Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: MU's next NBA prospect  (Read 5726 times)

jfp61

• All American
Re: MU's next NBA prospect
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2023, 03:10:43 PM »
Biggest knock on Kolek is his age. He will be 23y after next season. That is great for MU next season, but not so great on being drafted.

But the higher age would make a player more enticed, to pursue money sooner. Which may or maynot be good for MU next season.

Who knows, I am just going to operate under the assumption that this is his last season for us no matter what. Same with Oso.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2023, 04:33:30 PM »
But the higher age would make a player more enticed, to pursue money sooner. Which may or maynot be good for MU next season.

Who knows, I am just going to operate under the assumption that this is his last season for us no matter what. Same with Oso.
Agree…I personally would add Ben to that list as well.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2023, 11:55:18 PM »
Biggest knock on Kolek is his age. He will be 23y after next season. That is great for MU next season, but not so great on being drafted.
I think if Tyler can develop his non dominant hand  it will greatly increase the chance he will find a home in the NBA.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2023, 07:38:46 AM »
I think if Tyler can develop his non dominant hand  it will greatly increase the chance he will find a home in the NBA.

Agree. He did get better with the right last season but still has much room for improvement in that department. Given how much better he got between 2021-22 and 2022-23, I would be surprised if he didn't get a lot better at going right this coming season.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rgoode57

• Starter
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2023, 09:35:29 AM »
Late last season, I heard one former coach (don't remember which one but it was an accomplished guy) say that to seriously contend for a national championship in this day and age, you need two starters who are definite future solid NBA players and one who is a future NBA role player. Not sure he is really correct about that, especially given the success of FAU this past season, but it is interesting to consider. And, I think he was really just trying to emphasize how good a player pool you have to have to be a serious contender.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2023, 09:40:08 AM »
Late last season, I heard one former coach (don't remember which one but it was an accomplished guy) say that to seriously contend for a national championship in this day and age, you need two starters who are definite future solid NBA players and one who is a future NBA role player. Not sure he is really correct about that, especially given the success of FAU this past season, but it is interesting to consider. And, I think he was really just trying to emphasize how good a player pool you have to have to be a serious contender.

I mean it helps no doubt...but I don't think this is entirely accurate.  The 2020 Baylor Bears have one player who is in the NBA - Davion Mitchell.  The rest are either in college and not considered prospects, or are toiling away in the G-League or overseas.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

feedback