collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:41:27 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:07:56 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:00:22 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine Misinformation  (Read 53394 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: Vaccine Misinformation
« Reply #200 on: March 01, 2022, 12:48:20 PM »
In a month it went from 68% effective to 12% effective at preventing infection.  Even if there is some protection from the rare severe disease in children, that’s flat out awful.

You might wanna read beyond the headline on that one

tower912

• All American
« Reply #201 on: March 01, 2022, 01:00:11 PM »
Why start now.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #202 on: March 01, 2022, 02:28:17 PM »
In a month it went from 68% effective to 12% effective at preventing infection.  Even if there is some protection from the rare severe disease in children, that’s flat out awful.

Keeping kids out of hospitals is flat-out awful. 10-4 good buddy.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #203 on: March 01, 2022, 03:55:40 PM »
Strange stance to take, isn't it?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #204 on: March 01, 2022, 04:37:34 PM »

Barely making a dent in them getting sick at all (given how long COVID is a thing) should be important too and it is awful at preventing that.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #205 on: March 01, 2022, 05:09:04 PM »
Barely making a dent in them getting sick at all (given how long COVID is a thing) should be important too and it is awful at preventing that.
Dumb. But not unexpected.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #206 on: March 01, 2022, 05:31:26 PM »
Dumb. But not unexpected.

Do you dispute that it was down to 12% effectiveness at the height of Omicron?  Unless you have rock solid studies that the vaccines also prevent long COVID in children I stand by my statement that it’s a pretty awful ‘vaccine’ by typical vaccine standards.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #207 on: March 01, 2022, 05:59:00 PM »
Do you dispute that it was down to 12% effectiveness at the height of Omicron?  Unless you have rock solid studies that the vaccines also prevent long COVID in children I stand by my statement that it’s a pretty awful ‘vaccine’ by typical vaccine standards.
Sorry that is only preventing them from getting very sick/hospitalized/dying. Awful vaccine.

pacearrow02

• Starter

Merit Matters

• Walk-On
All Lives Matter

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #210 on: March 01, 2022, 10:58:32 PM »
Is replying to one's own posts using sock puppet accounts a sign of mental illness?
Asking for a friend.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #211 on: March 02, 2022, 05:53:42 AM »
Might want to read beyond the headline on that one

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #212 on: March 02, 2022, 10:26:03 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/28/health/pfizer-vaccine-kids.html?referringSource=articleShare

Science is settled folks

I read the study. The confidence intervals are wild. Not sure that those are the conclusions that I would have come up with.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #213 on: March 03, 2022, 07:33:16 AM »
Perhaps the first recorded case of mass vaccine misinformation (from the NYT, with info from a Ken Burns documentary) ...

As smallpox was sweeping through Philadelphia in 1736, Benjamin Franklin and his wife, Deborah, initially decided not to inoculate their 4-year-old son Francis, known as Franky. The boy was sick with a cold and the Franklins worried that his body would not be able to handle the side effects of inoculation. Soon, though, Franky contracted smallpox and died.

“This is the great tragedy of Franklin’s life,” Burns told me. “Deborah and Benjamin Franklin were just beset by this mistake they made even though it was completely understandable.” (Burns has just posted a six-minute “extra” film clip about Franky and inoculation, and it’s powerful. Next month, PBS will air Burns’s new documentary, “Benjamin Franklin.”)

When rumors spread in Philadelphia that Franky had died from the inoculation rather than the disease itself, Franklin took the painful step of writing the true story in his newspaper, The Pennsylvania Gazette. In the years that followed, he tried to persuade others to avoid his family’s fate.

“Surely parents will no longer refuse to accept and thankfully use a discovery God in his mercy has been pleased to bless mankind with,” Franklin wrote, in a pro-inoculation pamphlet. “For the loss of one in 10 thereby is not merely the loss of so many persons, but the accumulated loss of all the children and children’s children the deceased might have had, multiplied by successive generations.”

In the U.S. today, the death toll from Covid has exceeded 950,000, and many of those deaths occurred after vaccines were available. It is a tragic pattern that’s consistent with history: Vaccination tends to be both counterintuitive and highly effective.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #214 on: March 08, 2022, 08:52:33 AM »
Misinformation Gov. Ron DeSantis says children shouldn't get vaccinated.

But what do you expect from a governor who last week publicly bullied high school kids for choosing to wear masks?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #215 on: March 08, 2022, 11:50:27 AM »
C'mon man! Tyme ta change yo shtick. Didn't ya get da email? Covid's over and da next crisis iz a big kountry invadin' a little kountry, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #216 on: March 08, 2022, 12:16:59 PM »
C'mon man! Tyme ta change yo shtick. Didn't ya get da email? Covid's over and da next crisis iz a big kountry invadin' a little kountry, hey?

OK, Alex.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #217 on: April 14, 2022, 10:00:20 AM »
Russia’s Anti-Vaccine Propaganda is Tantamount to a Declaration of War
https://medecon.org/russias-anti-vaccine-propaganda-is-tantamount-to-a-declaration-of-war/

"Moreover, the source of much of the misinformation about vaccines comes from an unobvious source: the Russian government’s propaganda apparatus, which cultivates and exploits foreign anti-vaccine “useful idiots,” [ED: He misspelled Scoop Dentists] causing palpable harm to Americans and citizens of other Western countries.

As I’ve previously described, Russia regularly conducts health-related disinformation and propaganda campaigns intended to humiliate or disparage the country’s foreign enemies. In the 1980s, the Soviet Union concocted an elaborate disinformation scheme to blame the appearance of HIV and AIDS on U.S. military research. They first planted the story in a sympathetic Indian newspaper, then followed it up with other fake stories that cited the initial report.

A study published by academics in 2018, “Weaponized Health Communication: Twitter Bots and Russian Trolls Amplify the Vaccine Debate,” found that thousands of Russian social media accounts were spreading anti-vaccine messaging. From an examination of almost two million tweets posted between 2014 and 2017, the researchers found that Russian troll accounts were significantly more likely to tweet about vaccination than were Twitter users generally. They noted that Russian tweets like, “Apparently only the elite get ‘clean’ #vaccines. And what do we, normal ppl, get?!” seem intended to exacerbate socioeconomic tensions in the United States."

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #218 on: April 15, 2022, 04:48:07 PM »
Russia’s Anti-Vaccine Propaganda is Tantamount to a Declaration of War
https://medecon.org/russias-anti-vaccine-propaganda-is-tantamount-to-a-declaration-of-war/

"Moreover, the source of much of the misinformation about vaccines comes from an unobvious source: the Russian government’s propaganda apparatus, which cultivates and exploits foreign anti-vaccine “useful idiots,” [ED: He misspelled Scoop Dentists] causing palpable harm to Americans and citizens of other Western countries.

As I’ve previously described, Russia regularly conducts health-related disinformation and propaganda campaigns intended to humiliate or disparage the country’s foreign enemies. In the 1980s, the Soviet Union concocted an elaborate disinformation scheme to blame the appearance of HIV and AIDS on U.S. military research. They first planted the story in a sympathetic Indian newspaper, then followed it up with other fake stories that cited the initial report.

A study published by academics in 2018, “Weaponized Health Communication: Twitter Bots and Russian Trolls Amplify the Vaccine Debate,” found that thousands of Russian social media accounts were spreading anti-vaccine messaging. From an examination of almost two million tweets posted between 2014 and 2017, the researchers found that Russian troll accounts were significantly more likely to tweet about vaccination than were Twitter users generally. They noted that Russian tweets like, “Apparently only the elite get ‘clean’ #vaccines. And what do we, normal ppl, get?!” seem intended to exacerbate socioeconomic tensions in the United States."

There are plenty of Rockets and 4evers around who bow to anything Putin does or says. But then, they are just following in the footsteps of their hero.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #219 on: April 15, 2022, 04:50:53 PM »
Here ya goe, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #220 on: April 15, 2022, 04:59:53 PM »
There are plenty of Rockets and 4evers around who bow to anything Putin does or says. But then, they are just following in the footsteps of their hero.

You guys haven’t gotten the nod to go from diapers to training pants yet I see  maybe someday, when you get older, you’ll be able to  make big people decisions. Until then, better to just sit and listen
don't...don't don't don't don't

tower912

• All American
« Reply #221 on: April 15, 2022, 05:56:25 PM »
As you return to diapers and pureed food.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #222 on: April 15, 2022, 08:58:53 PM »
You guys haven’t gotten the nod to go from diapers to training pants yet I see  maybe someday, when you get older, you’ll be able to  make big people decisions. Until then, better to just sit and listen
I am still sitting and waiting to listen to the studies you promised last October on HCQ and ivermectin that you said would have us "bowing down". Got a link to those?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #223 on: April 15, 2022, 10:14:39 PM »
I am still sitting and waiting to listen to the studies you promised last October on HCQ and ivermectin that you said would have us "bowing down". Got a link to those?
[/quote

Yawn…ya see sniff, sometimes ya have to do a little independent thinking, listening to all sides, sometimes listening to people who’ve been censored by your people wondering what they are trying to hide.  You guys crapped all over so much info from the beginning before even knowing anything about it.  Everything doesn’t need to be “ double blind studies”  think outside the box for a change.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7534595/

https://www.palmerfoundation.com.au/new-study-reveals-success-of-hydroxychloroquine-as-covid-treatment/

You know what else didn’t work, lockdowns and ventilators were not a one size fit all treatment

https://journals.lww.com/americantherapeutics/fulltext/2021/08000/ivermectin_for_prevention_and_treatment_of.7.aspx

For Gods sake,you smart guys are the ones who put us in this schiff hole and we’re supposed to listen to you? 
don't...don't don't don't don't

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #224 on: April 16, 2022, 06:55:42 AM »
Rocket, I am not going to go through the effort of fixing your post because you apparently can't quote correctly.

But the Palmer Foundation study from June was subsequently shown to be wrong by the Australian government.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/oct/09/clive-palmer-asked-for-name-and-logo-of-his-foundation-on-33m-doses-of-donated-hydroxychloroquine

The American Journal of Therapeutics Study was shown to be wrong almost immediately after it was published.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34994351/

But I don't know why I keep doing this.  You have shown no ability to learn or conquer the biases you have.  Pretty sad for a health care professional.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 07:00:34 AM by Clarissa »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow