[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2022-2023 NFL Season  (Read 125121 times)

StillAWarrior

• All American
Re: 2022-2023 NFL Season
« Reply #600 on: August 22, 2022, 12:40:35 PM »
You don't make that trade if you're not gonna start him. Mayfield, the coach and the GM all have a lot on the line.

I don't know, what did they trade for him? Thirty-seven cents and some pocket lint?

He was pretty darn good in 2020, pretty darn bad last season. Obviously, I'm hoping for the return of the former.

He was injured for nearly the entire season last year. As I've said on here before, Carolina made a great trade. Mayfield is a solid quarterback.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #601 on: August 22, 2022, 01:04:42 PM »
I like the theory that he needed time off to have his facial fillers adjusted.  Which totally tracks.

My personal favorite is that Giselle is divorcing him because he can't stop football.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #602 on: August 22, 2022, 02:00:17 PM »
I don't know, what did they trade for him? Thirty-seven cents and some pocket lint?

Has less to do with what they gave up (probably a 4th round pick), than the fact is the third consecutive season Ruhle has gone out and acquired a new starting QB. If he goes 0-for-3 on that, he's gone.
He may be gone anyhow if they don't make the playoffs, but if Baker flops, he won't finish the season.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #603 on: August 22, 2022, 02:41:35 PM »

It wasn't what they gave up. It was that if you're going to bring in a big-personality guy like Mayfield, you can't do it thinking he'll be anything other than QB1. It's kind of like when they brought back Newton last season; they didn't do it to back up Sam Darnold.

He was injured for nearly the entire season last year. As I've said on here before, Carolina made a great trade. Mayfield is a solid quarterback.

Yessir re the injury. He had a very nice season in 2020 and that's what we're hoping to see here.

third consecutive season Ruhle has gone out and acquired a new starting QB. If he goes 0-for-3 on that, he's gone.
He may be gone anyhow if they don't make the playoffs, but if Baker flops, he won't finish the season.

You're probably right about all of this. Here's hoping Mayfield is a playoff QB again, as he was in 2020, and he gets the support he needs. The Panthers rebuilt the OL, so we'll see soon enough if that's any good, and it would sure be nice if McCaffrey could stay healthy.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #604 on: August 22, 2022, 03:22:59 PM »
82, honest question: you’ve mentioned you’ve lived in Minneapolis and Chicago out of college. Did you root for the Vikings and Bears when you lived in those cities? Who was your team growing up? I find it interesting that you took on a new team later on in life
Bring back FFP!!!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #605 on: August 22, 2022, 04:50:16 PM »
82, honest question: you’ve mentioned you’ve lived in Minneapolis and Chicago out of college. Did you root for the Vikings and Bears when you lived in those cities? Who was your team growing up? I find it interesting that you took on a new team later on in life

The Dolphins were the best team in the world when I was a kid, and that's who I pulled for. I stayed with them through the Shula/Marino pairing. No, I didn't root for the Vikings or Bears -- or any other Minneapolis or Chicago teams.

When I moved to Charlotte, I hadn't been a fan of any pro team for many, many years. So I thought, why not? They were the worst team in the NFL the year I moved here, so I sure wasn't a frontrunner like I was when I was a kid!

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #606 on: August 22, 2022, 05:21:36 PM »
The Dolphins were the best team in the world when I was a kid, and that's who I pulled for. I stayed with them through the Shula/Marino pairing. No, I didn't root for the Vikings or Bears -- or any other Minneapolis or Chicago teams.

When I moved to Charlotte, I hadn't been a fan of any pro team for many, many years. So I thought, why not? They were the worst team in the NFL the year I moved here, so I sure wasn't a frontrunner like I was when I was a kid!

This is an absolute lie.  We all know the Panther fanship is due to the affinity and respect you had for Jerry Richardson, the man, the human, and the owner.  Down to only eating at his Hardee's locations when seeking out fast food. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #607 on: August 22, 2022, 05:33:00 PM »
This is an absolute lie.  We all know the Panther fanship is due to the affinity and respect you had for Jerry Richardson, the man, the human, and the owner.  Down to only eating at his Hardee's locations when seeking out fast food.

Ya got me! Who can resist rise 'n' shine breakfast biscuits?!?!

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #608 on: August 22, 2022, 06:05:48 PM »
Ya got me! Who can resist rise 'n' shine breakfast biscuits?!?!

Especially on Jeans Day.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #609 on: August 22, 2022, 08:51:42 PM »
Yeah, he’s a sick mfer.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #611 on: August 23, 2022, 12:26:54 PM »

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #612 on: August 23, 2022, 12:32:58 PM »
I don't know if a singular moron and a street vendor hawking trash are the best representations of a fanbase.

Hope that’s how people feel about scoopers
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #613 on: August 23, 2022, 01:24:51 PM »
I don't know if a singular moron and a street vendor hawking trash are the best representations of a fanbase.

Yeah, I'm sure it's just two people.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #614 on: August 23, 2022, 01:31:40 PM »
Hope that’s how people feel about scoopers

I think there is a consensus as to who the moron is. Not sure about the street vendor.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #615 on: August 23, 2022, 01:44:12 PM »
Yeah, I'm sure it's just two people.

There is a difference between "I'll deal with it if it wins us football games" and "I'll actively applaud and/or mock his alleged crimes".  If you think a large chunk of the fanbase is like "LOL sexual assault, f these women" thats a pretty cynical view of humanity.  Ive yet to speak to a Browns fan, and I know a lot, that totally fine with the entire circus.  There are large groups of morons in every fanbase, but thats like saying "insert NFL fanbase" doesn't deserve nice things cause some of their fans posted negatively online about players kneeling.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #616 on: August 23, 2022, 02:04:24 PM »
There is a difference between "I'll deal with it if it wins us football games" and "I'll actively applaud and/or mock his alleged crimes".  If you think a large chunk of the fanbase is like "LOL sexual assault, f these women" thats a pretty cynical view of humanity.  Ive yet to speak to a Browns fan, and I know a lot, that totally fine with the entire circus.  There are large groups of morons in every fanbase, but thats like saying "insert NFL fanbase" doesn't deserve nice things cause some of their fans posted negatively online about players kneeling.

That's a lot of straw men in one paragraph, Wags.
No doubt the many fine people who support the Cleveland Browns appreciate you rushing in to defend them against gentle mocking on the internet.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #617 on: August 23, 2022, 03:07:41 PM »
That's a lot of straw men in one paragraph, Wags.
No doubt the many fine people who support the Cleveland Browns appreciate you rushing in to defend them against gentle mocking on the internet.

Im not rushing in to defend them any more than I would any other base that got the treatment.  I may have mistook your gentle mocking for disgust, but there has been plenty of high and mighty behavior and disgust towards the Browns fanbase over the last month or two as if all Browns fans should be burning their jerseys and turning in season tickets cause of the situation, and its dumb.  Broad brushing fanbases is stupid, unless its UW.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #618 on: August 23, 2022, 03:47:22 PM »
Buddy of mine sent me this today, made me laugh

TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #619 on: August 23, 2022, 04:31:01 PM »
Buddy of mine sent me this today, made me laugh

Hilarious except Nicole was a Cali girl he met in Beverly Hills when his career in Buffalo was over.  Womp Womp.

Though the Falcons had the 2nd pick that year, so maybe he would have set roots in Atlanta instead of escaping Buffalo for LA whenever possible, thus mitigating the situation  ;D

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #620 on: August 25, 2022, 01:09:39 PM »
Dish's NFL Year Long Gambling Picks That You Didn't Ask For

Excited for what I feel could be a very wide open year in the NFL. We did decently on these last year, so here's some debatable content.

My favorite bet is Eagles to win the NFC East, +160 on DK.

I liked this even before Tyron Smith's injury last night. A lot of this is dependent on Jalen Hurts continued development. I like what the Eagles did this offseason, and the rest of the division doesn't scare me. Most importantly, they may have the easiest schedule in the league.

While we're on the Eagles, Eagles to win the NFC is +1100 on DK. Just sayin.

Offensive ROY - Isaiah Likely +6000 on DK

Likely is arguably WR2 on Baltimore, and if Mark Andrews misses any time at all, he'll take over TE1 snaps. Pardon the unintended pun, but I like this pick based on the volume Likely will probably get, and the odds at +6000. Doubs/Pickens are both now in the +1000ish range, and any value on either is long gone. I do think there is potential for Malik Wills and at +5000, could be worth a lotto ticket.

Comeback Player of The Year - Travis Etienne +2500 on DK

I think Etienne will have a really solid debut with Doug Pederson at the helm. With James Robinson still kinda iffy, Etienne should be the workhorse in Jax. I didn't look it up, but always feels like this goes to a player coming off a major injury.

Fewest Wins - Seattle +700 on DK

I'm going to riff on the state of the Bears for a second. I have a friend in the national media who is now covering the Bears, and I spoke to this person recently, and the take from this person was this: "Different feel altogether this preseason. They're not going to be good, but they're not going to be all time horrible like many nationally are predicting. There's a level of competence here that was sorely lacking under Nagy. Special teams is solid so far, defense better than I expected. If the offensive line can protect, they'll sneak up on some people, especially the Niners in Week 1. Probably finish last in the North (Lions continue to improve), but this doesn't look nor feel like a horrible team to me."

Wait to see on the above, if the Bears offensive line is as bad as it seems it's going to be, I don't know how they stay competitive, this obviously isn't a team built to come from behind.

Highest Scoring Team - Vikings +2000

This number feels too high for a new regime, with perhaps the best WR in football, and a top 10 RB. Cousins play of course is the question mark. The schedule isn't too shabby either.

Dallas Cowboys To Miss The Playoffs +175

Each year, there feels like a snake bitten team. Last year it was the Ravens (who missed the playoffs). I'm going to go with Dallas this year. Going into preseason, their offensive line (usually their strength), had question marks, and now the Smith injury makes those question marks stronger. I'm also betting on some negative regression on all the defensive turnover TD's Dallas produced last year.

Baker Mayfield Under 3700.5 passing yards -110

I just don't see anything good coming from this Panthers team this year. I fully expect Sam Darnold to eventually get some starts, which would only help this one. Baker's passing yards by year in his first four years: 3,725, 3,827, 3,563, 3,010.

Pakuni

• All American

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #622 on: August 25, 2022, 07:20:16 PM »
Peddle #10's ass, aina?

#freeziggy2022v2or3
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #623 on: August 26, 2022, 09:40:34 AM »
Shout to Aaron Donald for restraining himself to just swinging helmets at guys instead of trying to choke them.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #624 on: August 26, 2022, 11:14:56 AM »
Or shoot 'em, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"