adams?  In fact, I know Adams is a good dude but I'd love to see him level Draymond.  That would be super fun to watch.  Especially because Green wouldn't do didly squat..  Green is a bully and a coward.  I think Golden State should get rid of the guy but it won't be easy. 
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 09:47:35 AM by MuggsyB »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #408 on: October 12, 2022, 09:49:31 AM »
In house.   Big fine.  No suspension.

Bump
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #409 on: October 12, 2022, 10:13:28 AM »
I think it's possible the NBA gets involved.  Regardless, from a pure basketball standpoint I think this will hurt Golden State and Green individually.  He's not going to be able to play the same way like nothing ever happened.  His "leadership" qualities are essentially over, he's lost credibility.  Beyond that for all his tough guy talk and persona, and "I'm from Saginaw"drivel, it's interesting he overhand righted a defenseless 6'1  guy about  50 lbs lighter.   I'd like to see what would happen if he did that to say Steven Adams?  In fact, I know Adams is a good dude but I'd love to see him level Draymond.  That would be super fun to watch.  Especially because Green wouldn't do didly squat..  Green is a bully and a coward.  I think Golden State should get rid of the guy but it won't be easy.

You're speaking like you know anything of the situation outside of the video, which had no sound.  We've already established that Green was tremendously out of line and took it insanely too far.

However, you're now reaching and saying that it wasn't a disagreement, he's just bullying someone small?  Like suddenly someone's whole identity is a lie cause they got into a fight with someone smaller than them?  Thats silly.  And Green has gotten physical and in altercations with plenty of same size and bigger players.  Just stop.  Michael Jordan wasn't a coward cause he punched Steve Kerr.

Green and Poole had words.  Green lost his temper egregiously and flew off the handle and got violent.  Thats all we know.  Anything else is just baseless speculation to try and create some narrative about someone for your tried and true "id love to see X try this with Y (where X would get mangled), it would be fun to watch" mantra.  At least its not with some exotic creature this time

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #410 on: October 12, 2022, 10:22:32 AM »
Suspended for a verbal "altercation" with KD.  Punches Poole's lights out and no suspension.  I'd find that a bit interesting if I was Jordan Poole.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #411 on: October 12, 2022, 10:39:05 AM »
You're speaking like you know anything of the situation outside of the video, which had no sound.  We've already established that Green was tremendously out of line and took it insanely too far.

However, you're now reaching and saying that it wasn't a disagreement, he's just bullying someone small?  Like suddenly someone's whole identity is a lie cause they got into a fight with someone smaller than them?  Thats silly.  And Green has gotten physical and in altercations with plenty of same size and bigger players.  Just stop.  Michael Jordan wasn't a coward cause he punched Steve Kerr.

Green and Poole had words.  Green lost his temper egregiously and flew off the handle and got violent.  Thats all we know.  Anything else is just baseless speculation to try and create some narrative about someone for your tried and true "id love to see X try this with Y (where X would get mangled), it would be fun to watch" mantra.  At least its not with some exotic creature this time

JWags, harsh or derogatory words don't give someone a right to clock a defenseless person for any reason whatsoever.   The video shows Poole was defenseless for starters.  Secondly, the idea that "fights" like this happen all the time at NBA practices is utter nonsense. That wasn't "a fight".  I'm sure it's true that actual fights break out at NBA practices and they begin with pushing, elbowing, shoving, or what have you.  This was a guy who essentially assaulted Jordan Poole.  Who gives a crap what Poole might have said to him??  If you walked by someone on the street and they said the most filthy and disgusting things about you or your family would you react by throwing an overhand right?  Or would you know in your mind that you would be charged for assault?  What would have happened if Poole was out for a year or forever from that punch?   Green absolutely could have been charged for that punch and he would have lost in court. 

As far as the Jordan/Kerr punch that's completely irrelevant.  The public didn't have video to my knowledge.  And if Jordan in fact threw a punch like that while Kerr was just standing there?  Yes, that would be a cowardly act
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 10:45:07 AM by MuggsyB »

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #412 on: October 12, 2022, 10:47:13 AM »
Suspended for a verbal "altercation" with KD.  Punches Poole's lights out and no suspension.  I'd find that a bit interesting if I was Jordan Poole.

The KD stuff was mid season right? I have a hunch if this was in January, they would have suspended him a game.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #413 on: October 12, 2022, 11:04:10 AM »

We'll see. Steph and Kerr are the leaders of that team. Winning tends to make stuff like this go away.

Green had little chance of a max contract anyway. Now he has none. If he gets disruptive, they'll move him. If not, they'll let him help them win and reassess later.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #414 on: October 12, 2022, 11:15:25 AM »
We'll see. Steph and Kerr are the leaders of that team. Winning tends to make stuff like this go away.

Green had little chance of a max contract anyway. Now he has none. If he gets disruptive, they'll move him. If not, they'll let him help them win and reassess later.

That's fair.  I would agree  Green had no chance for that contract before the incident but he's also not going anywhere.  It's not like he's not going to pick up 24m after this season.  No team is going to offer Green much of a contract after this season. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #415 on: October 12, 2022, 11:16:25 AM »
The KD stuff was mid season right? I have a hunch if this was in January, they would have suspended him a game.

Good point.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #416 on: October 12, 2022, 11:21:53 AM »
Peddle his ass, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #417 on: October 12, 2022, 01:11:11 PM »
JWags, harsh or derogatory words don't give someone a right to clock a defenseless person for any reason whatsoever.   The video shows Poole was defenseless for starters.  Secondly, the idea that "fights" like this happen all the time at NBA practices is utter nonsense. That wasn't "a fight".  I'm sure it's true that actual fights break out at NBA practices and they begin with pushing, elbowing, shoving, or what have you.  This was a guy who essentially assaulted Jordan Poole.  Who gives a crap what Poole might have said to him??  If you walked by someone on the street and they said the most filthy and disgusting things about you or your family would you react by throwing an overhand right?  Or would you know in your mind that you would be charged for assault?  What would have happened if Poole was out for a year or forever from that punch?   Green absolutely could have been charged for that punch and he would have lost in court. 

As far as the Jordan/Kerr punch that's completely irrelevant.  The public didn't have video to my knowledge.  And if Jordan in fact threw a punch like that while Kerr was just standing there?  Yes, that would be a cowardly act

You're shifting goalposts again.  I never said anything was justified.  I never said Green had a right to do what he did.

And again, we have footage of the punch.  Nothing else.  We don't know if there were shoves or words or whatever happened earlier in the practice.  You're just really eager to go on some diatribe labeling him a coward and a bully over a gross overreaction.

Comparing it to punching a stranger on a street is absurd.  Again, stop trying to rewrite a player's decade long career and reputation over a single action viewed in a vaccuum.

Look forward to some silly divergent thread culminating in speculating about someone else introducing Draymond to darkness.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #418 on: October 12, 2022, 02:55:52 PM »
You're shifting goalposts again.  I never said anything was justified.  I never said Green had a right to do what he did.

And again, we have footage of the punch.  Nothing else.  We don't know if there were shoves or words or whatever happened earlier in the practice.  You're just really eager to go on some diatribe labeling him a coward and a bully over a gross overreaction.

Comparing it to punching a stranger on a street is absurd.  Again, stop trying to rewrite a player's decade long career and reputation over a single action viewed in a vaccuum.

Look forward to some silly divergent thread culminating in speculating about someone else introducing Draymond to darkness.

He's a punk, always has been.  And you're right, it would be entertaining to see a 🦁 introduce him to darkness in less than 20 secs.  :)

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #419 on: October 12, 2022, 02:58:10 PM »

"Sernoffsky, citing a source "close to the Draymond investigation," reported Green "slapped [a] taunting fan at a nightclub," though police later confirmed to ESPN.com that the incident was at a restaurant. Green also had a "blood-alcohol level of 0.10," and he wasn't released until he was sober, as Ed White of the Associated Press reported July 13."

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #420 on: October 12, 2022, 03:11:30 PM »
You can take the Spartan out of East Lansing but you can never take the Spartan out of the dude
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #421 on: October 12, 2022, 03:25:57 PM »
I'm a little shocked honestly JWags that you're so insouciant to a guy walking up to someone and throwing a Tyson Fury haymaker.  It is a big deal and I'm not the one fking up Green's reputation.   I also think it's not plausible they were "fighting  earlier in the practice" before Green nonchalantly shuffled over  to him and then lost his temper.  That was premeditated, he's lucky Poole wasn't seriously hurt, and that he's not pressing charges.  What happened during the practice before that or what was said between the two is totally irrelevant.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #422 on: October 12, 2022, 03:48:06 PM »
I'm a little shocked honestly JWags that you're so insouciant to a guy walking up to someone and throwing a Tyson Fury haymaker.  It is a big deal and I'm not the one fking up Green's reputation.   I also think it's not plausible they were "fighting  earlier in the practice" before Green nonchalantly shuffled over  to him and then lost his temper.  That was premeditated, he's lucky Poole wasn't seriously hurt, and that he's not pressing charges.  What happened during the practice before that or what was said between the two is totally irrelevant.

Stop using 10 dollar words and ridiculous analogies to keep putting words in my mouth.  I never, not once, defended Green, said its ok, no big deal, whatever.  Im just objecting to your dumb assertion that he's a "coward" and a "bully" who decided to plot all practice to knock out his promising young teammate, who he's widely praised and helped win him a championship last year, in some psychotic rampage.  And further more he only did it cause Poole is smaller than him.  That's all just stupid.

Yes he's extremely lucky that Poole wasn't hurt.  He'll be extremely lucky if this doesn't implode a team thats poised to make more noise, and nothing further comes from it.

But all the hysterical "if this happened on the street", fighting Steven Adams, Tyson Fury haymaker BS you've been saying to attack an argument Ive never made is just nonsensical.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #423 on: October 12, 2022, 04:10:25 PM »
Stop using 10 dollar words and ridiculous analogies to keep putting words in my mouth.  I never, not once, defended Green, said its ok, no big deal, whatever.  Im just objecting to your dumb assertion that he's a "coward" and a "bully" who decided to plot all practice to knock out his promising young teammate, who he's widely praised and helped win him a championship last year, in some psychotic rampage.  And further more he only did it cause Poole is smaller than him.  That's all just stupid.

Yes he's extremely lucky that Poole wasn't hurt.  He'll be extremely lucky if this doesn't implode a team thats poised to make more noise, and nothing further comes from it.

But all the hysterical "if this happened on the street", fighting Steven Adams, Tyson Fury haymaker BS you've been saying to attack an argument Ive never made is just nonsensical.

We just happen to disagree here. 

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #424 on: October 12, 2022, 05:24:37 PM »
You can take the Spartan out of East Lansing but you can never take the Spartan out of the dude

The guy is from Saginaw, a.k.a., Sagnasty or just The Nasty.

He’s a jag off.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”