collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 30 Years of Marquette University Physical Campus Changes  (Read 3637 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: 30 Years of Marquette University Physical Campus Changes
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2022, 12:07:31 PM »
Exactly and a Health + Wellness Center can look a lot more dynamic than an all brick "front" hiding a bunch of classrooms. 

I've brought up the Kentucky example before.  It's connected to their Union and from the streets you see 2 story tall windows showing off endless activity including a huge jumbo tron inside where TV is displayed.  It looks active, dynamic and inviting.    Much more of a student hub than one single college. 

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.0409988,-84.5033612,3a,90y,200.4h,92.09t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sCTu8uh5OFnRVm3Ufzz0fog!2e0!6shttps:%2F%2Fstreetviewpixels-pa.googleapis.com%2Fv1%2Fthumbnail%3Fpanoid%3DCTu8uh5OFnRVm3Ufzz0fog%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D51.343964%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i16384!8i8192

Also I apologize for the ridiculous google map paste.  I know how to screen grab a google map image but I still can't figure out how to insert a pic into scoop.

I think this is it.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2022, 12:18:06 PM »
Yes, It's their "Old Gym" gutted and rehabbed as a student fitness center.  Thanks!
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

djorling

• Walk-On
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2022, 12:29:04 PM »
Haven't been to campus in a while.  What is the 707 building used for?  Thanks.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2022, 12:45:26 PM »
Haven't been to campus in a while.  What is the 707 building used for?  Thanks.

https://www.marquette.edu/707-hub/

The 707 Hub is where ideas are shared, stretched, challenged and realized. Part of the Office of Research and Innovation, the 707 Hub is a space designed to foster collaboration and innovation. Because anyone can be innovative, the 707 Hub is open to all students, and we encourage a cross-disciplinary approach to solving problems. Because great ideas need to be heard, the 707 Hub offers unique spaces for meetings, presentations and events. Here, you’ll find inspiration, partnerships and the knowledge to Be The Difference.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2022, 02:38:25 PM »
Lalumiere has a special place in my heart.  It's the first MU classroom building I ever entered, and where a very hungover version of myself tanked the German AP exam during freshman orientation.

four Spanish classes and two Spanish labs, Intro to Biological Anthropology (my worst grades at MU) were in Lalumiere. Though my last exam took place in there. I finished and lit up a cigar in the classroom as I walked out.

Fall of 1989 I was introduced to my future wife in the elevator of Schroeder heading to a weekend breakfast at Cobeen.  We were being set up for an SYR to Comedy Sportz.  Just celebrated our 28th anniversary a few weeks ago.

I met my future wife at a party at my Campus Town apartment. She was living in McCormick. This September is 25 years since that day we met.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

feedback