[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wednesday Seton Hall  (Read 16640 times)

BM1090

• All American
Re: Wednesday Seton Hall
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2022, 09:51:14 PM »
I get that it's better that the Hall will this game but they are a team we need to pummel on Wednesday.  Wth or without Aiken.  They look soft and disinterested right now.  MU is the superior team without question.

Maybe that is true but we’ll be solid underdogs if Aiken plays. Might be underdogs even if he sits. One game doesn’t make them an inferior team. MU was lucky (in the sense that it could have gone either way) to beat SHU at home last weekend.

If Aiken plays I’d guess our streak comes to an end. If he doesn’t then I think we wear them down and get the W.

Miss Katie’s

• All American
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2022, 09:51:56 PM »
Nice!  Is there a musical or opera about thugs?

They could definitely adapt West Side Story. 

CrowdOf5

• Starter
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2022, 09:52:39 PM »
Maybe that is true but we’ll be solid underdogs if Aiken plays. Might be underdogs even if he sits. One game doesn’t make them an inferior team. MU was lucky (in the sense that it could have gone either way) to beat SHU at home last weekend.

If Aiken plays I’d guess our streak comes to an end. If he doesn’t then I think we wear them down and get the W.

You watching the Hall tonight? They look like hot trash.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2022, 09:52:54 PM »
BTS?

I promise you that sold more tickets than this game would.

Hell, I’m stunned they didn’t use an even bigger arena.

Although, the Meadowlands in the middle of January isn’t exactly an ideal concert venue.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2022, 09:56:36 PM »
There is a bake sale going on under that overhang in support of the James Breeding Vision Fund.

Staffed by the Booster Moms.
Have some patience, FFS.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2022, 09:57:17 PM »
Nice!  Is there a musical or opera about thugs?

Geeze Muggsy, I think Bugsy Malone would be perfect.  The whipped cream would fit the venue.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2022, 09:58:01 PM »

Embarrassing performance.  Not great that they will come off a putrid loss but we are more than capable of dropping the hammer. 

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2022, 09:58:45 PM »

They looked awful when I watched.

Means nothing for Wednesday.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2022, 10:02:33 PM »
Embarrassing performance.  Not great that they will come off a putrid loss but we are more than capable of dropping the hammer.

We'll be kicking them while they are down.
Have some patience, FFS.

Shark

• All American
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2022, 10:07:09 PM »
Would be lovely to beat Hall on Wednesday and take them off the bubble

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2022, 10:08:07 PM »
Would be lovely to beat Hall on Wednesday and take them off the bubble

Would put some nice separation between the two teams in the standings as well. 3.5 games with a win, 1.5 with a loss.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2022, 11:29:26 PM »
God I want nothing more than to beat Seton Hall at the Prudential Center. Willard is such a turd.

https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/1485833981719457796?t=5QrhZMpYYjDqUCgPXE_abw&s=19

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2022, 01:02:36 AM »
God I want nothing more than to beat Seton Hall at the Prudential Center. Willard is such a turd.

https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/1485833981719457796?t=5QrhZMpYYjDqUCgPXE_abw&s=19

good God, what a whiner
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2022, 02:41:27 AM »

That justification might work if the Prudential Center wasn’t such a cavernous dump for SHU games.  They’ve historically averaged less than 8K fans for an arena that seats 18K+.  I’ve been to 3 MU games there and 2 of 3 times huge sections were tarped off.  It’s not like it’s a tremendous home court advantage.

I’d rather play SJU at MSG 10 out of 10 times over Carnesecca.  Willard being unable to coax a home court advantage out of their own HS gym is his own fault

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2022, 05:39:12 AM »
I would happily give up my season ticket to the SHU game if we permanently moved it to the AL. As long as Willard is still the coach.

Milkshakes

• All American
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2022, 06:42:20 AM »
SH needs Aiken. If he is still out tomorrow and they don’t figure out how to run an offense without him I don’t care where we play them.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2022, 07:54:32 AM »
SH needs Aiken. If he is still out tomorrow and they don’t figure out how to run an offense without him I don’t care where we play them.

I missed the beginning of the game so the reason he was out may have been explained then. Help me out here please.

Anyone else here suspect that maybe there were (hopefully still are) internal conflicts within the SH team? I do not think the absence of Aiken is nearly enough to account for last night. I'm not trying to take anything away from St. Johns' performance, but for SH to fall behind by 27 at one point late in a home game makes me think there's more to this fiasco than just a really bad night.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

CAGASS24

• All American
« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2022, 08:06:33 AM »
Need max focus Wednesday to avoid a let down - SHU absolutely needs this game to right their ship - wins over Texas, mich, unconn, Rutgers , cal - it’s a good team they just are struggling a bit recently - this one means a lot !!!!!!  Let’s hope we can grind them down!

IrwinFletcher

• All American
« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2022, 08:07:31 AM »
Does everyone realize that Seton Hall beat SJU just 2 days prior to this blowout without Aiken?

Yes, this was a terrible game but more than likely just a one off.  If they are good enough to beat this Johnnies team by 6 on the road, they are certainly capable of bouncing back and beating us at the Prudential Center tomorrow.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2022, 08:25:56 AM »
Does everyone realize that Seton Hall beat SJU just 2 days prior to this blowout without Aiken?

Yes, this was a terrible game but more than likely just a one off.  If they are good enough to beat this Johnnies team by 6 on the road, they are certainly capable of bouncing back and beating us at the Prudential Center tomorrow.

Agree. Still waiting for someone to explain why Aiken is out since I missed it whenever it was revealed.

We will be dealing with a wounded bear tomorrow so yes, being overconfident is unwarranted.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2022, 08:28:56 AM »
Agree. Still waiting for someone to explain why Aiken is out since I missed it whenever it was revealed.

We will be dealing with a wounded bear tomorrow so yes, being overconfident is unwarranted.

Concussion from the Greg elbow
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2022, 08:39:00 AM »

I DID see that post on Scoop but I honestly thought that it was supposed to be in teal.  ;D

All the more reason for Williard and his team to be playing super pissed. First the foul that cost them the game (please, please-nobody reopen the foul discussion, OK?) and then the concussion.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 08:41:42 AM by Scoop Snoop »

panda

• All American
« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2022, 08:44:24 AM »

Shouldn’t have reached in…

*ducks

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2022, 08:47:07 AM »
He may not play tomorrow night either.  Too bad he has to deal with that.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2022, 09:37:55 AM »
That justification might work if the Prudential Center wasn’t such a cavernous dump for SHU games. They’ve historically averaged less than 8K fans for an arena that seats 18K+.  I’ve been to 3 MU games there and 2 of 3 times huge sections were tarped off.  It’s not like it’s a tremendous home court advantage.

I’d rather play SJU at MSG 10 out of 10 times over Carnesecca.  Willard being unable to coax a home court advantage out of their own HS gym is his own fault

For the most part what you say is true. I have been to every MU game at the Rock since 2012. We have always managed to get seats 5-10 rows up from the team. This year seats were only available in the mezzanine section and with a scheduled 5pm start we decided to skip this season. The last 2 games (2019, 2020) I attended they have opened up the upper deck, though the sections behind the basket were tarped off. The atmosphere was pretty electric. Say what you will about Willard, he has brought that program back to life. I expect a tough crowd at Wednesday's game cheering on their Pirates, especially now that we are ranked and have that bulls eye on our backs. Hope we pull out a win as it has been 4 years since we won there.

feedback