[Today at 04:05:24 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by cheebs09
[Today at 04:00:16 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by NickelDimer
[Today at 03:31:19 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Marquette Crime Reports  (Read 47065 times)

withoutbias

• All American
Re: Marquette Crime Reports
« Reply #500 on: November 15, 2022, 11:02:09 AM »
There goes Marquette's enrollment, down another 10,000, as parents tell their kids to go to safe campuses like UVa and Idaho.

Funny.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #501 on: November 21, 2022, 03:30:53 AM »
The Marquette University Police Department is investigating the incident below. If you have more information, please contact MUPD immediately at (414) 288-6800.

Initial Incident Report

Incident type: Shots fired
Incident location: 17th St. and W. State St.
Approximate time: 8:41 p.m.
Victims: None
Physical injuries: None

MUPD responded to a report of shots fired near 17th St. and W. State St. Evidence of a discharged weapon was found. No physical injuries were reported; there are no suspec
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #502 on: November 22, 2022, 06:01:05 PM »
Initial Incident Report

Incident type: Shots fired
Incident location: 23rd St. and W. Wells St.
Approximate time: 4:35 p.m.
Victims: None

At approximately 4:35 p.m., Marquette University Police responded to a report of shots fired near 23rd St. and W. Wells St. According to witnesses, two unidentified suspect vehicles containing an unknown number of individuals were traveling northbound when the vehicles' occupants exchanged gunfire, striking a parked vehicle and an apartment building. No physical injuries were reported. The suspect vehicles traveled northbound out of the area. The Milwaukee Police Department is investigating.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #503 on: December 03, 2022, 05:59:42 PM »
The Marquette University Police Department is investigating the incident below. If you have more information, please contact MUPD immediately at (414) 288-6800.

Initial Incident Report

Incident type: Armed robbery
Incident location: 700 block of 22nd Street
Approximate time: 4:05 p.m.
Victims: One male, not affiliated with Marquette.

The suspect entered a business, displayed a weapon and stole property from behind the counter. The suspect then fled the business onto 22nd Street toward Wisconsin Avenue.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #504 on: December 29, 2022, 03:28:20 AM »

Initial Incident Report

Incident type: Possible armed disorderly subject
Incident location: 18th Street and West Wisconsin Avenue​​​​​​​
Approximate time: 9:01 p.m.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
Victims: One female Marquette student

At approximately 9:01 p.m., MUPD responded to reports of a possible armed disorderly subject in the 1800 block of West Wisconsin Avenue. A suspect approached a Marquette female student as she entered her vehicle, threatening physical harm to the student. The female student honked her car horn, which caused the suspect to flee. The student was not physically harmed and is receiving support from MUPD. There is no active threat to campus. MUPD is investigating.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #505 on: December 29, 2022, 10:02:30 AM »
That's almost a month between reports, both relatively minor.

No wonder Marquette's enrollment is increasing nicely. Given all the reports of killings, rapes and other tragedies around the country, we have one of the safest campus areas anywhere!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #506 on: December 29, 2022, 10:09:59 AM »
On my google feed today, there was a WTMJ report about at least 10 cars being broken into during the Marquette game.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #507 on: December 29, 2022, 10:16:29 AM »
On my google feed today, there was a WTMJ report about at least 10 cars being broken into during the Marquette game.

Which resulted in 10 fouls called on Marquette by BE officials.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #508 on: December 29, 2022, 11:01:03 AM »

On campus, or near the arena?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #509 on: December 29, 2022, 11:23:44 AM »

Honestly, the fact that you could park anywhere near the now Fiserv and have peace of mind about your car is progress.  When I was growing up going to games at the BC in the 90s, if you parked north of McKinley/Fond Du Lac, you were choosing your own adventure.  I remember parking by the old JS building (which is now MATC or something just west of 6th) and having my Dad be like "dont tell your mom, shh"

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #510 on: December 29, 2022, 12:16:35 PM »
On campus, or near the arena?
Don't know. I dont read articles, I just quote them or link them

MU82

• All American
« Reply #511 on: December 29, 2022, 12:29:02 PM »
Don't know. I dont read articles, I just quote them or link them

That's a must to earn a sQoop Hero Award!

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #512 on: December 29, 2022, 02:20:55 PM »
Honestly, the fact that you could park anywhere near the now Fiserv and have peace of mind about your car is progress.  When I was growing up going to games at the BC in the 90s, if you parked north of McKinley/Fond Du Lac, you were choosing your own adventure.  I remember parking by the old JS building (which is now MATC or something just west of 6th) and having my Dad be like "dont tell your mom, shh"

When we were season ticket holders (09-19) we parked north of McKinley for every game and never gave it a second thought. The only problem we ever had was that several of the businesses around there don't always shovel their sidewalks.
Have some patience, FFS.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #513 on: December 29, 2022, 02:27:46 PM »
When we were season ticket holders (09-19) we parked north of McKinley for every game and never gave it a second thought. The only problem we ever had was that several of the businesses around there don't always shovel their sidewalks.

Yea, that was a very different area by then.  Adding the new onramp there in the early 2000s started it. Then, once MATC took over the old JS printing building, like I said, and they put in a few new parking lots and street lights, it brightened up.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #514 on: December 29, 2022, 03:19:49 PM »

Ma, keep that dream alive. 6th and Brown ain't Martha's Vineyard no more. Da chit folks will do to save $10. Any wonder our endowment sucks sewer water, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #515 on: December 29, 2022, 03:53:11 PM »

Ma, keep that dream alive. 6th and Brown ain't Martha's Vineyard no more. Da chit folks will do to save $10. Any wonder our endowment sucks sewer water, hey?

The endowment is down because of the area over a mile away from campus?  Adjacent to nothing about campus except where the basketball team plays 16 times a year?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #516 on: December 29, 2022, 04:24:55 PM »

I thought you hadn’t left Mequon in the past quarter century. Just basing this on the crime reports?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #517 on: December 29, 2022, 04:28:20 PM »
I thought you hadn’t left Mequon in the past quarter century. Just basing this on the crime reports?

“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #518 on: December 29, 2022, 05:03:10 PM »

Listen, I grew up in Mequon.  4 different kids I was actually friends with, not just associates, died of heroin overdoses before 23, each death occurring in Mequon.  There was a double homicide a quarter mile from my parents house about 10 years ago and someone was stabbed to death at a party in Mequon in October.  It’s basically the south side of Chicago at this point.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #519 on: December 29, 2022, 05:09:31 PM »
Listen, I grew up in Mequon.  4 different kids I was actually friends with, not just associates, died of heroin overdoses before 23, each death occurring in Mequon.  There was a double homicide a quarter mile from my parents house about 10 years ago and someone was stabbed to death at a party in Mequon in October.  It’s basically the south side of Chicago at this point.

No wonder the endowment at Concordia sucks
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #520 on: December 29, 2022, 06:03:19 PM »
No wonder the endowment at Concordia sucks

And why it’s a haven for dentists.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #521 on: December 29, 2022, 07:08:13 PM »

Well, you hung out with the wrong crowd. The kids I know are largely successful and some of the best snd brightest you'll run across anywhere.
Btw, reread my response to Ma. Your logic and reading comprehension drew the wrong conclusion, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #522 on: December 29, 2022, 07:10:07 PM »

all of these heroin/fentanyl overdose/deaths are really sad and need to be addressed like yesterday.  there is approximately 1 death/overdose every 5 minutes...EVERY 5 MINUTES!!!  translation, if there was a death due to bad big macs every 5 minutes would something be done?  the acknowledgment and/or action on this epidemic is being largely ignored.  so what the heck, let's legalize 'shrooms, they're naturally occurring anyway

but the border is secure eyn'a?
don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #523 on: December 29, 2022, 07:11:59 PM »
all of these heroin/fentanyl overdose/deaths are really sad and need to be addressed like yesterday.  there is approximately 1 death/overdose every 5 minutes...EVERY 5 MINUTES!!!  translation, if there was a death due to bad big macs every 5 minutes would something be done?  the acknowledgment and/or action on this epidemic is being largely ignored.  so what the heck, let's legalize 'shrooms, they're naturally occurring anyway

Fantastic

8.5 out of 10
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #524 on: December 29, 2022, 07:25:14 PM »

How would you like to see it addressed?

feedback