[Today at 09:58:46 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Viper
[Today at 09:52:10 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MU Fan in Connecticut
[Today at 09:25:35 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by MarquetteDano
[Today at 09:22:06 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: 2023 MAUI...WOAH  (Read 17443 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: 2023 MAUI...WOAH
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2022, 09:39:24 PM »
According to Marquette, though, all of our players will still be freshmen.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Afroman

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2022, 10:29:28 AM »
I'd love to go.
My wife and I were on our honeymoon in Maui during the tournament in 2008 (did not go to any games).
We happened to be staying at the same resort as Indiana.
While sitting poolside, I remember asking the mother of an Indiana player what she thought of the new coach and she was not a fan.
Good times.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2022, 12:58:13 PM »
For those who've gone, what's the best way to do it? Should we do the travel package through the Maui site or Marquette? Or is it better to plan our own travel and get the game tickets otherwise? I know it's just a 3-day event, but I have to think we'll try to stretch to at least 7-10 days because we won't get to Hawaii very often, so might as well take advantage. Is that something the travel packages allows for? What about alternate housing options like AirBNB or something similar?
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

TheButlerDidIt

• Starter
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2022, 02:23:15 PM »
For those who've gone, what's the best way to do it? Should we do the travel package through the Maui site or Marquette? Or is it better to plan our own travel and get the game tickets otherwise? I know it's just a 3-day event, but I have to think we'll try to stretch to at least 7-10 days because we won't get to Hawaii very often, so might as well take advantage. Is that something the travel packages allows for? What about alternate housing options like AirBNB or something similar?

My wife and I went back in 2012 and we purchased the package through Marquette-it worked well for us at the time. We're planning on going again next year with our three kids. I will probably explore the package again and see if it makes sense this time around.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2022, 02:33:17 PM »
My wife and I went back in 2012 and we purchased the package through Marquette-it worked well for us at the time. We're planning on going again next year with our three kids. I will probably explore the package again and see if it makes sense this time around.

When will those packages open up?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2022, 02:38:30 PM »
The idea of sitting between fluffy and brew at a game in Maui has me thinking about early retirement.   

Brew to tell me about the game, fluffy to tell me how good the refs are.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2022, 02:47:58 PM »
The idea of sitting between fluffy and brew at a game in Maui has me thinking about early retirement.   

Can Ken Pomeroy come too?

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2022, 02:50:25 PM »
Per Kevin Sweeney @CBB_Central on Twitter

National champion Kansas is headed to the 2023 Maui Invitational, source tells @SINow.

Full field:

Gonzaga
Kansas
Marquette
Purdue
Syracuse
Tennessee
UCLA
Chaminade

LOADED

The 2023 national title has been decided already? Is there still a chance to put money on KU to win?
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

TheButlerDidIt

• Starter
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2022, 03:01:05 PM »
When will those packages open up?

For this year's tournament, Early Bird pricing ended on 4/18/22. I'm assuming packages are open sometime in March. So for us, I'm assuming March of next year.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2022, 03:04:36 PM »

What will we be talking about?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2022, 05:58:20 PM »
The 2023 national title has been decided already? Is there still a chance to put money on KU to win?

Since this will be for the 2024 National Championship, the answer to your question is yes.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2022, 06:02:42 PM »
There was a guy here named Chicos who also loved Kansas.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2022, 06:03:33 PM »

Sultan will tell how poorly the MU fans are behaving.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2022, 06:03:55 PM »
I have zero recollection of playing Kansas in 2018.

Same but substitute 2003.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2022, 06:04:32 PM »

With a family of 5, look at Honua Kai resort, 2 bedroom condo.  Just was there really nice

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2022, 07:39:55 PM »

Too bad Benny is retired from Scoop. I would answer, but I'd first start with your some questions as my answers will differ.

Is this your first time in Maui? Are you bringing the family?  Do you want to Basketball Jones 24/7 or activities? Are you visiting other islands? Or just staying on Maui? How long?

For me, I avoid the package tours like the plague. I have two poor experiences on what is a premium price.

One in Newark for the NCAA I got moved to an overflow hotel. No tour company concierge at the hotel, no bus to the game as that was for the team hotel. No problem but that is what they upcharged me for.

The second in the VI. I got moved from the team hotel to another hotel on the other side of the island. Upgrade to a luxury hotel, no problem. But again, no bus, no team events so I needed a car and no drinking at team events.

Again, no problem other than I paid for that service but I was randomly moved to an inconvenience.

Maui is one I might sign up for the tour though. The Hyatt is family friendly. The other teams all stay right there so camaraderie is fun. All the tournament private events are are included if that is your thing. MU does a number of events.

That said, in Maui, I grab a condo, pass on the tour company and MU packages, and buy after tickets with Maui residents in August. $500 a night at the Hyatt doesn't get you much space with a family that a condo does. I'd rather save the tour and room cash for activities and food/beverage. No matter where to stay in a condo, you are a block or two from the beach.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2022, 10:49:33 PM »
Too bad Benny is retired from Scoop. I would answer, but I'd first start with your some questions as my answers will differ.

Is this your first time in Maui? Are you bringing the family?  Do you want to Basketball Jones 24/7 or activities? Are you visiting other islands? Or just staying on Maui? How long?

For me, I avoid the package tours like the plague. I have two poor experiences on what is a premium price.

One in Newark for the NCAA I got moved to an overflow hotel. No tour company concierge at the hotel, no bus to the game as that was for the team hotel. No problem but that is what they upcharged me for.

The second in the VI. I got moved from the team hotel to another hotel on the other side of the island. Upgrade to a luxury hotel, no problem. But again, no bus, no team events so I needed a car and no drinking at team events.

Again, no problem other than I paid for that service but I was randomly moved to an inconvenience.

Maui is one I might sign up for the tour though. The Hyatt is family friendly. The other teams all stay right there so camaraderie is fun. All the tournament private events are are included if that is your thing. MU does a number of events.

That said, in Maui, I grab a condo, pass on the tour company and MU packages, and buy after tickets with Maui residents in August. $500 a night at the Hyatt doesn't get you much space with a family that a condo does. I'd rather save the tour and room cash for activities and food/beverage. No matter where to stay in a condo, you are a block or two from the beach.
LOL Doc this was a Netflix docuseries 
Goal is National Championship

TheButlerDidIt

• Starter
« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2022, 10:29:31 AM »

With a family of 5, look at Honua Kai resort, 2 bedroom condo.  Just was there really nice

Thank you for the heads up!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2022, 12:14:27 PM »
LOL Doc this was a Netflix docuseries

They don’t call me Rick Steves for nothing. Next up, “West Coast Rican Lunches: To Conch or not to Conch?”

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2022, 12:37:37 PM »
They don’t call me Rick Steves for nothing. Next up, “West Coast Rican Lunches: To Conch or not to Conch?”
Definitely one should be coming soon.
Goal is National Championship

mundelein jerry

• Walk-On
« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2022, 02:13:49 PM »
In 2017, we rented 2 adjoining timeshares at the Westin Ka’anapali resort through Redweek.com. Flights from United. Game tickets through MU. Spent Sun to Sat in Maui. Took a Hawaiian Air puddle jumper to Oahu. Hilton Hawaiian Village for 6 nights. United had nonstop flights from O’Hare both ways. (Flight to Maui was 1/2 MU families.) Mass in Nanakuli at Fr Al Kim’s (MU grad 1976) traditional Hawaiian parish.  MU did a great job in Maui with mixers etc.  Probably will need 3 condos this time.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2022, 08:16:23 AM »

Wow! Chaminade made it to the Elite 8. Who woulda thunk it?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2023, 11:13:55 AM »
NET rankings as of today:

Tennessee #2
Purdue #4
UCLA #5
Kansas #10
Gonzaga #12
Marquette #16
Syracuse # 99
Chaminade NR

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2023, 11:22:08 AM »
NET rankings as of today:

Tennessee #2
Purdue #4
UCLA #5
Kansas #10
Gonzaga #12
Marquette #16
Syracuse # 99
Chaminade NR

KenPom rankings show an even more loaded field:

Tennessee #2
UCLA #4
Purdue #5
Marquette #8
Kansas #10
Gonzaga #18
Syracuse #81
Chaminade NR

If the tournament was today, at least one top 10 team would end up in the loser's bracket. That's nuts
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2023, 11:49:26 AM »
Who do we need to keep an eye on potentially leaving early from some of those schools?  Wilson and Dick from Kansas surely will be gone right?  Jaquez and Campbell could theoretically return for a covid year if I understand the rules correctly?  I'd be okay if we never have to face Edey again, but would he even leave considering how he projects as a NBA prospect, plus I'm sure Painter will find some 7-6 monster out there like he always seems to do. Timme should be gone, but what about Strawther? I know nothing about Tenn roster other than Aidoo.  We might not be the favorite, but seeing as we could potentially return our entire rotation and the tournament is early in the season when teams with new additions might still be figuring it out, I wouldn't bet against us.