collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine Misinformation  (Read 53461 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Vaccine Misinformation
« Reply #800 on: February 28, 2023, 12:41:59 PM »
True - some people are dumb enough to believe when told their chances are “one in a million” that they really have a chance. Or that being very, very, very sure is the same as having an open mind. Crazy.

You don't think people with an open mind can be "very, very, very sure" of something?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #801 on: February 28, 2023, 01:02:27 PM »
True - some people are dumb enough to believe when told their chances are “one in a million” that they really have a chance. Or that being very, very, very sure is the same as having an open mind. Crazy.

I’d be surprised = unlikely, but possible

I’d be very surprised = LOL

I’d be very, very surprised = no f’n way

I’d be very, very, very, surprised = what are you, nuts

Just to be clear, Fauci didn't say "he'd be very, very surprised." He said the scientific evidence was "very, very strongly leaning toward" a particular conclusion.
And, more importantly, the conclusion wasn't about whether or not there was a lab leak. It was about whether or not the virus evolved naturally, as opposed to something man-made.
Accuracy matters, right?

Also, could you answer my question for you above? I 'd hate to get the impression that you're dodging it.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 01:56:34 PM by Pakuni »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #802 on: February 28, 2023, 03:58:47 PM »
Just to be clear, Fauci didn't say "he'd be very, very surprised." He said the scientific evidence was "very, very strongly leaning toward" a particular conclusion.
And, more importantly, the conclusion wasn't about whether or not there was a lab leak. It was about whether or not the virus evolved naturally, as opposed to something man-made.
Accuracy matters, right?

Also, could you answer my question for you above? I 'd hate to get the impression that you're dodging it.

No, he/she said “very, very strongly leaning toward this could not have been artificially or deliberately manipulated… Eveything about …strongly indicates… jumped species ”

Was very careful to say the science says no way was this a lab deal
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #803 on: February 28, 2023, 04:03:18 PM »
Lenny ... could you please explain why the DOE's "low confidence" finding is more credible than the findings of four other federal agencies which reached a different conclusion?

It’s the most recent so I’m assuming it’s based on the most recent information.

Though I will concede China is making it hard to get information. Which also leads me to believe the lab leak is more likely than the wet market theory.

Now that I’ve answered your question, I have a couple for you.

If the two leading theories are that the origin of a virus that killed 1,000,000 Americans occurred in a lab to which he has connections or from some unknown animal which do you think Dr Fauci might be most likely to favor?

When he (now) says “We may never know” is that what he’s hoping for?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 04:37:05 PM by Lennys Tap »

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #804 on: February 28, 2023, 08:55:46 PM »
Arguing with idiots is pointless

you really are full of yourself ain't ya
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #805 on: February 28, 2023, 08:57:33 PM »

From your link:

"If you look at the evolution of the virus in bats and what's out there now, [the scientific evidence] is very, very strongly leaning toward this could not have been artificially or deliberately manipulated … Everything about the stepwise evolution over time strongly indicates that [this virus] evolved in nature and then jumped species,"

Very, very, very strongly leaning is not an outright dismisal.

disingenuous and slippery,,,he's supposed to be THE EXPERT.  if the guy isn't on your team you'd be laughing at him

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #806 on: February 28, 2023, 09:07:41 PM »
  disingenuous and slippery,,,he's supposed to be THE EXPERT.  if the guy isn't on your team you'd be laughing at him
He’s on your team too you moron.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #807 on: February 28, 2023, 11:01:55 PM »
He’s on your team too you moron.
not from his perspective

• All American
« Reply #808 on: March 01, 2023, 04:39:52 AM »

I don’t have a team. And I like experts to have open minds and who are willing to change their opinion based on additional evidence. That’s what smart people do.

No surprise you don’t like him.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #809 on: March 01, 2023, 05:16:28 AM »
Fr. Fauci is an evil little man who's s fraud and a phony, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #810 on: March 01, 2023, 05:20:34 AM »
I don’t have a team. And I like experts to have open minds and who are willing to change their opinion based on additional evidence. That’s what smart people do.

No surprise you don’t like him.

sully-open mind??  don't make me laugh man!  you are probably one of the most opinionated, close minded dudes here.  so, join the club open minded smart guy

so because i don't like fauci makes me dumb?  your mind is only open to the "experts" you believe.  history will show fauci to be one of the most corrupt "experts" we have ever seen.  he authorized gain of function not directly but thru a non-profit called ecohealth alliance.  we knew this virus came from wuhan lab back in 2019, but your hero continued to try to throw cover for them.  he more or less rode the tide of the media slowly exposing the obvious if you watch is ever evolving admissions, EXCEPT for using tax payer money for gain of function studies.

we knew back in 2019, a few lab workers from wuhan insitute of VIROLOGY were admitted to a hospital with covid symptoms.  oh, but china said covid might have come from U.S. soldiers?  then from pangolins, then from wet markets?  oh, but don't look into wuhan, which studies BAT VIRUSES because china said so? 

watch the sequences of fauci's interviews and press conferences and have an open mind buddy

also interesting-i'm all for people making as much money as possible-legally.  pretty interesting how this "public service" worker more than doubled his net worth from $5 mil to over $12.6 mil...might as well have his own "foundation" eyn'a?

• All American
« Reply #811 on: March 01, 2023, 05:44:34 AM »
How is Marquette’s dental school still accredited?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #812 on: March 01, 2023, 07:17:36 AM »
Fr. Fauci is an evil little man who's s fraud and a phony, hey?

You're the guy who kept saying the vaccine was good and everyone should get it then flip flopped, right?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #813 on: March 01, 2023, 08:04:55 AM »
  we knew this virus came from wuhan lab back in 2019

Lol. We and Know are doing some heavy lifting here. This is still an unknown.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #814 on: March 01, 2023, 08:25:03 AM »
   HORSE HOCKEY!!

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/anthony-fauci-wuhan-lab-coronavirus-source-dismissal/

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease expert, AGAIN DISMISSED the idea that a lab in Wuhan, China, was the original source of the coronavirus. In an interview with National Geographic published Monday, Fauci cited scientific evidence that shows the virus was not man-made.

he was trying to "hood wink" us into the bat origin thing

this guy ("expert") knew damn well what and where this thing came from.  if your fav red haired pol knew back in 2020, drop the mic, where this came from without pause, "the china virus" fettucine sure in the hell knew.  or i would hope so because he is the grand pooba of "experts"

You are mixing ideas here. There was an original idea that the virus was INTENTIONALLY man-made in Wuhan. That is a conspiracy theory and does not align with scientific evidence that shows the virus was not man-made. Just like Fauci said.

That is different than it being an accidental lab leak, which remains unlikely, and according to the majority of intelligence experts around the world and in the US the less likely origin.

So Fauci has been consistent.

Not a good assumption. More likely the most recent, because the DOE does not really have experts to investigate this. A good question would be, why is the DOE issuing a report at all?

If the two leading theories are that the origin of a virus that killed 1,000,000 Americans occurred in a lab to which he has connections or from some unknown animal which do you think Dr Fauci might be most likely to favor?

An absurd question and logical fallacy. Fauci has no connections to this lab or the research being done there. It is a gross exaggeration, and demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of science funding. By your analogy, then Trump also had connections to the lab.

And he says, "we may never know," because from the very beginning it was very unlikely to ever trace this back to a root cause. It remains very unlikely to do so, which is why almost all conclusions are "low confidence" which is pretty much damn near, "hey guys we need to finalize the report...someone flip a coin."

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #815 on: March 01, 2023, 08:38:04 AM »
Knew that guy wasn’t sh1t long before watching him try to throw a baseball

Shameful
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #816 on: March 01, 2023, 08:39:05 AM »
Also, I'll trust science over government agencies that are not using scientists to come to their conclusions.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2023/02/28/1160162845/what-does-the-science-say-about-the-origin-of-the-sars-cov-2-pandemic

I'll also note, that it evolving in animals, and spread from animals to people, technically does not rule out a "lab leak" hypothesis.

It does rule out it being "man-made" which was the original claims by a certain segment of the population.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #817 on: March 01, 2023, 08:39:32 AM »
You're the guy who kept saying the vaccine was good and everyone should get it then flip flopped, right?

An enlightened mind is ever evolving as the pieces of the puzzle come together. My Marquette education taught me many things including questioning authority.
Face it, the vaccine was effective in lessening the symptoms through the delta variant. Essentially, no benefit thereafter.
There is no shame in admitting you were dooped. We all were and many continue to be, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #818 on: March 01, 2023, 09:08:10 AM »

An enlightened mind is ever evolving as the pieces of the puzzle come together. My Marquette education taught me many things including questioning authority.
Face it, the vaccine was effective in lessening the symptoms through the delta variant. Essentially, no benefit thereafter.
There is no shame in admitting you were dooped. We all were and many continue to be, hey?

I'm sure open minded sully will agree with this statement.   ::)

• All American
« Reply #819 on: March 01, 2023, 09:20:02 AM »
I'm sure open minded sully will agree with this statement.   ::)

I am perfectly fine with continuing to question authority on vaccines. But he is absolutely wrong when he says “virtually no benefit.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna58322

Vaccines and boosters still remain effective when compared to the alternative. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #820 on: March 01, 2023, 09:42:13 AM »

So, prior to this report, you believed a lab leak was not the most likely source, because that was the most recent information at the time?
And if a new report emerges in six months conflicting with the DOE, will you then side with those findings, since they're the most recent?

Not a clue, but as forgetful accurately points out, Fauci has no "connections" to this lab, and it's been proven time and again that what NIH funding went to Wuhan was used on work that couldn't have led to COVID.

Also, no clue. I'm pretty smart, but not smart enough to read the mind of Anthony Fauci. I suspect you believe you can. In which case, congrats.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #821 on: March 01, 2023, 10:27:42 AM »
I am perfectly fine with continuing to question authority on vaccines. But he is absolutely wrong when he says “virtually no benefit.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna58322

Vaccines and boosters still remain effective when compared to the alternative.

Sure, for those with comorbidities. Giving the vaccine to children should be a crime. They are not at risk. But, teacher unions are powerful. And, while I'm at it, myocarditis post vaccine is a real thing, albeit not a huge percentage, but nonetheless its a terrible risk factor post vaccine for some, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

• All American
« Reply #822 on: March 01, 2023, 10:29:50 AM »

Sure, for those with comorbidities. Giving the vaccine to children should be a crime. They are not at risk. But, teacher unions are powerful. And, while I'm at it, myocarditis post vaccine is a real thing, albeit not a huge percentage, but nonetheless its a terrible risk factor post vaccine for some, hey?

This has all been debunked before…

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #823 on: March 01, 2023, 12:10:02 PM »
Da gospel accordin' ta Scoop know-it-alls, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #824 on: March 01, 2023, 12:21:02 PM »
When your sources admit to lying when they know the truth in order to boost rating...

Or, in the words of the late, great, Christine McVie..... tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies....
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.