[Today at 03:17:33 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2022 Transfer Portal Thread  (Read 219639 times)

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Re: 2022 Transfer Portal Thread
« Reply #1125 on: April 18, 2022, 07:45:07 PM »
I can’t think of one good reason to give Garcia a waiver. I apologize if this comes off as being insensitive as it’s not my intent but the great majority of people lose their grandparents at some point between their teenage years and their mid twenties. I’ll just call it like it is… he likely left because his role was diminishing at UNC. If there are still persistent family issues, then the NCAA should do him a favor and make him sit so he can spend more time with them. If Garcia is allowed to play, then you might as well just get rid of the waiver rule.

I think he left because he wanted to go back home and figured leaving mid season gave him best chance to get a waiver. He may have had some family stuff going on, but this was always the plan.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1126 on: April 18, 2022, 08:19:03 PM »

His plan did not go over well with his NC teammate’s apparently

https://youtu.be/3jkwtOJIqS8

I think he left because he wanted to go back home and figured leaving mid season gave him best chance to get a waiver. He may have had some family stuff going on, but this was always the plan.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1127 on: April 18, 2022, 09:01:39 PM »
I'd have no problem getting rid of the waiver rule.

Beyond that, I hope that Dawson's family will get no more bad news, and I wish him success at Minnesota.

I also hope the hole in your heart heals quickly.

Joey bad, Dawson good. Even though Dawson has bailed on two schools, one midway through the season after getting paid. Hmmm….

Couldn’t come up within an immature nickname for Dawson?
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1128 on: April 18, 2022, 09:02:29 PM »
Joey bad, Dawson good. Even though Dawson has bailed on two schools, one midway through the season after getting paid. Hmmm….

Billy is risen! An Easter miracle!
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1129 on: April 18, 2022, 09:50:20 PM »

100% correct. The best thing that can be said about Garcia is that he made 2 programs much better - by leaving. UNC was a one and done NIT team with him, a national runner up without him. He saw the handwriting on the wall and left. Of course I feel bad for him because his Grandpa died but he didn’t leave until it was clear he was becoming an afterthought for UNC.

He every bit as “soft serve” as Joey, but Mike will never call him out. His vendetta only is directed at one flavor.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1130 on: April 18, 2022, 10:00:29 PM »
Why would anyone here direct any invective toward DG? I've been assured that Shaka didn't want him anyway.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1131 on: April 18, 2022, 10:04:26 PM »
Why would anyone here direct any invective toward DG? I've been assured that Shaka didn't want him anyway.

By whom?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1132 on: April 18, 2022, 10:14:10 PM »
By whom?

I'm not going to call out individual posters, some of whom I actually respect. You're welcome to use the search function.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1133 on: April 18, 2022, 10:20:50 PM »

100% correct. The best thing that can be said about Garcia is that he made 2 programs much better - by leaving. UNC was a one and done NIT team with him, a national runner up without him. He saw the handwriting on the wall and left. Of course I feel bad for him because his Grandpa died but he didn’t leave until it was clear he was becoming an afterthought for UNC.

He every bit as “soft serve” as Joey, but Mike will never call him out. His vendetta only is directed at one flavor.

Dawson Garcia did not actively work to undermine a potentially outstanding Marquette season.

But if you boys want to think he’s “bad” and that poor, misunderstood Vanilla Soft Serve was an innocent victim of The Cancer and The Worst Coach Ever, that’s your right.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1134 on: April 19, 2022, 03:31:38 AM »
Well then, I'm exercising my right, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1135 on: April 19, 2022, 05:19:34 AM »
BTW, Nads why are you able to go untouched referring to Joey Hauser in such a racist manner, hey?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 05:36:30 AM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1136 on: April 19, 2022, 05:21:36 AM »
Yes
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #1137 on: April 19, 2022, 06:49:20 AM »
His plan did not go over well with his NC teammate’s apparently

https://youtu.be/3jkwtOJIqS8

I was going to post that clip if you didn’t.  His teammates don’t seem the least bit concerned about him or the fact that he’d left. 

Here’s a question:  Does UNC make the run they did in the tournament with Garcia on the team?  I don’t think so.  Now if that ain’t actively undermining a potentially great season, I don’t know what is.

Garcia was a typical Wojo guy.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1138 on: April 19, 2022, 07:09:53 AM »
I was going to post that clip if you didn’t.  His teammates don’t seem the least bit concerned about him or the fact that he’d left. 

Here’s a question:  Does UNC make the run they did in the tournament with Garcia on the team?  I don’t think so.  Now if that ain’t actively undermining a potentially great season, I don’t know what is.

Garcia was a typical Wojo guy.

What’s a typical Wojo guy?  Was Sacar Anim a typical Wojo guy?  Andrew Rowsey?  Matt Heldt?  Joey Hauser?  Theo John?  Markus Howard?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1139 on: April 19, 2022, 07:11:50 AM »
One constant with regards to the transfer portal:

The guys you bring in aren’t problems or quitters but the guys that leave usually get that tag. 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #1140 on: April 19, 2022, 07:48:26 AM »

I have no idea what type of person Garcia is and would not speculate on that. His departure from the program was a non-event in my life because I felt Shaka can run the program, with or without Garcia. I have been disappointed when guys have left the program but never a felt a need to attack them. I have found your need to belittle Joey for a couple of years to be strange behavior and your nickname for him I thought was childish. Actually, it was so childish that it did not pick up steam with other anti Joey guys and that was telling to me.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1141 on: April 19, 2022, 08:12:32 AM »

I have no idea what type of person Garcia is and would not speculate on that. His departure from the program was a non-event in my life because I felt Shaka can run the program, with or without Garcia. I have been disappointed when guys have left the program but never a felt a need to attack them. I have found your need to belittle Joey for a couple of years to be strange behavior and your nickname for him I thought was childish. Actually, it was so childish that it did not pick up steam with other anti Joey guys and that was telling to me.

The difference is that Joey actively worked against the team before he left.

I have no problem with guys leaving over a personal reason or even just because they assume the grass is greener somewhere else. In fact, I support those decisions.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1142 on: April 19, 2022, 08:15:33 AM »
BTW, Nads why are you able to go untouched referring to Joey Hauser in such a racist manner, hey?

The left fiscally moderate/social liberal ( ::) ::) ::)) can't be racist, because they aren't racist.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #1143 on: April 19, 2022, 08:24:57 AM »
You got to love white guys who call out other white guys for being racist to other white guys.  Moderate, Liberal or Conservative every one in this argument comes off as a Jack ass. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1144 on: April 19, 2022, 08:53:06 AM »
The left fiscally moderate/social liberal ( ::) ::) ::)) can't be racist, because they aren't racist.

I hate old, white people, so I am very racist

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1145 on: April 19, 2022, 08:57:31 AM »
I hate old, white people, so I am very racist

What have I ever done to you, bro? I really try to hide my whiteness!

The Equalizer

• All American

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1147 on: April 19, 2022, 09:04:54 AM »
I have no idea what type of person Garcia is and would not speculate on that. His departure from the program was a non-event in my life because I felt Shaka can run the program, with or without Garcia. I have been disappointed when guys have left the program but never a felt a need to attack them. I have found your need to belittle Joey for a couple of years to be strange behavior and your nickname for him I thought was childish.

Although I disagree with those who choose to dump on Dawson Garcia after members of his family died and got seriously ill (that's not you, Goose), I defend their right to do so in this forum.

I view Vanilla Soft Serve with the same "love" that I view his one-time tormentor, Floppy McNutpuncher. Except one could argue that VSS did more damage to the Marquette program.

We all can be childish sometimes. Probably even you.

His teammates don’t seem the least bit concerned about him or the fact that he’d left. 

How "concerned" did the remaining MU players act after VSS and his brother left?

You got to love white guys who call out other white guys for being racist to other white guys.

Nuttin' wurse den wite-on-wite cryme, oona?

Meanwhile, back in the transfer portal ...
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1148 on: April 19, 2022, 09:31:04 AM »
Need a whole lot more info and context about that 23% stat.

A bit more info, and clearing up the information I had...Chase Ross shot 37.5% from three in EYBL play. So when playing with and against the best, his shooting was significantly better.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #1149 on: April 19, 2022, 12:50:19 PM »
"Nevada transfer Warren Washington tells me that he has committed to Arizona State."

-Rothstein

He cancelled his visits with Marquette, Notre Dame, and Texas A&M.
VIOLENCE!