[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Cremation over burial  (Read 4395 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Cremation over burial
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2022, 07:41:38 PM »
<Puts on tin foil hat> Careful announcing you are an organ donor, the paramedics will take the long route to the hospital if you are in an ambo. They get paid to get organ donations <Takes off tin foil hat>

I know a guy who knows a guy who got drunk in Mexico one night and woke up in a bath tub of ice missing one of his kidneys.
True story.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2022, 07:54:22 PM »
I know a guy who knows a guy who got drunk in Mexico one night and woke up in a bath tub of ice missing one of his kidneys.
True story.

WTF??

I'd recommend the movie Dirty Pretty Things if you haven't seen it.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2022, 08:13:11 PM »
I’m going to be stuffed and placed in the corner of my wife’s bedroom. Hawaiian shirt, lei, sunglasses, party hat, posed with a jaunty wave of the hand. And those sneakers with wheels so it’s easy to wheel me out for parties.  ;D

Inspired by “Weekend at Bernie’s”?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2022, 06:13:56 AM »
WTF??

I'd recommend the movie Dirty Pretty Things if you haven't seen it.

He's describing a well known urban myth.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2022, 06:33:19 AM »
I had a good friend who unexpectedly passed away during the height of Covid (not of Covid). He was an accomplished musician and a beer connoisseur.

There was no service at the time of his cremation, but once the world opened up somewhat, his wife threw a huge party that was basically a big jam session with all of his musician friends. They served his favorite barbecue and craft beer and his wife brought his extensive collection of Hawaiian and Guayabera shirts and invited all the guys to take one home.

Best memorial service ever. No tears, just great memories and great friends.
Have some patience, FFS.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2022, 06:54:25 AM »
This is an interesting subject...and one I've been thinking about an awful lot over the past year and a half. I lost my brother in November 2020 and my father this past December. Neither had an open casket. I was very happy about this and, frankly, might have stayed out of the room if there had been an open casket. I really don't like it. My mother said to me that for a couple decades after her mother's death, whenever she thought of her mother the visual that flooded her mind was the open casket. I wanted to avoid that. My preference will be to not have an open casket, but I do understand that some people feel that they "need" that for closure. I think it's sensible to have a provision that would allow that for a very limited group of people who feel they "need" it (e.g., spouse, children, siblings, and parents...but nobody else) and then closed for everyone else.

Brother Warrior:

Many of my close relatives have gone to their eternal reward. Very few had open caskets.

When family members die, I don't want to see their lifeless body laying in a box. They're already dead and they're not there.

I want to remember my parents as full of life, full of energy and people who took advantage of the opportunities presented to them. Same for my grandparents, in-laws and my late sister. I have a standing rule that unless it's someone very close and it's very offensive not to view the body, I don't. I'll go to visitation and pay my condolences to the survivors, but I tend to try to stay away from a morbid display of a dead body.

As to how I want to go, I have told my children I want my worldly possessions converted to gold coins when I die. They should get a ultra-extra large casket, put my body in it and put the coins around my body. Like hell, I can't take it with me!

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2022, 07:45:05 AM »
his wife threw a huge party that was basically a big jam session with all of his musician friends. They served his favorite barbecue and craft beer and his wife brought his extensive collection of Hawaiian and Guayabera shirts and invited all the guys to take one home.

Best memorial service ever. No tears, just great memories and great friends.

Mine will be the opposite.  Arby's will be served and everyone will be sad, and even sadder a few hours later.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2022, 09:37:37 AM »
Mine will be the opposite.  Arby's will be served and everyone will be sad, and even sadder a few hours later.

Will you be embalmed in Arby's sauce, cheddar sauce, or horsey sauce?

Imma gonna go with a mix of all 3.  (Really the only option, TBF.)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2022, 09:59:14 AM »
Will you be embalmed in Arby's sauce, cheddar sauce, or horsey sauce?

Imma gonna go with a mix of all 3.  (Really the only option, TBF.)

Ever hear of water cremation?  Horsey Sauce cremation is faster and sends your beloved off on a spicy note.

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2022, 01:45:37 PM »
Very Interesting topic/thread ! ! !  Well, my dad never wanted to talk about dying and burials. He said he had seen enuf death while  fighting in WWII  for 4 yrs including being in the Battle of the Bulge ....Understood by all!!  He got full Military Honors and is buried at the VA here in Milw...My mom, on the other hand, didn't have a problem discussing it. She had said she wanted to buried with my dad, (which is allowed) but she was told because of the limited area, that she would be buried on top of my dad (double stacked).  She was fine with it.  We were all a little older already when one day we were talking about burials, she reiterated her being with my dad, when she says," oh yea, that's ok to put me on top, because Dad always liked me on Top"..  Laughed our butts off...   As for me... I told my wife and family, I want to be Cremated, as I say that I have taken up enuf space on this earth ALIVE, don't waste anymore land/area for eternity, just Cremate me ! ! !    8-)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 11:09:15 AM by Ardmore Mug »

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2022, 09:39:24 AM »
Just being pedantic, if he fought for 4 years after the Battle-of the Bulge, he’s in some major trouble, as the war in Europe ended a few months after that battle and WWII ended less than a year after the battle. ;D
Was at an event in December honoring living WWII vets, including my dad. What an amazing generation. The stories they told were stunning and like your dad focused on life and friendship rather than death.

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2022, 11:06:39 AM »
OOPPPSSSS  Duhhh...  Late night and Bourbon night...  I fixed it    Thnx  ! !

MU82

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2022, 06:05:47 PM »
My dad also fought in the Battle of the Bulge. Didn't talk about it much. What a thing that must have been.

As pbi says, truly an amazing generation that saved the world.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback