[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Golf 2022  (Read 70360 times)

RJax55

• All American
Re: Golf 2022
« Reply #600 on: June 15, 2022, 08:56:38 AM »
Play Ravines and save yourself the money. Much better public golf in Chicago than Dubs, the place was ruined.

The course conditions at Ravines leave much to be desired, in my opinion. Frankly, there's better options than any of the Cog courses.

Chitown, have you played any of the following? Stonewall Orchard, Mistwood, Blackstone, Prairie Landing or ThunderHawk? All will give you a better bang for your buck than Cog and all are very nice. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #601 on: June 15, 2022, 08:59:31 AM »
The course conditions at Ravines leave much to be desired, in my opinion. Frankly, there's better options than any of the Cog courses.

Chitown, have you played any of the following? Stonewall Orchard, Mistwood, Blackstone, Prairie Landing or ThunderHawk? All will give you a better bang for your buck than Cog and all are very nice.

Again, it's been a few years, but Stonewall Orchard, Mistwood and ThunderHawk are all nice. Of those, I liked Mistwood best. Prairie Meadow is better than all of them IMHO, but also pricier IIRC. For a links-style experience, Harborside is a lot of fun.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #602 on: June 15, 2022, 10:49:51 AM »

Huge fan of Thunderhawk. Went there last year on a whim and the course was beautiful.

16, 17, and 18 all around the lake were the best 3 holes I may have played in my life.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #603 on: June 15, 2022, 10:54:40 AM »
Huge fan of Thunderhawk. Went there last year on a whim and the course was beautiful.

16, 17, and 18 all around the lake were the best 3 holes I may have played in my life.

That is a brutal finishing stretch.  16 is long and demands two pretty good shots to start off the tee and then for your layup. 

Depending on the pin on 17, you can funnel a tee shot to the hole but if you miss the green, good luck.

18 is no bargain, either.  Need two good shots from the tee to the layup and the layup really needs to be in the right spot, depending on the pin.

I like the course, but it is unrelenting.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #604 on: June 15, 2022, 11:04:33 AM »
Depending on the pin on 17, you can funnel a tee shot to the hole but if you miss the green, good luck.

17 thought I hit a good tee shot, had the distance nailed, just missed to the left.

Got caught in that mess on the left hand side on the hill and you are not wrong.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #605 on: June 15, 2022, 12:50:54 PM »
17 thought I hit a good tee shot, had the distance nailed, just missed to the left.

Got caught in that mess on the left hand side on the hill and you are not wrong.

Can’t hit a weak fade, either

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #606 on: June 15, 2022, 05:10:13 PM »
Can’t go wrong with Mistwood. Outstanding track and facility.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #607 on: June 16, 2022, 07:25:18 AM »
USGA CEO Mike Whan says he could "foresee the day" when it becomes much more difficult for the USGA to let guys who have left the PGA Tour for the Saudis compete in USGA events.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #608 on: June 16, 2022, 08:00:01 AM »
USGA CEO Mike Whan says he could "foresee the day" when it becomes much more difficult for the USGA to let guys who have left the PGA Tour for the Saudis compete in USGA events.
Well, I guess we know who really runs the USGA now.

Look, US Golf (PGA,USGA,PGA Tour) can make its own rules. It is a private entity so people can either like it or choose not to join.

But, the NCAA which is private entity that schools/players can either like or choose not to join, is being run by the government and courts, so look for law suits and new legislation.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #609 on: June 16, 2022, 08:03:11 AM »
But, the NCAA which is private entity that schools/players can either like or choose not to join, is being run by the government and courts, so look for law suits and new legislation.

How is the NCAA being run by the government and the courts?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #610 on: June 16, 2022, 08:14:23 AM »
Well, I guess we know who really runs the USGA now.

Look, US Golf (PGA,USGA,PGA Tour) can make its own rules. It is a private entity so people can either like it or choose not to join.

If you think the PGA Tour runs the USGA, have I got news for you. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #611 on: June 16, 2022, 09:09:18 AM »
White Trash decided to have hot takes with his corn flakes this morning.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #612 on: June 16, 2022, 11:17:39 PM »
Can’t recommend Thunderhawk when Shepard’s Crook is a more fun course, better layout, more walkable and 5 minutes away. Played yesterday with the wind howling, love using the slopes and mounds out there.

Zion/Beach Park area hit the golf jackpot with both courses.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #613 on: June 17, 2022, 04:27:47 AM »
Can’t recommend Thunderhawk when Shepard’s Crook is a more fun course, better layout, more walkable and 5 minutes away. Played yesterday with the wind howling, love using the slopes and mounds out there.

Zion/Beach Park area hit the golf jackpot with both courses.

I love Shepherd’s Crook.  Great mix of holes.  The finishing par-5 is tons of fun.  Not a fan of the 17th hole as it doesn’t fit with the rest of the course but otherwise a knockout

🏀

• All American
« Reply #614 on: June 17, 2022, 06:38:32 AM »
I love Shepherd’s Crook.  Great mix of holes.  The finishing par-5 is tons of fun.  Not a fan of the 17th hole as it doesn’t fit with the rest of the course but otherwise a knockout

17 is stinky, probably could add 16 too. Both give me a “we ran out of room” design.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #615 on: June 17, 2022, 07:04:09 AM »
17 is stinky, probably could add 16 too. Both give me a “we ran out of room” design.

I don’t mind short par-3’s like 16, especially after the brutal 14th.  But I get your point.  It is crammed into its spot

🏀

• All American
« Reply #616 on: June 17, 2022, 07:15:03 AM »
I don’t mind short par-3’s like 16, especially after the brutal 14th.  But I get your point.  It is crammed into its spot

I think golf needs more short par 3s, but that one just doesn’t look like the rest of the course. Absolutely dead around 70% of the hole, no real way to play it on the ground and run up. Just a 9 iron getting thrown up in the air at a target.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #617 on: June 17, 2022, 07:22:20 AM »
I think golf needs more short par 3s, but that one just doesn’t look like the rest of the course. Absolutely dead around 70% of the hole, no real way to play it on the ground and run up. Just a 9 iron getting thrown up in the air at a target.

That’s true.  It is a one-dimensional hole.  Probably not much they can do to fix it with regards to the dead around the hole with the swamp.  Shave the right side bare and maybe it’s more interesting

nyg

• All American
« Reply #618 on: June 21, 2022, 06:44:14 AM »
Looks like Brooks Koepka leaving PGA and joining LIV.  Probably getting up front guaranteed money in the range of Dustin Johnson (150 million).

Abraham Ancer left yesterday. Who knows what he got.

Now rumors flying that Morikowa is next.  If that happens, taking away one of the "young guns" would be a bad thing for PGA.  Personally, I don't see it happening, but a week ago who would think Brooks would leave.  $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #619 on: June 21, 2022, 07:26:06 AM »
Looks like Brooks Koepka leaving PGA and joining LIV.  Probably getting up front guaranteed money in the range of Dustin Johnson (150 million).

Now rumors flying that Morikowa is next.  If that happens, taking away one of the "young guns" would be a bad thing for PGA.  Personally, I don't see it happening, but a week ago who would think Brooks would leave.  $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Guess we now know why Koepka really, really, really didn't want to talk about the LIV last week.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #620 on: June 21, 2022, 07:39:00 AM »

When they took Chase, the writing was on the wall.  Chase can’t get starts without Brooks

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #621 on: June 21, 2022, 07:39:33 AM »
Whores...all of them are whores, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

nyg

• All American

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #623 on: June 21, 2022, 07:51:56 AM »
I mean, if it weren't for the controversial nature of the Saudi regime, why wouldn't they take the money?  They don't owe the PGA anything.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #624 on: June 21, 2022, 07:57:43 AM »
I mean, if it weren't for the controversial nature of the Saudi regime, why wouldn't they take the money?  They don't owe the PGA anything.

There’s the rub.  No one else is going to flush money down the toilet in this way. 

These guys don’t understand the ramifications.  We are headed for or already in a financial crisis.  No one is going to want to see dudes playing 54-hole shotgun start tournaments for an obscene amount of guaranteed money from Saudi Arabia.  Men’s professional golf is in big trouble

feedback