[Today at 07:04:13 PM]

Where is Marquette? by NickelDimer
[Today at 07:02:50 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by Judge Smails
[Today at 07:02:27 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by the eagle
[Today at 06:05:16 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vanity License Plates  (Read 3725 times)

muwarrior69

• All American
Re: Vanity License Plates
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2022, 04:19:20 PM »
Taken by me.

I tell people the DOT asks you what year you graduated to determine if you get the Warrior logo or MU logo.

That's what I tell people, anyhow.

Pretty offensive plates you got there.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2022, 03:43:43 PM »
My family is getting me MU license plates for fathers day.  While I'm just getting the regular non-vaity plates, we briefly discussed vanity plates.  You only get 6 characters for vanity plates.   That makes it near impossible to come up with anything good in my opinion!  7-8 is far easier.

If you had to come up with your own MU vanity plates using 6 or less characters, what would you do?

If I had to do one... I would try to get: RNGHYA

Too vague for most people?

We never heard back from you as to whether or not you went with vanity plates. If so, what did you choose?
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2022, 09:01:51 PM »
I've seen
W4RR10R

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2022, 02:24:26 PM »
We never heard back from you as to whether or not you went with vanity plates. If so, what did you choose?

Did you know that to get the MU plates (or any specialty plate in WI) you have to send in an actual paper application with a paper check?   What is this, 1997? 

Needless to say, the application is still sitting on the desk at home.  Decision itself has not been made and my plates stand in purgatory.   

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2022, 02:31:53 PM »
DOABLE

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2022, 02:51:56 PM »

Did you know that to get the MU plates (or any specialty plate in WI) you have to send in an actual paper application with a paper check?   What is this, 1997? 

Needless to say, the application is still sitting on the desk at home.  Decision itself has not been made and my plates stand in purgatory.

Remember that I was the first to suggest SWISH (just barely beating out Muggsy. Ha!) I also offered MUPAPA and MU4EVR. I'm expecting one of your paper checks with a generous amount written in as a thank you if you choose one of mine. Keeping in the spirit of 1997, PM me for my mailing address. At least the PM part will be 2022.   
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 02:55:19 PM by Scoop Snoop »
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2022, 05:04:43 PM »
MIDMJR

M2NBA

I (not in Wisconsin) recently ordered plates. Had to write down 3. I expect to get JB MARQ

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2022, 10:51:55 AM »
Remember that I was the first to suggest SWISH (just barely beating out Muggsy. Ha!) I also offered MUPAPA and MU4EVR. I'm expecting one of your paper checks with a generous amount written in as a thank you if you choose one of mine. Keeping in the spirit of 1997, PM me for my mailing address. At least the PM part will be 2022.

Yeah, I'm not sure why I called it a "paper" check; not sure what else they'd be printed on! 

That being said, do you take travelers checks?

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2022, 11:03:06 AM »

Yeah, I'm not sure why I called it a "paper" check; not sure what else they'd be printed on! 

That being said, do you take travelers checks?

C'mon! I'm sure you have heard of rubber checks. My Marquette girlfriend wrote so many of them that the bank closed her account and told her to get lost. A Travelers check will be fine.

You missed your chance to write a check payable to Scoop Snoop with the words "a generous amount" written in the amount line and posting it here.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 12:03:03 PM by Scoop Snoop »

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2022, 07:21:09 PM »
Saw one the other day ''MU DNP" .. I assume the owner was a walk on.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2022, 08:57:47 AM »
Nm
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 08:59:57 AM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

feedback