2025 Bracketology by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 12:57:10 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Lennys Tap
[June 02, 2024, 09:43:52 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Skatastrophy
[June 02, 2024, 08:27:35 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 02, 2024, 09:27:42 AM]

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by MUbiz
[June 01, 2024, 11:08:53 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NCAA Dance Thread  (Read 105775 times)

StillAWarrior

• All American
Re: NCAA Dance Thread
« Reply #350 on: March 16, 2022, 10:28:54 AM »
I am sooo glad that charlatan is gone. He’ll probably end up as a televangelist on some minor midnight-5am tv network.

Long lost cousin Buzz Gemstone?
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #351 on: March 16, 2022, 10:30:12 AM »
Every single year, 2-3 teams have just as good of an argument as to why they should have gotten in - someone has to get cut.

Dear TeamCoachBuzz- Your non-conference strength of schedule was laughable, and you were 9-9 in conference.  Get over it.  Rather than doing this "research", spend your time putting together future schedules that make the committee's job easier.

Which is why Buzz' behavior is embarrassing. A&M was the fourth team out.

They were nowhere close to the field without an automatic berth. And when they had that opportunity they were easily outplayed.

Self reflection, coach.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #352 on: March 16, 2022, 10:32:17 AM »
Buzz's water bottle is being tipped over and some sand is falling out.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #353 on: March 16, 2022, 10:33:47 AM »
I'm assuming this brilliant 9 page report was written in Buzz's new panic room.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #354 on: March 16, 2022, 10:37:08 AM »
He is such an egomaniac. It’s always been about him first.

He’s shown his true colors twice with Marquette and VT and yet here we are again with the “Oh, poor Buzz”

The further away he gets from his Marquette tenure, the more I dislike him.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 10:42:35 AM by ChitownSpaceForRent »

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #355 on: March 16, 2022, 10:49:23 AM »
He is such an egomaniac. It’s always been about him first.

He’s shown his true colors twice with Marquette and VT and yet here we are again with the “Oh, poor Buzz”

The further away he gets from his Marquette tenure, the more I dislike him.

Most D-1 coaches have a big ego. Comes with the territory.

What makes Buzz unique among his peers is his paranoia. It is bad. Someone or thing is always out to get him. I have no doubt he wrote that 9 page manifesto about missing the tournament. Not a healthy mindset to have.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #356 on: March 16, 2022, 10:55:25 AM »
Every single year, 2-3 teams have just as good of an argument as to why they should have gotten in - someone has to get cut.

Dear TeamCoachBuzz- Your non-conference strength of schedule was laughable, and you were 9-9 in conference.  Get over it.  Rather than doing this "research", spend your time putting together future schedules that make the committee's job easier.
Dear Skip. Bid are determined by body of work. Their overall strength of schedule is better than teams like USC, Notre Dame, Miami, San Francisco, San Diego St.  That being said. I think he is looking for transparency.

I need a shower now.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #357 on: March 16, 2022, 11:02:13 AM »
Dear Skip. Bid are determined by body of work. Their overall strength of schedule is better than teams like USC, Notre Dame, Miami, San Francisco, San Diego St.  That being said. I think he is looking for transparency attention.

I need a shower now.

FIFY

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #358 on: March 16, 2022, 11:02:43 AM »
While I have no doubt Buzz feels legitimately aggrieved, I also have no doubt that he's "working the refs." He's hoping to get a call in the future.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #359 on: March 16, 2022, 11:31:51 AM »
FIFY
Thank you! Always be recruiting. Whether it be for players or a new job.

Skip Intro

• Team Captain
« Reply #360 on: March 16, 2022, 12:15:54 PM »
Dear Skip. Bid are determined by body of work. Their overall strength of schedule is better than teams like USC, Notre Dame, Miami, San Francisco, San Diego St.  That being said. I think he is looking for transparency.

The thing about Buzz, though, is that he'd only accept transparency if it gave him his preferred outcome.  They could use NET rankings exclusively to determine at-large bids, and if A&M happened to land just outside the field one year, he'd issue a PowerPoint on how NET is flawed. 

I'm not saying he doesn't have an argument, but multiple schools have the same argument every year.  A "selection" system will never be perfect, and that's part of the fun. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #361 on: March 16, 2022, 12:21:46 PM »
I would love a psych evaluation on Buzz. I’ve always felt he was on the spectrum to some degree, and almost surely has clinically diagnosable OCD.

This is in no defense of Buzz, but I’ve never thought he was a charlatan or a fraud, cause I think he genuinely believes in his stuff, but that always takes a backseat to self enrichment and CYA and the way he knows how to do that is burning bridges to justify his decision.

I had a coworker/manager who was poached from a rival agency. He recently got promoted there and used it as a springboard to a higher level at my agency.  Within year he needled management into giving his team more resources, creating a new group within his division cause he saw long term potential for growth.  He also brought on 2 of his former direct reports from the other agency to work under him on the new team.  Less than 3 months after his new group was formed and his team expanded, he bolted to yet another agency to start a new group there, leaving everyone high and dry and my agency with this new resource allocated group with no leadership or direction.

But during his time he was a great manager, advocated for his direct reports and got them raises and promotions, was really an enjoyable coworker and asset to the company. But top of mind was clearly always looking out for number 1 and elevating himself, regardless of what he was saying.

He didn’t trash us on the way out to my knowledge but different strokes for different folks

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #362 on: March 16, 2022, 12:22:03 PM »
If Buzz wants to research why his team missed the tourney, maybe he should look at the non-conference schedule he created. Hell, the non-con schedules he has created for EVERY SINGLE YEAR since leaving Marquette. Here are how many buy games his teams have played since he left:

2015 Virginia Tech: 9
2016 Virginia Tech: 8
2017 Virginia Tech: 7
2018 Virginia Tech: 8
2019 Virginia Tech: 7
2020 Texas A&M: 5*
2021 Texas A&M: 5**
2022 Texas A&M: 8 (including one D2 game)

*2020: Buzz came into a schedule that had 3 MTE games, 2 home-and-home paybacks, 1 prescheduled neutral court game, and 1 SEC/B12 Challenge game. So he had 7 prescheduled games and control over the remaining non-con games. TAMU played 12 non-con games, all 5 that Buzz controlled were buy games.

**2021: TAMU only played 6 non-con games, so 5/6 is still a high number.

Seriously, he just needs to shut up. If you want to be a tourney team, try scheduling like a tourney team. And I say that as someone that got sucked in by TAMU's run and had them in my final field. If you seriously want to earn a NCAA bid, maybe try doing something of value more than 2 days before Selection Sunday, because until they beat Auburn and Arkansas in the SEC Tournament, no one had them sniffing an at-large.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #363 on: March 16, 2022, 12:29:44 PM »
I'm assuming this brilliant 9 page report was written in Buzz's new panic room.

And while he was supposed to be preparing for a game, no less.
Have some patience, FFS.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #364 on: March 16, 2022, 12:37:07 PM »
LJ Cryer downgraded to OUT this whole weekend for Baylor.

I know Marquette won't look ahead, but Baylor now down to 6 rotational players.

Cryer is their leading scorer and their starting center JTT is out for the year as well.  Big development in the East Region.

A window has cracked open for Marquette or UNC.  Hopefully Marquette gets to Saturday.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 12:39:56 PM by GoldenEagles03 »
VIOLENCE!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #365 on: March 16, 2022, 12:40:53 PM »
And while he was supposed to be preparing for a game, no less.

What's funny is on every Buzz interview during the SECT, he was playing up his "aw shucks persona" about not even looking at where TAMU was on the NCAA bubble, that he has one guy on his staff tracking but wasn't concerned. Then, the next day after he gets bounced, the Buzzer pens a nine page opus on the injustice of getting bounced.

Up the bi-polar dosage.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #366 on: March 16, 2022, 12:43:56 PM »

I know Marquette won't look ahead, but Baylor now down to 6 rotational players.

Cryer is their leading scorer and their starting center JTT is out for the year as well.  Big development in the East Region.

A window has cracked open for Marquette or UNC.  Hopefully Marquette gets to Saturday.

Window is cracked, though I will note that since JTT's injury, Baylor has wins over tourney teams TCU, Texas, Iowa State, and 1-seed Kansas. So it's not like they'll be helpless even without those two.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #367 on: March 16, 2022, 12:46:47 PM »

Cryer has only played in ONE game since 1/25.  A loss @ TTU on 2/16.   They went 8-3 in the other 11 games with wins against Kansa, 2x Texas, TCU, @ OK St, and Iowas St.    They've gotten used to playing without him.

Tchatchoua hasn't played since 2/12, and Baylor has wins against TCU, @OK St, Kansa, @ Texas, and Iowa St. without him.

This isn't a new development, or some sudden crack.  As I mentioned a couple days ago, they are plenty dangerous (but a little young/thin) without those two.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #368 on: March 16, 2022, 01:02:49 PM »
Cryer has only played in ONE game since 1/25.  A loss @ TTU on 2/16.   They went 8-3 in the other 11 games with wins against Kansa, 2x Texas, TCU, @ OK St, and Iowas St.    They've gotten used to playing without him.

Tchatchoua hasn't played since 2/12, and Baylor has wins against TCU, @OK St, Kansa, @ Texas, and Iowa St. without him.

This isn't a new development, or some sudden crack.  As I mentioned a couple days ago, they are plenty dangerous (but a little young/thin) without those two.

Still, with 1 days rest and a 6 man rotation it'll be taxing for them.  They have 1 post player.
VIOLENCE!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #369 on: March 16, 2022, 01:12:35 PM »
What's funny is on every Buzz interview during the SECT, he was playing up his "aw shucks persona" about not even looking at where TAMU was on the NCAA bubble, that he has one guy on his staff tracking but wasn't concerned. Then, the next day after he gets bounced, the Buzzer pens a nine page opus on the injustice of getting bounced.

Up the bi-polar dosage.

What you're saying is he needs more of the red pill?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #370 on: March 16, 2022, 01:38:45 PM »
I found this nice tourney guide:

Matt Eisenberg
@matteise
The wait is over, it is now #tournamentguide time! Here is my 2022 NCAA Tournament Guide. Enjoy the madness.
http://bit.ly/2022tournamentguide
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

MU82

• All American
« Reply #371 on: March 16, 2022, 03:28:54 PM »
Amen, brother Pakuni. Amen.

Of course they did. They worked hard all year hoping to win their conference and make it to the tournament. Why wouldn't they look happy when they realize that goal? It's a shame that A&M-CC didn't get the same chance.

And that's yet another reason why the "first four" should include the last eight bubble teams and not the small conference champions.

For the record, I am not opposed to what you're saying. Either way would be fine with me.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Viper

• All American
« Reply #372 on: March 16, 2022, 04:27:32 PM »
That's some weird logic. Guy dumps you, craps on the program and conference, does the same at another school and you still want him to do well instead of a conference team that'd actually bring some (marginal) respect to the conference by winning that tournament?
I got over the dumping. The crapping went both ways.  I like the guy. He’s a character. Weird. Odd. Bizarre. Arrogant… all of that.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #373 on: March 16, 2022, 04:45:40 PM »
I never feel sorry at all for a team that ends up on the wrong side of the bubble.

You want to be on the right side of the bubble on Selection Sunday? Win another game or two! You had the power to control your own fate, pal, and you blew it. So stop yer whinin'!

As for Buzz in particular ... I haven't rooted for him since he left Marquette. And I say that as a guy who very much enjoyed watching MU play when he was our coach.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #374 on: March 16, 2022, 04:47:57 PM »
Dumb question (maybe).  Why does the NIT not list seeds for the 5-8 teams?
https://www.ncaa.com/_flysystem/public-s3/files/2022%20NIT%20Printable%20Bracket.jpg
They probably thought you were smart enough to know 4 plays 5, 3 plays 6, 2 plays 7 and 1 plays 8.