[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine Misinformation  (Read 53092 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Vaccine Misinformation
« Reply #625 on: February 05, 2023, 11:14:26 AM »
https://bmjmedicine.bmj.com/content/2/1/e000373

Though at least they seemed to have had more positive outcomes overall, this study makes one pause about the frequently peddled narrative that myocarditis is more likely from a COVID-19 bout than vaccination against it.

Huh ...

In a population based study of 23 million individuals in Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden, we found that myocarditis after vaccination with SARS-CoV-2 mRNA vaccines was associated with a significantly lower risk of heart failure within 90 days of admission compared with conventional myocarditis and myocarditis after covid-19 disease.
Also, among younger patients with no potentially predisposing comorbidities for developing myocarditis, we found that myocarditis after covid-19 disease was associated with a substantially higher risk of heart failure or death at 90 days of follow-up compared with myocarditis after vaccination. Taken together, our findings suggested that the outcomes of myocarditis after vaccination were less severe than other types of myocarditis during the first 90 days after the onset of myocarditis.

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #626 on: February 05, 2023, 11:21:47 AM »
Huh ...

In a population based study of 23 million individuals in Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden, we found that myocarditis after vaccination with SARS-CoV-2 mRNA vaccines was associated with a significantly lower risk of heart failure within 90 days of admission compared with conventional myocarditis and myocarditis after covid-19 disease.
Also, among younger patients with no potentially predisposing comorbidities for developing myocarditis, we found that myocarditis after covid-19 disease was associated with a substantially higher risk of heart failure or death at 90 days of follow-up compared with myocarditis after vaccination. Taken together, our findings suggested that the outcomes of myocarditis after vaccination were less severe than other types of myocarditis during the first 90 days after the onset of myocarditis.

You literally didn’t read my quote, the findings that it was more commonly found post vaccine than post illness, just having that burden post vaccine is still a major consideration if you’re on the fence, had the virus already and are in a low risk group for COVID-19 effects.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #627 on: February 05, 2023, 11:30:58 AM »
https://bmjmedicine.bmj.com/content/2/1/e000373

Though at least they seemed to have had more positive outcomes overall, this study makes one pause about the frequently peddled narrative that myocarditis is more likely from a COVID-19 bout than vaccination against it.

No where in that article does it say/do anything that could make one pause about the accurate and scientifically vetted information regarding the likelihood of getting myocarditis from COVID-19, other causes, as compared to from a vaccine.

Show your work!

I also noticed no response to my details on why one should get vaccinated. But your article provides another, your article makes it clear that in healthy young people, the risk of adverse outcomes from COVID infection is far greater than from a vaccine.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #628 on: February 05, 2023, 11:58:06 AM »
You literally didn’t read my quote, the findings that it was more commonly found post vaccine than post illness, just having that burden post vaccine is still a major consideration if you’re on the fence, had the virus already and are in a low risk group for COVID-19 effects.

But that doesn't mean what you're claiming it does.
How many people in the study have received the vaccine vs  tested positive for COVID?

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #629 on: February 05, 2023, 12:25:26 PM »
How many people in the study have received the vaccine vs  tested positive for COVID?

It would appear that "Statnik" does not understand how statistics works.

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #630 on: February 05, 2023, 01:44:58 PM »

Consider the number of boosters many have had, not so much of a difference anymore.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #631 on: February 05, 2023, 01:49:34 PM »
Hmmm crickets for my question.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #632 on: February 05, 2023, 02:45:38 PM »
Hmmm crickets for my question.

His Adobe subscription ran out, he has no way to highlight text.  Happens to the best of us

noblewarrior

• Starter
« Reply #633 on: February 06, 2023, 09:35:15 PM »
Calling all jackals: Some reading materials if you want to spend the time. Stop jabbing yourselves people.  It’s MFing poison.   

https://mdpi-res.com/d_attachment/vaccines/vaccines-10-01651/article_deploy/vaccines-10-01651-v2.pdf?version=1666320394

Since no nucleocapsid protein could be detected, the presence of spike protein must be ascribed to vaccination rather than to viral infection. The findings corroborate previous reports of encephalitis and myocarditis caused by gene-based COVID-19 vaccines.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9025013/pdf/jcm-11-02219.pdf

Post COVID-19 infection was not associated with either myocarditis (aHR 1.08; 95% CI 0.45 to 2.56) or pericarditis (aHR 0.53; 95% CI 0.25 to 1.13). We did not observe an increased incidence of neither pericarditis nor myocarditis in adult patients recovering from COVID-19 infection.

But there is an increase?

🤷🏻‍♂️... I wonder what it is? 🧐

autopsy

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9702955/pdf/392_2022_Article_2129.pdf

Histology showed patchy interstitial myocardial T-lymphocytic infiltration, predominantly of the CD4 positive sub- set, associated with mild myocyte damage. Overall, autopsy findings indicated death due to acute arrhythmogenic cardiac failure. Thus, myocarditis can be a potentially lethal complication following mRNA-based anti-SARS-CoV-2 vaccination. Our findings may aid in adequately diagnosing unclear cases after vaccination and in establishing a timely diagnosis in vivo, thus, providing the framework for adequate monitoring and early treatment of severe clinical cases.

… and has been common knowledge for awhile… it’s not a one size fits all situation…

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S001393512201982X

https://youtu.be/5zRvYp8QKNY

noblewarrior

• Starter
« Reply #634 on: February 06, 2023, 09:51:24 PM »
What is the world coming to when IVM is being suggested to rid the body of spike post infection and to help with post shot adverse effects 🤷🏻‍♂️

https://mdpi-res.com/d_attachment/ijms/ijms-23-15480/article_deploy/ijms-23-15480-v2.pdf?version=1671672532

They furthermore suggest therapeutic options using competitive glycan-binding agents such as IVM and may help elucidate rare serious adverse effects (AEs) associated with COVID-19 mRNA vaccines, which use spike protein as the generated antigen.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #635 on: February 07, 2023, 09:53:31 AM »
When I want to discredit vaccines, I always turn to Chinese scientific journals...

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #636 on: February 07, 2023, 10:07:03 AM »
When I want to discredit vaccines, I always turn to Chinese scientific journals...

Personally, I just head on over to twitter to my personally curated team of lunatics. 

Then I blindly post links to articles they push without reading them and also quote the portions they have.

I don't actually understand any of it, but that doesn't really matter to me.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #637 on: February 07, 2023, 10:13:41 AM »
Personally, I just head on over to twitter to my personally curated team of lunatics. 

Then I blindly post links to articles they push without reading them and also quote the portions they have.

Are you running for President?  It’s worked in the past
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #638 on: February 07, 2023, 10:14:38 AM »

I had no idea you were a dentist.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #639 on: February 07, 2023, 01:07:46 PM »

Who's on your team these days?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #640 on: February 07, 2023, 01:35:34 PM »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #641 on: February 07, 2023, 04:51:10 PM »
Calling all jackals: Some reading materials if you want to spend the time. Stop jabbing yourselves people.  It’s MFing poison.
Please proceed, anti-vaxxer.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

noblewarrior

• Starter
« Reply #642 on: February 07, 2023, 05:33:03 PM »
Hubris.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #643 on: February 07, 2023, 06:24:45 PM »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #644 on: February 07, 2023, 08:52:15 PM »
Hubris.
I support your personal choice. In fact I encourage it.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

noblewarrior

• Starter
« Reply #645 on: February 07, 2023, 09:12:05 PM »
Wow.. we’ll get’em next time…

From my curated Twitter… to access the chapters, use the menu link in the upper right.  Reference links are embedded in the body of the narrative.  Time to catch up people. 

https://www.norfolkgroup.org/

I’m predicting TSmitty will suddenly stop posting one day and there’ll be no cause.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #646 on: February 07, 2023, 09:34:39 PM »

From my curated Twitter… to access the chapters, use the menu link in the upper right.  Reference links are embedded in the body of the narrative.  Time to catch up people. 

I’m predicting TSmitty will suddenly stop posting one day and there’ll be no cause.

Multiple folks from the "academy of science and freedom".

Quick Google search leads to their page with a mission statement: (bolded mine)

The current age is one of science and technology. Together, they have remade the world. They have improved nutrition and extended life spans. They have provided an abundance previously unknown. Their cooperation is fundamental and transformative to mankind. However, while science and technology are partners, they are not the same thing. The words “science” and “technology” are derived from different roots: science from the Latin word scientia for knowing; and technology from the Greek words techne for art or doing, and logos for reason, speech, or understanding. Knowing and doing, of course, are not the same thing either. Knowing is receptive and observant. Doing is active and assertive. The classic authors claim that both knowing and doing are natural and necessary to us, but they are distinguished. Doing is an exercise of power, and power can get in the way of observing and therefore knowing. Hillsdale College’s Academy for Science and Freedom will combat this danger by preserving both the integrity of scientific study and the realm of choice and freedom that is proper to everyone, scientists and non-scientists alike.

Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, widespread and aggressive moves have been made against both the individual and academic freedom required to conduct and interpret science. This pandemic has exposed grave problems in the essential functioning of science, research, and debate. Institutions, including elite research universities, public health agencies, and top scientific journals, quickly fell in line with herd thinking about remedies for the pandemic. They loudly and publicly supported solutions like lockdowns that continue to generate enormous collateral public health damage to this day. Moreover, many important clinical trials were suppressed for political reasons. This is because policymakers were unduly influenced by what they understood to be a consensus in the scientific community, a false notion that resulted in draconian policies.

Instead of open and free discourse to seek the scientific truths underlying urgently needed solutions, the opposite way of thinking has taken hold. Scientists whose research and data interpretation differ from the desired narrative have been silenced, censored, and slandered. Academia and the research community, dominated by a single viewpoint, now actively engage in intimidation and false declarations of consensus, and they abuse the peer-review system for publishing findings. This intolerance has fostered a climate of fear and has inhibited other scientists and experts from contributing to the public discussion, effectively inducing self-censorship. This has severely damaged the environment for civil discourse, and consequently, it has become extremely difficult for the public to arrive at any objective understanding of facts.

This dangerous trend threatens the free exchange of ideas essential to republican government and the public good. Hillsdale College’s Academy for Science and Freedom will provide a framework for study and discourse that will serve to educate and inform the citizens and leaders who will be faced with the inevitable public health crises to come.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #647 on: February 07, 2023, 09:39:56 PM »

More on the founder of the academy of science and freedom and contributor to the Norfolk group:

https://www.cal-catholic.com/standfords-dr-bhattacharya-to-start-academy-of-science-and-freedom/

Wrote "Great Barrington Declaration" and works closely with Scott Atlas

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #648 on: February 07, 2023, 10:01:55 PM »

What are you wanting to extract from that? The primary criticisms are that in the very early days of the pandemic, the government failed in all regards (e.g. the first 3-6 months), in controlling, monitoring, and preventing the spread of the disease.

They also critique major mistakes like providing an EUA for hydroxychloroquine, questioning why it was allowed to be prescribed at all when all evidence said it didn't work, and if anything, caused more deaths.

Pretty much it is a diatribe about how the political leaders failed spectacularly in the first couple months. Is that the take-home message you want us to take? That the government failed and no one should have ever been taking HCQ?

noblewarrior

• Starter
« Reply #649 on: February 08, 2023, 09:31:40 AM »
Multiple folks from the "academy of science and freedom".

Quick Google search leads to their page with a mission statement: (bolded mine)

And, what?

More on the founder of the academy of science and freedom and contributor to the Norfolk group:

https://www.cal-catholic.com/standfords-dr-bhattacharya-to-start-academy-of-science-and-freedom/

Wrote "Great Barrington Declaration" and works closely with Scott Atlas

And, what?

What are you wanting to extract from that? The primary criticisms are that in the very early days of the pandemic, the government failed in all regards (e.g. the first 3-6 months), in controlling, monitoring, and preventing the spread of the disease.

They also critique major mistakes like providing an EUA for hydroxychloroquine, questioning why it was allowed to be prescribed at all when all evidence said it didn't work, and if anything, caused more deaths.

Pretty much it is a diatribe about how the political leaders failed spectacularly in the first couple months. Is that the take-home message you want us to take? That the government failed and no one should have ever been taking HCQ?

That's all you read?  There's 10 chapters - https://www.norfolkgroup.org/chapters.  Looks like the previous link was corrupted..  :(
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 09:47:06 AM by noblewarrior »