collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: So much for that economic forecast  (Read 17828 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: So much for that economic forecast
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2022, 10:00:28 AM »
Other states did well also, but most of them were smaller than Florida - New Hampshire, Utah, Nebraska, Nebraska, Maine and others.

People like Hards can make dumb jokes but there’s no doubt Florida fared well (comparatively) during the pandemic. The economy stayed open and kids were in school. And despite having the 2nd oldest (i.e., vulnerable) population in the US our mortality rate was in the middle of the pack, about equal to California. People are moving here in droves and real estate prices are through the roof. Businesses are thriving. DeSantis, who won a squeaker in the last election, has a 60% approval rating - greatly due to how he navigated Covid.

It isn't a dumb joke.  It is the honest truth.  Florida is the butt of a ton of jokes in this country.  Your covid numbers are as believable as China's.

You may like it there, but the state is being led into the ground by a man who will be abandoning it in two years.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2022, 10:02:06 AM »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2022, 10:07:15 AM »
California GDP 2021 = +9.5%
Florida GDP 2021 = +7.5%

Wisconsin = +6.1%
Missouri = +4.4%

Oregon = +9.8%
Arizona = +6.2%

Please explain these numbers, in light of your theory that economic growth is directly tied to which states had tighter or looser COVID restrictions.

https://www.bea.gov/news/2022/gross-domestic-product-state-4th-quarter-2021-and-year-2021-preliminary

Pretty easy to explain. States like California totally cratered, states like Florida didn’t. Say you had $100 and lost $50, then recovered $10 - 20% recovery, right?Meanwhile, I had $100 and lost $10, then recovered $15 - 16.7%. So you “win”. But you have $60 and I have $105.

If you really believe California’s economy fared better than Florida’s from March 2020 through the present I have a bridge you might be interested in buying.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2022, 10:08:20 AM »

You're in good hands, hey?

https://www.newswars.com/embarrassment-to-our-country-biden-laughs-awkwardly-after-butchering-kleptocracy/

What a website.  Enjoy the brain rot!

NewsWars is a conspiracy oriented website run by Alex Jones.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 10:10:10 AM by Hards_Alumni »

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2022, 10:09:46 AM »
Ah, the New York Post, a periodical of note!  And an opinion from a conservative from Florida as well!

Great post, as usual, bud.

Haha, you are something.  So only if Sam Stein covers it, Don Lemon does a piece about it, or some other publication you approve of can they facts of the story be considered possible or hell maybe even true?

Maybe the problem is the publications you approve of and read won’t do the follow up and only pump out the unproven accusations and lies on the front end to get clicks and score cheap politics points.  Then once the truth comes out of it doesn’t fit their needs why cover it.  All media is guilty of it and the root of the disfunction/division in this country imo.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2022, 10:14:08 AM »
Haha, you are something.  So only if Sam Stein covers it, Don Lemon does a piece about it, or some other publication you approve of can they facts of the story be considered possible or hell maybe even true?

Maybe the problem is the publications you approve of and read won’t do the follow up and only pump out the unproven accusations and lies on the front end to get clicks and score cheap politics points.  Then once the truth comes out of it doesn’t fit their needs why cover it.  All media is guilty of it and the root of the disfunction/division in this country imo.

You’re an idiot on so many subjects
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2022, 10:18:05 AM »
It isn't a dumb joke.  It is the honest truth.  Florida is the butt of a ton of jokes in this country.  Your covid numbers are as believable as China's.

You may like it there, but the state is being led into the ground by a man who will be abandoning it in two years.

I could sell the home I bought here in 2017 for 150% more than I paid for it. My property taxes are 25% of what they were in Cook County. My state income tax is zero. The air quality is the best of any city in the USA and the weather is close to perfect. If that’s what happens while one is “being led into the ground” where do I sign up for more.

Meanwhile, you’re like the guy shoveling elephant crap in the circus. If someone asks you why you won’t abandon the disaster you’re living in you smile and say, “What, and leave show business?” LOL

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #83 on: April 29, 2022, 10:19:39 AM »
Pretty easy to explain. States like California totally cratered, states like Florida didn’t. Say you had $100 and lost $50, then recovered $10 - 20% recovery, right?Meanwhile, I had $100 and lost $10, then recovered $15 - 16.7%. So you “win”. But you have $60 and I have $105.

If you really believe California’s economy fared better than Florida’s from March 2020 through the present I have a bridge you might be interested in buying.

Lenny,

When you write something like this, do you really believe I'll be too lazy to look up the data to see if you are correct or, once again, wrong?
Spoiler alert ... You are once again wrong.
Florida's annual GDP actually shrunk more in 2020 (relative to 2019) than California's. Only slightly more, but more nonetheless. And by no means did Cali "crater" compared to Florida or anywhere else.

https://www.bea.gov/system/files/inline-images/qgdpstate0321b.png

Might I suggest you post more with facts and less with your feelings?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 10:24:55 AM by Pakuni »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2022, 10:20:00 AM »

Yeah, totally photoshopped, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2022, 10:23:43 AM »

No, I'm just not a rube.  I learned how to properly vet my sources.  You've proven time and time again, that you don't, or you choose to believe whatever your brain has cooked up and then find media to confirm this bias.  You do realize there are plenty of resources online that you can check to see if your media outlets are lying to you or distorting the facts... right?

I think it's hilariou when people assume I give a crap what Sam Stein, Don Lemon etc think.  They're telling on themselves, because the implication is that they follow similar media characters that have a right wing view point.  I only accuse the people who actually watch the drivel of watching it... because they're repeating what those guys say on a nightly basis.  I haven't watched cable news for decades.  I don't listen to talk radio outside of NPR, and that is just for the news.

A lot of people on this board need to do a better job of understanding when they're being lied to and why.  The propaganda machine has always been strong in this country.  With all of the actual information more readily available, I'm consistently amazed at the laziness that people display when consuming media.  But I'm not sure why I'm amazed when there are people around here that post links to articles that they've never read.  Headlines are all that their attention spans can deal with before their brains return to the trough for more media slop.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2022, 10:27:23 AM »
Lenny,

When you write something like this, do you really believe I'll be too lazy to look up the data to see if you are correct or, once again, wrong?
Spoiler alert ... You are once again wrong.
Florida's annual GDP actually shrunk more in 2020 (relative to 2019) than California's. Only slightly more, but more nonetheless. And by no means did Cali "crater" compared to Florida or anywhere else.

https://www.bea.gov/system/files/inline-images/qgdpstate0321b.png

Might I suggest you post more with facts and less with your feelings?

I feel a fact-free triple down coming from Lenny...
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2022, 10:32:03 AM »
Best president of my lifetime!

Don't steal my lines. Do our lifetimes intersect, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2022, 10:33:29 AM »
I could sell the home I bought here in 2017 for 150% more than I paid for it. My property taxes are 25% of what they were in Cook County. My state income tax is zero. The air quality is the best of any city in the USA and the weather is close to perfect. If that’s what happens while one is “being led into the ground” where do I sign up for more.

Meanwhile, you’re like the guy shoveling elephant crap in the circus. If someone asks you why you won’t abandon the disaster you’re living in you smile and say, “What, and leave show business?” LOL

My home is also worth 150% more than when I bought it.  And I could sell it for probably 175% of what I bought it for.  So I guess grats on keeping up with Wisconsin!

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #89 on: April 29, 2022, 10:34:20 AM »

Don't steal my lines. Do our lifetimes intersect, hey?

Imitation, flattery or something 😃

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #90 on: April 29, 2022, 10:37:45 AM »

The guy being bled dry by the Sandy Hook parents.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #91 on: April 29, 2022, 10:51:01 AM »
My home is also worth 150% more than when I bought it.  And I could sell it for probably 175% of what I bought it for.  So I guess grats on keeping up with Wisconsin!

With mortgage rates crawling north of 5%, good luck with that, bro, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #92 on: April 29, 2022, 10:53:31 AM »
No, I'm just not a rube.  I learned how to properly vet my sources.  You've proven time and time again, that you don't, or you choose to believe whatever your brain has cooked up and then find media to confirm this bias.  You do realize there are plenty of resources online that you can check to see if your media outlets are lying to you or distorting the facts... right?

I think it's hilariou when people assume I give a crap what Sam Stein, Don Lemon etc think.  They're telling on themselves, because the implication is that they follow similar media characters that have a right wing view point.  I only accuse the people who actually watch the drivel of watching it... because they're repeating what those guys say on a nightly basis.  I haven't watched cable news for decades.  I don't listen to talk radio outside of NPR, and that is just for the news.

A lot of people on this board need to do a better job of understanding when they're being lied to and why.  The propaganda machine has always been strong in this country.  With all of the actual information more readily available, I'm consistently amazed at the laziness that people display when consuming media.  But I'm not sure why I'm amazed when there are people around here that post links to articles that they've never read.  Headlines are all that their attention spans can deal with before their brains return to the trough for more media slop.

So point out the lies in the link I sent.  Instead of just writing it off cause it’s from the Post.  Make an argument against what was said, something of substance other then your standard oh it’s from xyz source so it must be wrong.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2022, 11:02:38 AM »

And in all sincerity I’m always trying to find new reliable sources of information/news.  Do you have 2 or 3 of your favorites you mind sharing so I can add to my list?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2022, 11:15:31 AM »
So point out the lies in the link I sent.  Instead of just writing it off cause it’s from the Post.  Make an argument against what was said, something of substance other then your standard oh it’s from xyz source so it must be wrong.

No.  I don't have time.  I'm not spending my day disproving every opinion piece you post to this website.  Someday you'll have to do a bit of the work on your own. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #95 on: April 29, 2022, 11:17:37 AM »

In 2017? 

I'm not trying to trumpet Florida's greatness, but I have 2 friends who bought nice houses in Milwaukee suburbs post-2012 who recently sold for mild gains that are probably unch when all costs are factored in.  Meanwhile my parent's bought a place in Florida last June and it was just valued at 38% more than they bought it for in less than a year and similar properties are selling for 50-60% more on the market now. 

I personally think the FL real estate market is unsustainable and overheated, but to act like Wisconsin, or any northern state, is the same because homes appreciated over the last 15-20 years is silly.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2022, 11:19:57 AM »
And in all sincerity I’m always trying to find new reliable sources of information/news.  Do you have 2 or 3 of your favorites you mind sharing so I can add to my list?

So you can crow about them?  No thanks.  I dont even have specific places I frequent for my news. 

What I do, in general, is read the article and then figure out the credentials and biases of the author or interviewee.  This leads me towards understanding not just the information presented, but why it is presented the way it is.

Additionally, sources that use language intended to elicit an emotional response are dog crap. 🐕

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2022, 11:20:02 AM »
No.  I don't have time.  I'm not spending my day disproving every opinion piece you post to this website.  Someday you'll have to do a bit of the work on your own.

Haha, amazing.  “I’m not doing your work”…..means there wasn’t a lie you could find but it’s from the Post so I don’t care!  🤡

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2022, 11:20:52 AM »
So you can crow about them?  No thanks.  I dont even have specific places I frequent for my news. 

What I do, in general, is read the article and then figure out the credentials and biases of the author or interviewee.  This leads me towards understanding not just the information presented, but why it is presented the way it is.

Additionally, sources that use language intended to elicit an emotional response are dog crap. 🐕

Hahahahaha, have a day Hards!!! 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #99 on: April 29, 2022, 11:21:27 AM »
Haha, amazing.  “I’m not doing your work”…..means there wasn’t a lie you could find but it’s from the Post so I don’t care!  🤡

No.  What you're failing to grasp is that you van just post article link after article link and expect me to wade through the crap for hours upon hours a day.  Yet you won't do the same foe yourself.