[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Nukem2
[April 19, 2024, 09:24:02 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 19, 2024, 08:17:02 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine Misinformation  (Read 52844 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Vaccine Misinformation
« Reply #425 on: September 24, 2022, 10:28:52 AM »
That’s not what this article is saying… It doesn’t even mention the vaccines.  It says, and I agree because C-19 is very bad, is that contracting C-19 and needing hospitalization (not necessarily for C-19) vs. hospitalization w/out C-19 increases your probability of having future heart issues.

The study does not take into account the patient’s vaccine status

Here’s the article… attached below

We’ve had misinformation warriors routinely claiming that vaccines cause heart problems when the truth is that serious bouts with Covid are FAR more likely to cause heart problems.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #426 on: September 24, 2022, 10:44:50 AM »
We’ve had misinformation warriors routinely claiming that vaccines cause heart problems when the truth is that serious bouts with Covid are FAR more likely to cause heart problems.

Dude, noble knows things.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #427 on: October 11, 2022, 03:36:48 PM »
Curious that the anti-vaxxers need to continuously and consistently lie.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2022/10/that-florida-analysis-on-covid-vaccines-is-you-guessed-it-total-garbage/

"Epidemiologists and public health experts spent the past weekend collectively shaking their heads at the latest harmful pronouncement from Florida's provocative surgeon general, Joseph Ladapo, who on Friday announced that he was recommending against mRNA-based COVID-19 vaccines for men ages 18 to 39.

Experts roundly dubbed the analysis "utter rubbish," "extremely misleading," and "comically bad." Some called the analysis method "terrible," and one epidemiologist called it "the absolute most batcrap study design & analysis plan I have ever seen." Others noted that the conclusion "smells of p-hacking" and data cherry-picking.

These reactions are likely unsurprising to anyone who has followed Ladapo's work as Florida's top doctor. Brought in by Governor Ron DeSantis in 2021, Ladapo has spent the pandemic downplaying the threat of COVID-19, fighting public health measures, surrounding himself with prominent anti-vaccine voices, and attacking life-saving COVID-19 vaccines."

Much more at the link on the craptyness of the study.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #428 on: October 11, 2022, 05:03:19 PM »
Fascinating breakdowns this week comparing comparing and contrasting death rates in counties and their political tilts.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #429 on: October 11, 2022, 11:33:58 PM »
Curious that the anti-vaxxers need to continuously and consistently lie.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2022/10/that-florida-analysis-on-covid-vaccines-is-you-guessed-it-total-garbage/

"Epidemiologists and public health experts spent the past weekend collectively shaking their heads at the latest harmful pronouncement from Florida's provocative surgeon general, Joseph Ladapo, who on Friday announced that he was recommending against mRNA-based COVID-19 vaccines for men ages 18 to 39.

Experts roundly dubbed the analysis "utter rubbish," "extremely misleading," and "comically bad." Some called the analysis method "terrible," and one epidemiologist called it "the absolute most batcrap study design & analysis plan I have ever seen." Others noted that the conclusion "smells of p-hacking" and data cherry-picking.

These reactions are likely unsurprising to anyone who has followed Ladapo's work as Florida's top doctor. Brought in by Governor Ron DeSantis in 2021, Ladapo has spent the pandemic downplaying the threat of COVID-19, fighting public health measures, surrounding himself with prominent anti-vaccine voices, and attacking life-saving COVID-19 vaccines."

Much more at the link on the craptyness of the study.

hate to burst your spit bubble, but dr fettucine wasn't exactly the bastion of truth...show me the money!!!  wait until they get him under oath.  i don't think you'd put him in your category of "anti-vaxers need to continuously and consistently lie".  you still can't pin him with any consistency.  funny he seems to look best in red though
don't...don't don't don't don't

• All American
« Reply #430 on: October 12, 2022, 03:38:13 AM »
    hate to burst your spit bubble, but dr fettucine wasn't exactly the bastion of truth...show me the money!!!  wait until they get him under oath.  i don't think you'd put him in your category of "anti-vaxers need to continuously and consistently lie".  you still can't pin him with any consistency.  funny he seems to look best in red though

Health care professional.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #431 on: October 12, 2022, 05:14:47 AM »

8 out of 10

Classic work
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #432 on: October 12, 2022, 06:10:55 AM »
hey auntie geek00 i missed you and your no reply rating schtick to the actual post thing AGAIN.  you musta been going thru withdrawals not having too much to go on.  i'll try harder to give you some better stuff.  your post as usual gets a big zero try addressing the actual substance of my post next time cuz it looks like you're running out of jazz

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #433 on: October 12, 2022, 06:29:23 AM »

What evidence is there that he continuously and consistently lied?

• All American
« Reply #434 on: October 12, 2022, 07:22:10 AM »
What evidence is there that he continuously and consistently lied?

Or profited off said lies.

You'd think that two-plus years later rocket would have time for self-reflection and maybe realizing how horribly wrong he has been about all things Covid...but alas that has not happened. Still out here dunking on himself.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #435 on: October 12, 2022, 07:27:05 AM »

Cool.

So why do anti-vaxxers need to continuously and consistently lie? Why do they go to such lengths to intentionally run horribly flawed studies? Why have they, in numerous cases, been found to actually falsify data in order to pretend Ivermectin and HCQ worked?

Why is that?

And when you see these lies, when it is shown that people falsified data, when there are absolutely no reliable studies that show these treatments work, why do you cling to the idea that they do?

When you see that you have been lied to, why do you continue to believe the lies over the facts?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #436 on: October 12, 2022, 07:36:37 AM »
There’s no point in engaging with the willfully ignorant

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #437 on: October 12, 2022, 11:15:41 AM »
When you see that you have been lied to, why do you continue to believe the lies over the facts?

https://twitter.com/dril/status/134787490526658561?lang=en

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #438 on: October 12, 2022, 11:29:26 AM »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

• All American
« Reply #439 on: October 12, 2022, 11:40:52 AM »
Yeah write, hey?

https://youtu.be/VArXfQU--LA

I mean, he was wrong.  What's your point?  (Outside that you are easily swayed by Youtube videos.)

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #440 on: October 12, 2022, 02:20:31 PM »
I mean, he was wrong.  What's your point?  (Outside that you are easily swayed by Youtube videos.)

The irony is that folks like 4elder and roqqet see someone who isn't their 'team' make a mistake once and that makes them impossible to trust ever.

Meanwhile, their dudes are literally wrong all the damn time, and they just ignore it. 

They're stupid people and they're broken and shouldn't be taken seriously.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #441 on: October 12, 2022, 02:48:07 PM »
So few do.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #442 on: October 12, 2022, 03:30:14 PM »
The irony is that folks like 4elder and roqqet see someone who isn't their 'team' make a mistake once and that makes them impossible to trust ever.

Meanwhile, their dudes are literally wrong all the damn time, and they just ignore it. 

They're stupid people and they're broken and shouldn't be taken seriously.

damn i miss cheap gas, energy independence, low inflation, roaring stock markets, and a safer world-you guys just set all of us back ?? years with your "truths"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #443 on: October 12, 2022, 03:32:57 PM »
Der iz know inflation, doe. Hour Commander-in-Chief sed sew, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #444 on: October 12, 2022, 03:36:28 PM »
damn i miss cheap gas, energy independence, low inflation, roaring stock markets, and a safer world-you guys just set all of us back ?? years with your "truths"

A safer world.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #445 on: October 12, 2022, 04:07:33 PM »

7 out of 10

Not on topic, standard boilerplate nonsensical ramblings of simplicity.  Good use of air quotes

noblewarrior

• Starter
« Reply #446 on: October 12, 2022, 04:27:15 PM »
Two words: Safe and effective.

https://insulinresistance.org/index.php/jir/article/view/71/221

Volunteering in a vaccine centre, I was one of the first to receive two doses of Pfizer’s messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA) vaccine, at the end of January 2021. Although I knew my individual risk was small from COVID-19 at age 43 with optimal metabolic health, the main reason I took the jab was to prevent transmission of the virus to my vulnerable patients. During early 2021, I was both surprised and concerned by a number of my vaccine-hesitant patients and people in my social network who were asking me to comment on what I regarded at the time as merely ‘anti-vax’ propaganda.

I was asked to appear on Good Morning Britain after a previously vaccine-hesitant film director Gurinder Chadha, Order of the British Empire (OBE), who was also interviewed, explained that I convinced her to take the jab.

But a very unexpected and extremely harrowing personal tragedy was to happen a few months later that would be the start of my own journey into what would ultimately prove to be a revelatory and eye-opening experience so profound that after six months of critically appraising the data myself, speaking to eminent scientists involved in COVID-19 research, vaccine safety and development, and two investigative medical journalists, I have slowly and reluctantly concluded that contrary to my own initial dogmatic beliefs, Pfizer’s mRNA vaccine is far from being as safe and effective as we first thought. This critical appraisal is based upon the analytical framework for practicing and teaching evidence-based medicine, specifically utilising individual clinical expertise and/or experience with use of the best available evidence and taking into consideration patient preferences and values.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #447 on: October 12, 2022, 07:04:28 PM »

Volunteering in a vaccine centre, I was one of the first to receive two doses of Pfizer’s messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA) vaccine, at the end of January 2021. Although I knew my individual risk was small from COVID-19 at age 43 with optimal metabolic health, the main reason I took the jab was to prevent transmission of the virus to my vulnerable patients. During early 2021, I was both surprised and concerned by a number of my vaccine-hesitant patients and people in my social network who were asking me to comment on what I regarded at the time as merely ‘anti-vax’ propaganda.

I was asked to appear on Good Morning Britain after a previously vaccine-hesitant film director Gurinder Chadha, Order of the British Empire (OBE), who was also interviewed, explained that I convinced her to take the jab.

But a very unexpected and extremely harrowing personal tragedy was to happen a few months later that would be the start of my own journey into what would ultimately prove to be a revelatory and eye-opening experience so profound that after six months of critically appraising the data myself, speaking to eminent scientists involved in COVID-19 research, vaccine safety and development, and two investigative medical journalists, I have slowly and reluctantly concluded that contrary to my own initial dogmatic beliefs, Pfizer’s mRNA vaccine is far from being as safe and effective as we first thought. This critical appraisal is based upon the analytical framework for practicing and teaching evidence-based medicine, specifically utilising individual clinical expertise and/or experience with use of the best available evidence and taking into consideration patient preferences and values.

Glad you are back to spew your anti vax BS, but in case anyone is interested in actual data:

https://mobile.twitter.com/dr_barrett/status/1574473896061026322

No increases in ischemic heart disease or ICU admissions since the introduction of the vaccines. This article is complete and utter BS.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 07:20:38 PM by MUDPT »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #448 on: October 12, 2022, 07:16:55 PM »

At this point, I fully support anti-vaxxers not getting vaccinated. Please proceed.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #449 on: October 12, 2022, 08:42:24 PM »
At this point, I fully support anti-vaxxers not getting vaccinated. Please proceed.
Seconded.  And go big on ivermectin.

feedback