[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Where Are We?  (Read 16471 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: Where Are We?
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2022, 07:23:16 PM »
You spent all last offseason whining about how bad this team was going to be and after wildly exceeding your expectations you're still whining. Yawn indeed.

Well done.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2022, 09:50:22 PM »
You spent all last offseason whining about how bad this team was going to be and after wildly exceeding your expectations you're still whining. Yawn indeed.
Haha—well done.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2022, 07:05:44 AM »

RECEIPTS

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2022, 08:27:47 AM »
We need to upgrade you from a small to a Big Gulp.

f/k/a humanlung

• All American
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2022, 02:55:36 PM »
Yeah, I am lost in watching a program not win a tournament game since I was 22.  I turn 32 next month.  I've watched a lot of crapty basketball since I graduated from MU; sorry I had higher hopes on quick turn around with Shaka than you did.  The team sucked for most of the season outside of catching fire for a few weeks and then going back to sucking immediately thereafter, then limping into March and getting our doors blown off in the first round. 

Like I said....Shaka deserves plenty of rope and he'll get it.  I just don't think the team next season is going to be better than last year's team when you subtract its best player and replace him with a guy who wasn't even playing D1 last year.  Apologies that hurts your feelings.

I was no fan of Wojo but if you REALLY want to see bad MU basketball, may I direct you to the Dukiet years?

panda

• All American
« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2022, 05:27:30 PM »

Beautiful

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2022, 09:54:55 PM »
Lol. That’s great.

Except, the team did suck the 2nd half of last season.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2022, 05:20:52 AM »

Second half of the conference season was rough.  So first quarter ok. Second promising. Start of conf season dicey. Then a tear-amazing.  Then meh to end. 

It was a very successful season.  Peaked too soon but fun. 

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2022, 05:38:23 AM »

They went 8-7 in the second half of last season including two wins over Villanova.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2022, 07:56:27 AM »
They went 8-7 in the second half of last season including two wins over Villanova.

Happy that you enjoyed it!

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2022, 03:41:41 PM »
Goal is National Championship

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2022, 04:37:41 PM »
I think he meant the second half of the conference season. We sucked against the easier part of our conference schedule.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2022, 04:46:11 PM »
I think he meant the second half of the conference season. We sucked against the easier part of our conference schedule.

5-4 second time they played a team.  5-5 if you count Creighton a third time.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2022, 10:31:05 PM »

Given the talent on the roster, that’s pretty solid. Here’s to hoping the talent Shaka has been adding is under the radar/underrated, because the issue was more a lack of talent than a poorly coached team.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2022, 09:33:24 AM »

All these near .500 numbers are making me dizzy.  Marquette went 4-7 over their last 11.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2022, 09:58:34 AM »
All these near .500 numbers are making me dizzy.  Marquette went 4-7 over their last 11.

And 0-1 our last one, and 1-4 in December, unbelievable.

How about look at the entire season, 19-13 with an NCAA appearance in a year where very few expected one.  Should it be our ceiling? No. Was it an acceptable year one based on the roster construction, overall talent, and general expectations of where the team was projected to be by both computers (cue Point Warrior taking a shot at kenpom), and "experts? I'd think so, although it's a subjective take.  I expect improvement next year, both from individuals as well as the team as a whole.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2022, 10:38:58 AM »
Looking at the total body of work in Shaka Year 1, I'm reasonably satisfied with how it turned out. It was better than I thought it would be going in, though I was a little disappointed after having re-set my expectations the first week of February.

I'm expecting more in Shaka Year 2 ... but I'm a little wary because Texas fans almost surely were looking positively toward Shaka Year 2 in Austin, as well.

Now, if Shaka Year 2 at MU turns out similarly to Shaka Year 2 at VCU ... we'd be digging that! Though I'm guessing some Scoopers would still find reasons to whine.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Goose

• All American
« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2022, 10:47:20 AM »
My expectations for this year are much higher than I had going into last season. Last year I thought the Shaka factor and guys buying in would lead to a NCAA berth. Next season, I am expecting them to play like an NCAA for much of the season, not just a month or so. With or without Lewis, I think there is enough returning talent to be a much better team this upcoming season.

As for Shaka as coach, if Shaka is not a better coach than he was in year two at Texas we hired the wrong guy. He has been a HC most of his adult life and has done so at a high level and better be ready to deliver the goods come November. His ability to keep the core together said all I needed to know going into next season. The bar has been raised and no excuses moving forward.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2022, 04:24:36 PM »
Was it an acceptable year one based on the roster construction, overall talent, and general expectations of where the team was projected to be by both computers (cue Point Warrior taking a shot at kenpom), and "experts? I'd think so,

Generally agree. They also wildly exceeded expectations (talent?) in the middle of the season.  But the last half, imo, they kinda sucked.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2023, 08:35:02 PM »
2.5 and 6.6 ppg on middling teams in first two years is “getting legit NBA talk?” The Netherlands Basketball Association?

National Basketball Association
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #95 on: May 15, 2023, 08:48:17 PM »
Other than my unbridled enthusiasm for Keeyan, I did pretty good.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2023, 08:54:41 PM »
with Lewis taking his lethargic, low energy game to the GLeague, MU will dance to round 2 next March.
Yeah!

Nailed it!

GoFastAndWin

• Team Captain
« Reply #97 on: May 15, 2023, 09:07:42 PM »
Have to give credit where it is due. Goose is an All-American MU prognosticator and handicapper. Few came close to even hinting at banners being hung in Shaka Year2. Goose almost expected it. Bravo. Grade: 5 ⭐️

Tower’s prediction lacked only the bold, brazen moxie of Goose, and for that he gets “only” a 4.5 ⭐️ Grade. These two sharp basketball minds write with alacrity, wit, and sooth-saying brilliance. Their high “value-add” posts always represent the best of Scoop.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #98 on: May 15, 2023, 10:18:26 PM »
Have to give credit where it is due. Goose is an All-American MU prognosticator and handicapper. Few came close to even hinting at banners being hung in Shaka Year2. Goose almost expected it. Bravo. Grade: 5 ⭐️

Tower’s prediction lacked only the bold, brazen moxie of Goose, and for that he gets “only” a 4.5 ⭐️ Grade. These two sharp basketball minds write with alacrity, wit, and sooth-saying brilliance. Their high “value-add” posts always represent the best of Scoop.

I agree. Goose had it down right off the bat.  Tower wanted to wait a year before fully getting on board but always maintained it would happen by year two after he’s the saw the first year.  Had to put his hand in the wounds first.  Good stuff. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2023, 11:26:17 AM »
Back to my original question.  Where are we as far as auxiliary options?  It appears OMax will probably not return.  Who's out there?