[Today at 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Explosions in Kiev  (Read 50411 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Explosions in Kiev
« Reply #800 on: March 27, 2022, 09:26:59 AM »
I don't know why its impossible to say Biden did something stupid without having to state that Trump was a moron and did other impossibly stupid things.  Its an incredibly weak defense of Biden.  Both can be inept

This. Every time Biden goes off script he steps in it. In the last few days he’s said we’ll take 100,000 more Ukrainian refugees, would respond to a Russian chemical attack “in kind”, told our troops in Poland that they were going to Ukraine and called for the overthrow of the Russian government. What does “but, but, Trump…” have to do with the fact that every time Joe Biden is allowed by his handlers to speak unscripted he says things that are stupid, false, dangerous or all of the above?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #801 on: March 27, 2022, 09:28:30 AM »
This. Every time Biden goes off script he steps in it. In the last few days he’s said we’ll take 100,000 more Ukrainian refugees, would respond to a Russian chemical attack “in kind”, told our troops in Poland that they were going to Ukraine and called for the overthrow of the Russian government. What does “but, but, Trump…” have to do with the fact that every time Joe Biden is allowed by his handlers to speak unscripted he says things that are stupid, false, dangerous or all of the above?

Put all boomer politicians to bed, aina?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #802 on: March 27, 2022, 09:29:15 AM »

The invasion of the Ukraine only happened because of Biden's extreme weakness. The world, including China, has seen and made note of his mishandling of Afghanistan, the Mexican border, and the Middle East. The U.S., not only isn't feared by our enemies, but is perceived as weak and vulnerable.
Buffoon and Buffoon2 make for great comedy. Unfortunately, the joke is on the American people, aina?

Your god would have just called Putin brilliant and strong, and handed him anything he wanted. But at least you are very good at parroting Tucker and Hannity.

I hope you and your fellow buffon are better at pulling teeth, nu?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

🏀

• All American
« Reply #803 on: March 27, 2022, 09:31:54 AM »

The invasion of the Ukraine only happened because of Biden's extreme weakness. The world, including China, has seen and made note of his mishandling of Afghanistan, the Mexican border, and the Middle East. The U.S., not only isn't feared by our enemies, but is perceived as weak and vulnerable.
Buffoon and Buffoon2 make for great comedy. Unfortunately, the joke is on the American people, aina?

Turn off the Newsmax.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #804 on: March 27, 2022, 09:33:50 AM »

We should take in hundreds of thousands more refugees. It would be a boon for our country!
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Goose

• All American
« Reply #805 on: March 27, 2022, 09:40:21 AM »
Wags and Lenny

I agree 100%. I have no idea why every defense of Biden has to include a Trump bashing. The world is in a serious situation and words have to be weighed before being spoken and it appears that Biden struggled with this concept. Honestly, my biggest concern about Biden is if he is up to task if things progress beyond words.

It is funny because I keep reading posts with Trump and Fox News mentions and think that proves their point. Whenever there are major world issues I only watch CNN because I believe they have the most boots on the ground and best crisis coverage. Biden’s comments were questioned multiple times, by multiple people, on CNN yesterday.

• All American
« Reply #806 on: March 27, 2022, 09:47:24 AM »
Wags and Lenny

I agree 100%. I have no idea why every defense of Biden has to include a Trump bashing. The world is in a serious situation and words have to be weighed before being spoken and it appears that Biden struggled with this concept. Honestly, my biggest concern about Biden is if he is up to task if things progress beyond words.

It is funny because I keep reading posts with Trump and Fox News mentions and think that proves their point. Whenever there are major world issues I only watch CNN because I believe they have the most boots on the ground and best crisis coverage. Biden’s comments were questioned multiple times, by multiple people, on CNN yesterday.

Biden has proved extremely capable so far in this crisis. Perfect?  Nope. His comments yesterday are an example of that. But you don’t have to look too far to see how he has succeeded. Too bad you are blind to that.

Perhaps you should stick to hoops like you tell others to do.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #807 on: March 27, 2022, 09:48:28 AM »

We should take in hundreds of thousands more refugees. It would be a boon for our country!

In your opinion. But the remark nonetheless made Biden’s handlers cringe. How do you feel about his other three statements - sending troops to Ukraine, responding to the use of chemical weapons “in kind” and support for the overthrow of the Russian government? The first two statements are patently false and give Putin propaganda free of charge. The third is what we all wish for but should have never been said by an American president - and also give Putin free propaganda to rally the Russians against the West.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #808 on: March 27, 2022, 09:52:56 AM »
For the record,  I agree Trump shouldn't be brought up when discussing the performance of Biden. It is whaaboutism plain and simple.

But I have to admit that watching people who constantly started posts with "But Hillary..." from 2016 to 2020, or at least stayed silent when others did, complain about whataboutism makes me chuckle.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 09:54:31 AM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

• All American
« Reply #809 on: March 27, 2022, 09:55:19 AM »
In your opinion. But the remark nonetheless made Biden’s handlers cringe. How do you feel about his other three statements - sending troops to Ukraine, responding to the use of chemical weapons “in kind” and support for the overthrow of the Russian government? The first two statements are patently false and give Putin propaganda free of charge. The third is what we all wish for but should have never been said by an American president - and also give Putin free propaganda to rally the Russians against the West.

As I said he hasn’t been perfect. But he’s been very good. Six weeks ago no one believed that the West would be as united as it has been. Biden deserves a lot of credit for that.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #810 on: March 27, 2022, 09:58:30 AM »
I don't know why its impossible to say Biden did something stupid without having to state that Trump was a moron and did other impossibly stupid things.  Its an incredibly weak defense of Biden.  Both can be inept
I don't think it was stupid by Biden at all. But, I am probably more hawkish on this than most here. IMO, zero negative effect for Biden saying exactly what everyone is thinking and what is undoubtably true. YMMV.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #811 on: March 27, 2022, 09:59:32 AM »
fluff

I have supported every President, regardless of party, my entire life. I have always believed that is what you do as an American citizen and that will never change. Ironically, Trump was possibly the President I questioned more than any President in my lifetime. There is nothing I like more than supporting any politician for a job well done.

As for your advice to sticking to ball, I figure that since we have a lot of experts on here in wide range of topics that maybe I could learn something joining these posts.

TAMU
I agree on the Hilary comments and that was as foolish as the Trump comments, IMO.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #812 on: March 27, 2022, 10:01:46 AM »
Biden is far from perfect, as Lenny has said well.

I do like that Biden and the USA as a whole has largely taken a backseat to the larger NATO narrative. NATO should be front and center, not the USA. Poland taking a bit of a lead is perfect, we don’t need to rush in a throw our dick on the table like has happened the previous 30+ years.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #813 on: March 27, 2022, 10:02:41 AM »
Biden has proved extremely capable so far in this crisis. Perfect?  Nope. His comments yesterday are an example of that. But you don’t have to look too far to see how he has succeeded. Too bad you are blind to that.

Perhaps you should stick to hoops like you tell others to do.

Extremely capable or extremely lucky? I think Biden and our allies thought this would be a walkover for the Russians. I think they were as shocked by the courage and capabilities of the Ukrainian people/forces/leadership as the Russians were. Once given this surprising piece of good luck, I think the administration has managed things pretty well - but I think the support we’ve provided Ukraine was a relatively easy, non partisan call given the success of the Ukrainian resistance.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 10:06:18 AM by Lennys Tap »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #814 on: March 27, 2022, 10:05:24 AM »
Wags and Lenny

I agree 100%. I have no idea why every defense of Biden has to include a Trump bashing.
Speaking only for myself, it is calling out the hypocrisy. The same people who oooo'ed and ahhhhed about Corporal Bonespurs fake tough guy act are now swooning on their fainting couches that Biden dared say what was true--Putin has got to go.

Were they upset when Drumpf threatened to use nuclear weapons? When he called a murderous dictator a savvy genius? When he "fell in love" with another murderous dictator? Nope, they are wetting their underwear that the current President said a war criminal has got to go. I'm sure the same Buffons would have been upset when the President of the United States called out Hitler or Staliln, so long as that President had a D after his name.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #815 on: March 27, 2022, 10:07:24 AM »
I think Biden and our allies thought this would be a walkover for the Russians.

Serious question, did the larger intelligence community have the inkling  the Russian military was a paper tiger?

Goose

• All American
« Reply #816 on: March 27, 2022, 10:12:40 AM »
TSmith

Speaking only for myself, I thought Trump said a lot of stupid things and it bothered me. Thankfully, his comments were not made at a time of an international crisis. Again, speaking for myself, my concern is not what Biden said, but how does he back up those words if push turns to shove.

In a time of crisis, which we may find ourselves in, we need a leader that makes as few mistakes as possible. First, I pray this does not escalate, and if it does, I hope the President is up to the task.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #817 on: March 27, 2022, 10:13:49 AM »
Serious question, did the larger intelligence community have the inkling  the Russian military was a paper tiger?

It wasn’t nearly as capable as we were lead to believe during the Cold War.  The threat is the nuclear capabilities which is very real
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #818 on: March 27, 2022, 10:16:02 AM »
Speaking only for myself, it is calling out the hypocrisy. The same people who oooo'ed and ahhhhed about Corporal Bonespurs fake tough guy act are now swooning on their fainting couches that Biden dared say what was true--Putin has got to go.

Were they upset when Drumpf threatened to use nuclear weapons? When he called a murderous dictator a savvy genius? When he "fell in love" with another murderous dictator? Nope, they are wetting their underwear that the current President said a war criminal has got to go. I'm sure the same Buffons would have been upset when the President of the United States called out Hitler or Staliln, so long as that President had a D after his name.

I’’m grateful you are only speaking for yourself. Speaking only for myself, there is plenty of hypocrisy and tribalism from both sides on this forum. Your role isn’t a minor one.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #819 on: March 27, 2022, 10:16:30 AM »
The threat is the nuclear capabilities which is very real

That’s what I would believe to be true too. However, I never thought the ground troops would struggle, surrender and fail to take areas of Ukraine either.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #820 on: March 27, 2022, 10:25:58 AM »

They probably overestimated the Russian army and they likely underestimated Zelensky and the Ukrainian people.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #821 on: March 27, 2022, 10:27:10 AM »
The funniest thing I think I’ve seen on Scoop is the Trumpers getting angry over liberals pulling a “yeah but.” You guys did this EVERY DAY for four years lolllllllllllll!

So hilarious.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #822 on: March 27, 2022, 10:42:31 AM »
Biden's biggest strength is his ability to unite groups when it is possible.

Biden's biggest weakness is he says what is on his mind a little too much.

He's always been this way.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #823 on: March 27, 2022, 10:43:15 AM »
TSmith

Speaking only for myself, I thought Trump said a lot of stupid things and it bothered me. Thankfully, his comments were not made at a time of an international crisis. Again, speaking for myself, my concern is not what Biden said, but how does he back up those words if push turns to shove.

In a time of crisis, which we may find ourselves in, we need a leader that makes as few mistakes as possible. First, I pray this does not escalate, and if it does, I hope the President is up to the task.

Thank god Trump never faced an international crisis like this. His comments only came during times of national crisis. And boy did he know how to divide the country he was supposed to be leading.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #824 on: March 27, 2022, 10:47:05 AM »
Ok, let's keep the focus on Ukraine - Biden's comments are fair discussion, but the rest of the political commentary isn't needed.