[Today at 02:29:06 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Pakuni
[Today at 02:26:49 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by JakeBarnes
[Today at 02:23:08 PM]

MU Gear by MUfan12
[Today at 01:31:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Happy Juneteenth Y’all  (Read 6113 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: Happy Juneteenth Y’all
« Reply #100 on: June 25, 2022, 05:49:36 AM »
Safe travels, MU fan!

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #101 on: June 25, 2022, 09:40:58 AM »
There is no doubt teachers work hard, but everyone does in today's world. It is 2:58am CST and I am trying to fix a problem at our office in India. We all know, or should, what we sign up for in a job and accept this expectations. My only problem with the teacher workload debate is that we hear how hard they work non stop. Again, I think a lot of professions work a lot more than regular biz hours and that is life.

But you don't regularly get labeled as lazy by certain segments of the population. Teachers do. And while there are lazy teachers,  they are far from the majority.

No one is saying teachers work harder than you. Many people say teachers work less hard than others
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 09:45:24 AM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #102 on: June 25, 2022, 11:19:44 AM »
TAMU

I respect the hell out of teachers and never would consider them lazy. Maybe that is my disconnect on why I get frustrated on the teacher workload debate.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #103 on: June 25, 2022, 11:41:55 AM »
TAMU

I respect the hell out of teachers and never would consider them lazy. Maybe that is my disconnect on why I get frustrated on the teacher workload debate.

I'm glad you respect the he'll out of teachers.  We do too which is why when Lenny made a Crack about teachers only working 180 days a year in response to Pakuni saying teachers aren't lazy,  some of us took offense
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #104 on: June 25, 2022, 12:24:07 PM »
I was wondering why you were up so early.  I'm in Budapest so that's my excuse.

Have some goulash, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #105 on: June 25, 2022, 12:26:40 PM »
Safe travels, MU fan!

I'm doing the most scoop thing and diverting from topic!
I've been sick but not terribly the whole week and finally almost feel back to normal.  I  assume I had a mild case of you know what since my wife was pretty lousy.
Dusseldorf Germany first half of week of a trade show, Hungary for customer visits the second half, Stuttgart next week to exhibit with my Finnish sister company.  Budapest is very cool!

Anyone rent a car internationally and have an issue at return?  They found a tiny dent in the end of a passenger door the size of a pencil tip if even that big.  I was insulted they even called it an issue.  I did not do since the passenger door was never opened the whole time I rented. I looked over the car at pick up and it wasn't noticable.  Hertz is trying to charge me and I know my company insurance (or personal insurance) will cover, but the fact they want to charge at all for something no one would fix seems ludicrous.  One been renting from Hertz forever and this is a first in 25+ years and plan to complain.
Anyone with experience?

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #106 on: June 25, 2022, 12:28:07 PM »

Have some goulash, hey?

Every night so far.  Just literally finished my daily alottment while watching the World Cup Swim Championships going on.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #107 on: June 25, 2022, 10:33:43 PM »
Anyone rent a car internationally and have an issue at return?  They found a tiny dent in the end of a passenger door the size of a pencil tip if even that big.  I was insulted they even called it an issue.  I did not do since the passenger door was never opened the whole time I rented. I looked over the car at pick up and it wasn't noticable.  Hertz is trying to charge me and I know my company insurance (or personal insurance) will cover, but the fact they want to charge at all for something no one would fix seems ludicrous.  One been renting from Hertz forever and this is a first in 25+ years and plan to complain.
Anyone with experience?

Yeup, I caught a bush with my rented Audi in Italy. Knew this crap was going to happen, so I found an auto parts store in Siena and buffed the scratches out of the finish completely.

Car looks better than new and the inspectors in Florence never knew!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #108 on: June 25, 2022, 10:39:41 PM »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #109 on: June 26, 2022, 04:52:07 AM »
Yeup, I caught a bush with my rented Audi in Italy. Knew this crap was going to happen, so I found an auto parts store in Siena and buffed the scratches out of the finish completely.

Car looks better than new and the inspectors in Florence never knew!

Weird, eye wuz under da impression all Italian floors were hardwood. But, ewe goe boi, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

feedback