[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Viper
[Today at 10:34:23 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU sells land for Entertainment Complex  (Read 7778 times)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: MU sells land for Entertainment Complex
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2022, 07:27:43 PM »
Breeze Stevens looks like a much improved facility. We played soccer there in the late 1990s and it was in rough condition.

City of Madison and forward madison have pumped a lot or money into Breese.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2022, 09:48:50 PM »
Gary Witt is no idiot.  He knew Live Nation was coming somewhere.  I think he's ready.
I think to compete, they have to have a modern facility to sell acts against Live Nation.

TheGym

• Starter
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2022, 10:26:06 AM »
Practice facility for SOC and LAX,, club sports, and intramurals.

I am a bit surprised that the soccer teams have committed to play their games on turf.  The natural turf field in the valley is very good and MU has put a lot of money into it.  It is probably a small concession in order to get the deal done in the grand scheme of things.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2022, 10:37:43 AM »
I'm trying to work out how this is all gonna fit together. The renderings they put out yesterday show Lovell St. remaining as is, and the Ramada/old Herzing space left alone. The complex would be built on the west side of that street to 10th. Is that enough space for a stadium, theatre, hotel, and housing?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2022, 10:40:00 AM »
I'm trying to work out how this is all gonna fit together. The renderings they put out yesterday show Lovell St. remaining as is, and the Ramada/old Herzing space left alone. The complex would be built on the west side of that street to 10th. Is that enough space for a stadium, theatre, hotel, and housing?

Apparently.
Have some patience, FFS.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2022, 10:57:12 AM »
Just read the fine print. Looks like some low income housing is part of the deal. I wonder if that is going to be section 8 housing ?How will that go next to the proposed upscale hotel ?

https://urbanmilwaukee.com/2022/05/23/eyes-on-milwaukee-more-renderings-released-of-proposed-iron-district-development/
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2022, 11:03:59 AM »
Just read the fine print. Looks like some low income housing is part of the deal. I wonder if that is going to be section 8 housing ?How will that go next to the proposed upscale hotel ?

https://urbanmilwaukee.com/2022/05/23/eyes-on-milwaukee-more-renderings-released-of-proposed-iron-district-development/

I don't think it would be Section 8.  Likely part of this program. 

https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/briefing-book/what-low-income-housing-tax-credit-and-how-does-it-work

Basically this just makes sure that not every development is high-end rental.  And these types of developments are all over, mixed in with other projects so much that you likely don't even notice it.  I think a bunch of the development in West Allis for instance is part of this program.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 11:05:39 AM by Clarissa »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2022, 11:46:00 AM »

I don't think it would be Section 8.  Likely part of this program. 

https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/briefing-book/what-low-income-housing-tax-credit-and-how-does-it-work

Basically this just makes sure that not every development is high-end rental.  And these types of developments are all over, mixed in with other projects so much that you likely don't even notice it.  I think a bunch of the development in West Allis for instance is part of this program.

Also, some of those nice-looking newer apartments in River West.
Have some patience, FFS.

feedback