[Today at 04:10:23 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Galway Eagle
[Today at 04:04:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine Misinformation  (Read 53419 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: Vaccine Misinformation
« Reply #725 on: February 17, 2023, 09:10:37 PM »
The risk of long term side effects has to be demonstrably low in addition to a significant threat to the population they are requiring it for in order for me to support vaccine mandates.

What's the length of a new vaccine testing do you want before giving to folks? 5 years? 10? 20?

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #726 on: February 17, 2023, 10:19:06 PM »
The risk is greater for college students than most other demographics, in an environment where it spreads as well.  Also it has had much more time to be studied for side effects.

If I was really anti-vax I wouldn’t have received the AIDS vaccine on campus that was required based on my service learning site back in college.  I am definitely anti-mandate for this particular vaccine though, in nearly all cases.

Tell me more about this AIDS vaccine that you were required to get.

The risk of long term side effects has to be demonstrably low in addition to a significant threat to the population they are requiring it for in order for me to support vaccine mandates. 

So you support the COVID-19 vaccine, or just deny scientific data. Which is it?

And lastly, more college age kids had debilitating effects from COVID-19, and/or died from COVID, than were adversely affected or died from Meningitis (before the vaccine was mandated).

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #727 on: February 17, 2023, 10:55:22 PM »
I mistyped, it was a Hepatitis vaccine.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #728 on: February 18, 2023, 06:28:08 AM »
Well, well, look what we have here:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna71027

Most of my colleagues, the ones up in COVID at work all day, contracted COVID, over the last 14 months, starting with the Omicron wave.  That was over a year after receiving the first vaccine does.  The vaccine mandates for healthcare workers was completely justified.  It protects patients.  It also protects hospital systems from collapsing during major waves, due to so many employees getting sick.  Sorry, not sorry.

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #729 on: February 18, 2023, 07:08:35 AM »
Most of my colleagues, the ones up in COVID at work all day, contracted COVID, over the last 14 months, starting with the Omicron wave.  That was over a year after receiving the first vaccine does.  The vaccine mandates for healthcare workers was completely justified.  It protects patients.  It also protects hospital systems from collapsing during major waves, due to so many employees getting sick.  Sorry, not sorry.

So it didn’t work, and thanks to the vaccines, sounds like they all got it the same winter?  Vaccines are supposed to prevent, not delay, illness.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #730 on: February 18, 2023, 08:58:21 AM »
So it didn’t work, and thanks to the vaccines, sounds like they all got it the same winter?  Vaccines are supposed to prevent, not delay, illness.

Tell me you don’t understand how vaccines work without telling me you don’t know how vaccines work.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #731 on: February 18, 2023, 09:02:02 AM »

No. Quite the opposite actually.  The vaccines prevented severe illness and deaths and all of them came back after their quarantine period ended.  No one was hospitalized.  Everyone has said that the COVID vaccines prevented severe illness and death.  Some said they would stop infection (it didn't to the degree we hoped it did).

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #732 on: February 18, 2023, 10:43:59 AM »
Tell me you don’t understand how vaccines work without telling me you don’t know how vaccines work.

This works less effectively than most actual vaccines, that I know.

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #733 on: February 18, 2023, 10:45:57 AM »
Are there any other vaccines that people on here can think of where you’re wise to build in a day or two to recover from the vaccine itself because if it gives you flu-like symptoms that means it’s working?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #734 on: February 18, 2023, 11:01:52 AM »
Are there any other vaccines that people on here can think of where you’re wise to build in a day or two to recover from the vaccine itself because if it gives you flu-like symptoms that means it’s working?

Shingles. Flu shot for some. Pretty regular occurrence actually.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #735 on: February 18, 2023, 11:03:09 AM »

Can I lend you a book on understanding the immune system?

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #736 on: February 18, 2023, 11:09:15 AM »
Can I lend you a book on understanding the immune system?

I hope the frequently boosted individuals still have one, I’m not so sure if they do anymore.  More sickness going around the office now, meanwhile in my personal circles the unvaxxed have been healthier this winter, and it’s been common from what I’ve heard/read from others too.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #737 on: February 18, 2023, 11:27:24 AM »
I hope the frequently boosted individuals still have one, I’m not so sure if they do anymore.  More sickness going around the office now, meanwhile in my personal circles the unvaxxed have been healthier this winter, and it’s been common from what I’ve heard/read from others too.

Anecdotes are fun, aren't they?

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #738 on: February 18, 2023, 11:47:03 AM »
Anecdotes are fun, aren't they?

Until they get computed into studies, considering how recent studies have evolved in this vaccine war, I wouldn’t be looking forward to future ones if I got the vax.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #739 on: February 18, 2023, 12:10:11 PM »
Shingles. Flu shot for some. Pretty regular occurrence actually.

Tetanus shots take a little to bounce back from too.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #740 on: February 18, 2023, 12:15:13 PM »
Until they get computed into studies, considering how recent studies have evolved in this vaccine war, I wouldn’t be looking forward to future ones if I got the vax.

I'm sure they'll come out right after the positive ivermectin studies

MU82

• All American
« Reply #741 on: February 18, 2023, 02:28:26 PM »

The unvaxxed I know are living to 120 years old, are having sex daily, and are eating whatever they want without gaining weight. And unvaxxed NEVER get Covid. Only fully vaxxed have died from it all this time. Stoopid vaxxers … signing up for death sentences. That’s just science!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #742 on: February 18, 2023, 03:10:51 PM »

I have had 4 shots.  In/ out of patient rooms with all kinds of respiratory/ stomach viruses.  I haven't been out for illness since 2019 (knock on wood).
#anecdote

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #743 on: February 18, 2023, 06:23:18 PM »
I have had 4 shots.  In/ out of patient rooms with all kinds of respiratory/ stomach viruses.  I haven't been out for illness since 2019 (knock on wood).
#anecdote

My wife and I are both boosted and vaxxed.  We got gnarly colds in the fall.  My 5 month old son isn’t vaxxed and hasn’t been sick yet.

Oh, and my 87 year old former neighbor was fully boosted and vaxxed and died of pancreatic cancer last year.  So CHECKMATE.

Really may need to review your medical credentials!!!

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #744 on: February 18, 2023, 07:51:09 PM »
I mistyped, it was a Hepatitis vaccine.
Yes, people frequently mistype hepatitis as A-I-D-S. Just fat fingering.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #745 on: February 18, 2023, 07:52:13 PM »
Ignorance is bliss, I guess.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #746 on: February 18, 2023, 07:54:46 PM »
My wife and I are both boosted and vaxxed.  We got gnarly colds in the fall.  My 5 month old son isn’t vaxxed and hasn’t been sick yet.

Oh, and my 87 year old former neighbor was fully boosted and vaxxed and died of pancreatic cancer last year.  So CHECKMATE.

Really may need to review your medical credentials!!!
Proof that the pancreatic cancer vaccine is useless.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #747 on: February 18, 2023, 07:58:29 PM »
Other than all the examples off of the top of people's heads you mean?

There certainly is something to be said for a person repeatedly pantsing themselves who just blithely comes back for more. Are you related to roqqet?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #748 on: February 18, 2023, 09:48:51 PM »
Have you seen the price for quality dominatrix services lately?  Easily a much more cost effective way to get repeatedly kicked in the junk

🏀

• All American
« Reply #749 on: February 19, 2023, 08:03:46 AM »

You need at least two sides to have a war. Only one side thinks they’re under attack.

feedback