[Today at 12:21:27 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 28075 times)

lawdog77

• All American
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #177 on: April 01, 2022, 09:42:29 AM »
Watched a little of the three point contest. Davison's first rack included two air balls. That made me smile.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #178 on: April 01, 2022, 09:49:22 AM »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #179 on: April 01, 2022, 10:06:39 AM »
I did not expect UW to have a sense of humor like that, I'll give them that one.
Me as well. Didn’t tjink they had it in them.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #180 on: April 01, 2022, 10:40:09 AM »
Too bad it's not a real story. It would have been fun to see Floppy drop to 2-4 vs. MU. Maybe he could have choked away one more game, as he did 2 others in the series.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #181 on: April 01, 2022, 10:50:25 AM »
My favorite annoying Wisconsin fan story doesn’t even have to do with Marquette.

Was up at Camp Randall for a Northwestern game, Northwestern ended up beating them but the fans were angry they started throwing snow balls at their own cheerleaders.

Also got pelted in back of the the head by a little kid, (I was wearing northwestern stuff) as I turned around to bitch to his parents (Not him, I mean he was literally probably just 10 years old) his parents were laughing at it. They teach them young out there.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #182 on: April 01, 2022, 10:55:06 AM »
My favorite annoying Wisconsin fan story doesn’t even have to do with Marquette.

Was up at Camp Randall for a Northwestern game, Northwestern ended up beating them but the fans were angry they started throwing snow balls at their own cheerleaders.

Also got pelted in back of the the head by a little kid, (I was wearing northwestern stuff) as I turned around to bitch to his parents (Not him, I mean he was literally probably just 10 years old) his parents were laughing at it. They teach them young out there.

It’s all part of their L’il Red Dirtbag program.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #183 on: April 01, 2022, 11:42:29 AM »

Oh, no snowballs!

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #184 on: April 01, 2022, 11:56:32 AM »
Saw this resurface on Twitter a few weeks ago or so, but they chanted 'cyclops' at Chris Otule years back at Wisconsin.

I remember hearing that and my blood boiled.
VIOLENCE!

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #185 on: April 01, 2022, 11:57:38 AM »
Saw this resurface on Twitter a few weeks ago or so, but they chanted 'cyclops' at Chris Otule years back at Wisconsin.

I remember hearing that and my blood boiled.

Surely, no Marquette student has ever said a mean thing ever.  Surely.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #186 on: April 01, 2022, 12:00:04 PM »
One of the most embarrassing chants I've heard at a Marquette game is "Public School!!!" directed towards UW fans.

As if it was somehow insulting to them that they went to a public school that is higher ranked than Marquette.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #187 on: April 01, 2022, 12:53:23 PM »
One of the most embarrassing chants I've heard at a Marquette game is "Public School!!!" directed towards UW fans.

As if it was somehow insulting to them that they went to a public school that is higher ranked than Marquette.
they exist due to the people, true. But they hate hearing about it, trust me. Hacks off RED?, go for it.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #188 on: April 01, 2022, 01:00:34 PM »

Ya sound just like a vadger fan

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #189 on: April 01, 2022, 06:06:06 PM »
Ya sound just like a vadger fan

I'm not one.  But I still maintain the ability to recognize stupid.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #190 on: April 01, 2022, 08:33:35 PM »

why is that "embarrassing"?  you may not have found it amusing, but embarrassing?  passing around a blow-up doll may be embarrassing, but this?
don't...don't don't don't don't

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #191 on: April 01, 2022, 09:32:40 PM »
I'm not one.  But I still maintain the ability to recognize stupid.
Defending at every turn.

Balrogs

• Walk-On
« Reply #192 on: April 02, 2022, 07:44:07 AM »
  why is that "embarrassing"?  you may not have found it amusing, but embarrassing?  passing around a blow-up doll may be embarrassing, but this?

Because it is an elitist chant that is stupid.  Just because you go to a private school doesn't mean you're better than them.  Given my experience (nearly a fight at a UW fb game, broken windshield, denying anything that "detracts" (like Bo Ryan massage therapist, poor graduation rates), rodents are one of the worst behaved fan bases around and it makes me cringe when we act like them.  If you think you're better than them, then be better.  I had my rodent PhD BIL, nearly yelling at me because I said Joe Krabbenhoft should have been punished in the recent Michigan dust up as it was clear he escalated.  Even his wife and daughter thought he embarrassed himself.  I paid my own way through Marquette twice as my parents didn't have money so maybe I especially think this chant is stupid.  Have some self respect and don't act like a badger fan (aka a douche)

Viper

• All American
« Reply #193 on: April 02, 2022, 08:20:06 AM »
Because it is an elitist chant that is stupid.  Just because you go to a private school doesn't mean you're better than them.  Given my experience (nearly a fight at a UW fb game, broken windshield, denying anything that "detracts" (like Bo Ryan massage therapist, poor graduation rates), rodents are one of the worst behaved fan bases around and it makes me cringe when we act like them.  If you think you're better than them, then be better.  I had my rodent PhD BIL, nearly yelling at me because I said Joe Krabbenhoft should have been punished in the recent Michigan dust up as it was clear he escalated.  Even his wife and daughter thought he embarrassed himself.  I paid my own way through Marquette twice as my parents didn't have money so maybe I especially think this chant is stupid.  Have some self respect and don't act like a badger fan (aka a douche)
dang dude. And what’s up with the beavers?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #194 on: April 02, 2022, 08:23:11 AM »
Making fun of people who have college degrees from a public university is dumb.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Balrogs

• Walk-On
« Reply #195 on: April 02, 2022, 10:16:35 AM »
dang dude. And what’s up with the beavers?

That's an old Buzz Williams quote that apparently has some special characters that don't display correctly.  I hardly ever post (just lurk and read) and should replace it.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #196 on: April 02, 2022, 11:46:22 AM »

Bravo!  Well said. 
Ludum habemus.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #197 on: April 02, 2022, 02:08:42 PM »

it may be stupid, rude, uncalled for, etc etc etc, but as i said, i've heard and seen much much worse.  big deal.  bullsheet bullsheet bullsheet, when they use the "F" bomb, those are worse.  but what are you going to do?  over rated over rated...very disrespectful  your experiences are very unfortunate.  no need for anyone to go all "will smith" over someone for what is said.  alcohol no doubt plays in here as well.  i paid for my undergrad, grad and 2 kids ways thru MU and i feel fortunate i could do that

btw, i wasn't in the crowd leading the aforementioned chant and wouldn't join in, but that one is so very tame to the many others that have been chanted throughout the college university venues  all part of the college experience
don't...don't don't don't don't

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #198 on: April 02, 2022, 04:02:00 PM »
I worked for a small business (about 200 employees) which was head quartered in Waltham, Mass; a Boston suburb. One time for a training session ( casual dress ) I walked in with all my Yankee gear. If looks could kill I would be dead.
Well that is different that is like Real Madrid / Barcelona, some of the biggest rivalries in sport.
Goal is National Championship

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #199 on: April 02, 2022, 04:07:43 PM »
Oh, no snowballs!
At your own cheerleaders? Really? Stop being an apologist.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 04:11:45 PM by Newsdreams »
Goal is National Championship