[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[April 24, 2024, 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Justin  (Read 191324 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: Justin
« Reply #1350 on: June 20, 2022, 08:37:32 PM »
Justin was so lazy, he didn’t even write a letter to get the ball more.  Sad!
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1351 on: June 20, 2022, 09:39:40 PM »
Soon to be professional athletes get to being one of the top 40-60 draft eligible players in the world in a given year by being lazy, no doubt.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 10:22:39 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1352 on: June 20, 2022, 11:45:41 PM »
I am so glad we got rid of that guy.

Word is, he actually wanted to come back, but Shaka said, "Hit the bricks, you lazy loser."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1353 on: June 21, 2022, 11:05:17 AM »
The Athletic's latest "live" mock draft from Sam Vecenie:

44. Atlanta Hawks: Justin Lewis | 6-8 wing | 20 years old | Marquette

Thank goodness we're done with Lazy Lewis. If only Shaka hadn't stoopidly kept him on the team last year, we'd have capped a 30-win season with a Final Four run.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1354 on: June 21, 2022, 02:05:39 PM »
I really hope Justin is drafted mid 2nd.  I do think though that generally the mock drafts in the past aren't particularly accurate after the first 15 picks or so. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1355 on: June 21, 2022, 03:08:58 PM »
Lenny his take is extreme.  You know better and are more nuanced.  Quit bending your knee to the lowest common denominator.

That NBA scout hates Justin Lewis, would never want him on the college team he cheers for and is very likely a racist in The World According To Scoop Idiots.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1356 on: June 21, 2022, 03:18:59 PM »
I really hope Justin is drafted mid 2nd.  I do think though that generally the mock drafts in the past aren't particularly accurate after the first 15 picks or so.
Muggsy: It is looking good for Justin in second round . He is now in everyone’s mock, the last holdout posted him yesterday . If for some reason he doesn’t get drafted ( trades can impact ) he will get a two way contract which is worth good money
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #1357 on: June 21, 2022, 03:20:22 PM »
That NBA scout hates Justin Lewis, would never want him on the college team he cheers for and is very likely a racist in The World According To Scoop Idiots.

Oh boy. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1358 on: June 21, 2022, 03:49:20 PM »

Why did Shaka want him on the team? He enables lazy players? Why didn't he bench Lewis the way he benched Morsell, Kolek and Kuath?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1359 on: June 21, 2022, 03:59:17 PM »
You're really becoming an embarrassing version of your former self.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1360 on: June 21, 2022, 04:23:00 PM »
Over at Draft Kings, you can get +1000 on Justin to go in the 1st round.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1361 on: June 21, 2022, 04:31:53 PM »
It's really a simple equation. Either you don't think Lewis is lazy, or you think that Shaka is a stoopid coach who enables laziness by giving significantly more playing time to a lazy guy than to any other player.

Which is it?

If it's the latter, it doesn't bode well for Marquette's program under Shaka.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1362 on: June 21, 2022, 04:42:34 PM »
You're really becoming an embarrassing version of your former self.

Smitty

I’m frequently embarrassed on your behalf. Glad I could return the favor.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1363 on: June 21, 2022, 04:55:38 PM »
It's really a simple equation. Either you don't think Lewis is lazy, or you think that Shaka is a stoopid coach who enables laziness by giving significantly more playing time to a lazy guy than to any other player.

Which is it?

If it's the latter, it doesn't bode well for Marquette's program under Shaka.

You can’t possibly be this dense but your “either or” is what’s stoopid.

Justin Lewis is a gifted player. I liked him better than Dawson as a freshman and he was our best player last year. But (sit down, this is going to come as a major shock) he wasn’t perfect. Anybody who watches our games with a remotely honest eye at times saw the same thing that the NBA scout saw. That doesn’t mean I was glad to see him go. That doesn’t mean I didn’t like him as a player and cheer for him.

Get a grip.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1364 on: June 21, 2022, 04:57:15 PM »

Justin Lewis is a gifted player. I liked him better than Dawson as a freshman and he was our best player last year. But (sit down, this is going to come as a major shock) he wasn’t perfect. Anybody who watches our games with a remotely honest eye at times saw the same thing that the NBA scout saw. That doesn’t mean I was glad to see him go. That doesn’t mean I didn’t like him as a player and cheer for him.

Get a grip.

You don’t.  Some do.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #1365 on: June 21, 2022, 05:01:00 PM »

Get a grip.

That is the answer and what you feel.  Normal Lenny.  Slyly defending a fellow scooper when their take was extremely silly is what doesn’t seem normal for you. 

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1366 on: June 21, 2022, 05:33:34 PM »
Smitty

I’m frequently embarrassed on your behalf. Glad I could return the favor.

Ah. "I know you are but what am I?" Good one.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #1367 on: June 21, 2022, 06:13:41 PM »

Get a grip.

I’m not sure how much scouts talk to college coaches versus front office people talking to college coaches. Scout says he’s “lazy” on defense and then the front office could talk to Shaka, who tells them: “yeah, I told him to take it easy defensively, I had an elite perimeter defender and a really good shot blocker. I needed his energy on offense.”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1368 on: June 21, 2022, 06:16:30 PM »

Get a grip.

Nobody ever portrayed Lewis as "perfect," Lenny, so get a grip.

I still can't believe Shaka kept running a "lazy" player onto the court over and over and over again. Most minutes on the team, by far, to a lazy guy! What kind of coach does that?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1369 on: June 21, 2022, 06:34:28 PM »
Before y'all rip on fellow Scoopers, perhaps NBA scouts, independent of consultation with the intelligentsia of this website, have formed their own analysis of #10 and how it translates to the Association. If Justin isn't lazy, then possibly he's simply stupid. Taking plays off literally has cost him hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1370 on: June 21, 2022, 06:35:38 PM »
Before y'all rip on fellow Scoopers, perhaps NBA scouts, independent of consultation with the intelligentsia of this website, have formed their own analysis of #10 and how it translates to the Association. If Justin isn't lazy, then possibly he's simply stupid. Taking plays off literally has cost him hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions, aina?

NBA drafts on potential, so no.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1371 on: June 21, 2022, 06:36:09 PM »

Uh…no.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #1372 on: June 21, 2022, 06:47:53 PM »

100% correct. This scout's take, and Vecenie's analysis in The Athletic are fair criticisms.

I do also think that sitting out the combine scrimmages was a bad move on his part. He had a chance to flip the narrative a bit and didn't take it.

That said, I hope he goes as high as possible and sticks in the league.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1373 on: June 21, 2022, 06:57:44 PM »
the other side of the equation is, and don't get me wrong, i very much enjoyed his play for us, BUT he might be one of those dudes built more for the college game than the pros.  there have been many great college ball'ers who fit that mold.

justin always seemed to be moving at a different speed.  sometimes one can get away with that via "smarts" and/or against college level talent, not pro.  to compare him to jae is being very very kind
don't...don't don't don't don't

panda

• All American
« Reply #1374 on: June 21, 2022, 08:05:58 PM »
the other side of the equation is, and don't get me wrong, i very much enjoyed his play for us, BUT he might be one of those dudes built more for the college game than the pros.  there have been many great college ball'ers who fit that mold.

justin always seemed to be moving at a different speed.  sometimes one can get away with that via "smarts" and/or against college level talent, not pro.  to compare him to jae is being very very kind

He and jae are very different players. It’s a lazy comparison.

*not from you - from the article posted recently.