[Today at 07:27:40 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by lawdog77
[Today at 07:14:12 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by Tyler COLEk
[Today at 07:03:51 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wednesday Seton Hall  (Read 16530 times)

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Re: Wednesday Seton Hall
« Reply #100 on: January 25, 2022, 09:57:42 AM »
Gotta win tomorrow to get our Q1 win back
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MU82

• All American
« Reply #101 on: January 25, 2022, 10:04:13 AM »
All the more reason for Williard and his team to be playing super pissed.

Good. They'll be super-pissed and lose their poise.

Our guys will play our game, and it's 7 in a row for Marquette.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #102 on: January 25, 2022, 10:33:29 AM »
I missed the beginning of the game so the reason he was out may have been explained then. Help me out here please.

Anyone else here suspect that maybe there were (hopefully still are) internal conflicts within the SH team? I do not think the absence of Aiken is nearly enough to account for last night. I'm not trying to take anything away from St. Johns' performance, but for SH to fall behind by 27 at one point late in a home game makes me think there's more to this fiasco than just a really bad night.
Providence fell behind MU by 39.  I don’t believe that was anything more than just a really bad night.   It happens.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #103 on: January 25, 2022, 10:34:30 AM »
Providence fell behind MU by 39.  I don’t believe that was anything more than just a really bad night.   It happens.

They have also had the easiest schedule in the Big East this far so it could be that they're not all they're cracked up to be.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #104 on: January 25, 2022, 10:54:23 AM »

They have also had the easiest schedule in the Big East this far so it could be that they're not all they're cracked up to be.

Both certainly can be true.

Sometimes that snowball just gets rolling downhill and there's no way to stop it or get out of the way. Even good teams get blown out occasionally.

But yeah, I don't think The Provi is a great team, either. Looking forward to our guys dunkin' on 'em at the Dunk.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2022, 02:09:21 PM »

zcg2013

• Team Captain
« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2022, 03:48:07 PM »
I laughed that Mamu said all of this and then Seton Hall promptly gets boat-raced by SJU.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2022, 03:50:27 PM »
Mamu supplying plenty of bulletin board material.

https://twitter.com/BenSteeleMJS/status/1485713669275201540?t=inuyZYC-Ozr92YqB1zRnLg&s=19

Mamu should support his school - just like Scoopers should (and do) support theirs.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2022, 05:09:01 PM »
Would be lovely to beat Hall on Wednesday and take them off the bubble

They'd still be in the field with a loss because those last 6 teams are truly terrible, but the two marquee non-con wins that convinced everyone they were a Big East contender (Michigan and Texas) are aging like milk outside in August.

After us, they get a break in Georgetown, but then Creighton, Xavier, Nova, and UConn. This is an important stretch for them.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2022, 06:41:46 PM »
Mamu supplying plenty of bulletin board material.

https://twitter.com/BenSteeleMJS/status/1485713669275201540?t=inuyZYC-Ozr92YqB1zRnLg&s=19

So we could say we're even after Marquette was cheated in the BET when Mamu and Myles threw hissy fits and someone escaped discipline

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #110 on: January 25, 2022, 06:57:01 PM »
Mamu should support his school - just like Scoopers should (and do) support theirs.

But I am guessing that most Scoopers would be a little more diplomatic about their comments if they lived and worked in New Jersey - especially if they were talking to a journalist.
Have some patience, FFS.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #111 on: January 25, 2022, 08:13:11 PM »
Wouldn’t mind the players talking a little trash to him next time he’s courtside haha.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #112 on: January 25, 2022, 09:12:36 PM »
MU needs to obliterate The Hall with no regard for human life. Any idea if we tweak our game plan offensively vs Obiagu? 

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #113 on: January 25, 2022, 09:53:33 PM »
MU needs to obliterate The Hall with no regard for human life. Any idea if we tweak our game plan offensively vs Obiagu?

I've watched Seton Hall a handful of times this year and he played by far the most minutes in the game against Marquette.  A lot of the games I've watched he is hardly on the court.  I don't think he does well with extended minutes, but was able to push through against Marquette for a season high 37 minutes.  I think the game plan will be simple.  Try to pull him away from the rim and use Kur and Oso's ability to move around.  Finish strong at the rim and use pump fakes to get him in foul trouble.  I expect a good dose of zone from the Hall as well to try and keep Obiagu from having to move around.

This will be a big test for Marquette playing on the road against a veteran team that just got spanked.  Gonna be difficult, but this team is up for a fight!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 01:41:22 PM by GoldenEagles03 »
VIOLENCE!

bradforster

• All American
« Reply #114 on: January 25, 2022, 11:40:26 PM »
Aiken is not expected to play on Wednesday.

Milkshakes

• All American
« Reply #115 on: January 26, 2022, 07:13:23 AM »
Rebounding.   They out rebounded us something like 49 to 26 last time. If they do that again we better be absolutely lights out from beyond the arc or it could be a long night.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #116 on: January 26, 2022, 07:22:18 AM »
Rebounding.   They out rebounded us something like 49 to 26 last time. If they do that again we better be absolutely lights out from beyond the arc or it could be a long night.

Or turn them over 18+ times.  As bad as our rebounding has been, our TO margin seems to always be positive.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #117 on: January 26, 2022, 07:37:39 AM »

Source please. This would be really great if he watches the game from the bench.

GE '03- really good post and insight. I'm still nervous but less so after reading your post and hearing that Aiken apparently is doubtful.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #118 on: January 26, 2022, 12:54:45 PM »

Willard strikes me as a snake so I wouldn’t be surprised if he tried pulling a fast one tonight.

I laid a wager anyway, MU money line at +165 seemed solid

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #119 on: January 26, 2022, 01:07:36 PM »
Willard strikes me as a snake so I wouldn’t be surprised if he tried pulling a fast one tonight.

Oh, he's definitely a snake but with that said, I do not blame any coach for keeping the opponent guessing until game time and thus having them need to prepare for either scenario.

If Aiken shows up tonight in uniform, security should frisk him to find out if he has a biily club concealed inside his shorts in an interior pocket.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #120 on: January 26, 2022, 01:08:33 PM »
Oh, he's definitely a snake but with that said, I do not blame any coach for keeping the opponent guessing until game time and thus having them to prepare for either scenario.

If Aiken shows up tonight in uniform, security should frisk him to find out if he has a biily club concealed inside his shorts in an interior pocket.

Fantastic

mug644

• All American
« Reply #121 on: January 26, 2022, 01:12:17 PM »
Oh, he's definitely a snake but with that said, I do not blame any coach for keeping the opponent guessing until game time and thus having them need to prepare for either scenario.

He might just be happy to see Greg.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #122 on: January 26, 2022, 01:14:46 PM »

As others have said I think every coach would keep it quiet and it might even be a down to the wire clearance anyways.

But if he were being a total snake in this scenario, it would point to Aiken not playing.

Cause you know damn well Shaka is preparing like he is
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #123 on: January 26, 2022, 01:16:19 PM »
Aiken listed as questionable for tonight, per FreePlays.com (not sure how reliable they are, but there are people I know are reliable that follow them).
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #124 on: January 26, 2022, 01:47:03 PM »

He's questionable not doubtful. I'd almost guarantee he plays. If you didn't know, he has missed the last week with what they were saying was a concussion from the Marquette game. I don't know about all of you, but I saw him play the whole game with no issues. Seems like Seton Hall is really trying to play the victim card with how the game ended in Milwaukee.

I actually hope he plays. Stevie has earned minutes defensively and we can also wear him out with Darryl, Kam, Kolek as well. I'm more worried about their size and the fact that the Hall is playing for their season at this point.

I still like our chances given the depth we have.
VIOLENCE!

feedback