[Today at 12:21:27 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Golf 2022  (Read 70285 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: Golf 2022
« Reply #301 on: May 11, 2022, 07:30:54 PM »
"Everyone makes mistakes."  Greg Norman on the death of the Saudi journalist Khashoggi.  You can't make this stuff up.  What a fking asshead.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #302 on: May 11, 2022, 08:02:37 PM »
"Everyone makes mistakes."  Greg Norman on the death of the Saudi journalist Khashoggi.  You can't make this stuff up.  What a fking asshead.

If anyone knows about making mistakes, it’s Greg Norman.  Especially on Sundays at majors

MU82

• All American
« Reply #303 on: May 11, 2022, 09:44:14 PM »

Douchenozzle.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #304 on: May 13, 2022, 04:41:56 PM »
Phony Phil is scared to play in the PGA Championship and deal with the press

tower912

• All American
« Reply #305 on: May 13, 2022, 04:49:54 PM »
The PGA's decision as well as Norman's stupidity has brought all Mickelson's words back to the fore.   There is no way he can show up without being inundated and becoming the circus.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #306 on: May 15, 2022, 07:54:16 AM »
Anyone play Sage Run and Sweetgrass in the UP?

Goose

• All American
« Reply #307 on: May 15, 2022, 08:17:52 AM »
Playing my first round since Feb today and have set low expectations for the round. I am extremely happy that the weather finally has improved enough to tee it up. Only negative, playing Brown Deer and it is going to be about 5-7 cooler than my side of town.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #308 on: May 16, 2022, 12:43:40 PM »
Already in my mid season slump.    Being held together by the short game.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Goose

• All American
« Reply #309 on: May 16, 2022, 12:49:15 PM »
tower

I was +1 after 6 and never made another bar the rest of the day. There is a lot of winter kill on the greens and they were in horrible shape. How did the courses in MI fare over the winter?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #310 on: May 16, 2022, 12:57:02 PM »
tower

I was +1 after 6 and never made another bar the rest of the day. There is a lot of winter kill on the greens and they were in horrible shape. How did the courses in MI fare over the winter?

That is the worst..... when you never make another bar.    ;D

I am due east from Milwaukee.    I have played 20+ rounds so far on 10 different courses.    The lingering cold and wet in April certainly did not help anything.    The best answer I can give you is the condition of the courses I have played are consistent with the quality of the grounds crew.     Courses that are known for their good greens have their greens in almost summer shape.    A couple of bare spots, but decent.    The courses that are known to be sloppy are sloppy.     A nearby goat track had a couple of greens that were nearly unputtable.    Gentlemen's agreement that there would be no 3 putts on the bad ones.    Like, recently aerated bad. 
    Also, the condition of the fairways most places is consistent with the quality of drainage.   

Goose

• All American
« Reply #311 on: May 16, 2022, 01:27:10 PM »
tower

LOL. No pars and no bars after #6.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #312 on: May 16, 2022, 02:09:59 PM »

I am due east from Milwaukee.    I have played 20+ rounds so far on 10 different courses.    The lingering cold and wet in April certainly did not help anything.    The best answer I can give you is the condition of the courses I have played are consistent with the quality of the grounds crew.     Courses that are known for their good greens have their greens in almost summer shape.    A couple of bare spots, but decent.    The courses that are known to be sloppy are sloppy.     A nearby goat track had a couple of greens that were nearly unputtable.    Gentlemen's agreement that there would be no 3 putts on the bad ones.    Like, recently aerated bad. 
    Also, the condition of the fairways most places is consistent with the quality of drainage.

I played HS golf as a freshman and sophomore.  Our "home courses" were nicely kept CCs, so we were usually ok in April and May.  But some of the other local schools' courses we played were absolute horror shows.  I remember a public course in Germantown that I played a match at in late April that had standing water...on the green...when it hadn't rained for a few days.  Another that I literally lost a pair of golf balls...in bunkers...cause the water within them were so deep it was like putting it in a pond.  I think that was the same one that had aeration pebbles everywhere so it was like putting on a gravel driveway.

Fun times.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #313 on: May 16, 2022, 02:31:26 PM »
I played HS golf as a freshman and sophomore.  Our "home courses" were nicely kept CCs, so we were usually ok in April and May.  But some of the other local schools' courses we played were absolute horror shows.  I remember a public course in Germantown that I played a match at in late April that had standing water...on the green...when it hadn't rained for a few days.  Another that I literally lost a pair of golf balls...in bunkers...cause the water within them were so deep it was like putting it in a pond.  I think that was the same one that had aeration pebbles everywhere so it was like putting on a gravel driveway.

Fun times.

Blackstone Creek hasn’t changed 😂

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #314 on: May 16, 2022, 08:30:13 PM »
Back in da day, any y'all ever play Congo River just off I-94 in Kenosha. Astroturf throughout da track wuz always konsystently good, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #315 on: May 16, 2022, 10:31:28 PM »

Green condition is everything when it comes to rating a golf course. Well, at least 80%.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #316 on: May 17, 2022, 01:28:41 PM »
Nicklaus says he was approached about taking a position along the lines of the one Norman accepted in October as CEO of LIV Golf Investments.

“I was offered something in excess of $100 million by the Saudis, to do the job probably similar to the one that Greg is doing,” Nicklaus, 82, said in remarks published Monday by the Fire Pit Collective. “I turned it down. Once verbally, once in writing. I said: ‘Guys, I have to stay with the PGA Tour. I helped start the PGA Tour.’ ”

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #317 on: May 18, 2022, 06:11:20 AM »

this is absolutely true!  our courses, since the beginning of may have been in great condition!  the greens are running anywhere between a 12-14 and true as could be.  hate to be a golf snob, but some of us need all the help we can get.  now if they would just allow me to carry a chainsaw in my bag and would happily count it against my allowance of 14
don't...don't don't don't don't

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #318 on: May 18, 2022, 07:29:48 AM »

this is absolutely true!  our courses, since the beginning of may have been in great condition!  the greens are running anywhere between a 12-14 and true as could be.  hate to be a golf snob, but some of us need all the help we can get.  now if they would just allow me to carry a chainsaw in my bag and would happily count it against my allowance of 14

This is why we have the dentist crime thread.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #319 on: May 18, 2022, 06:13:32 PM »
This is why we have the dentist crime thread.

if this was meant to be funny, umm, hahah i guess.  otherwise, wtf is the matter with you guys?  is your purpose to drive everyone you don't like off of scoop so you can truly make it a big circle jerk?  this is almost as bad as putting up with politics and not being able to respond because, well, it's a no politics zone

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #320 on: May 18, 2022, 06:26:40 PM »
  if this was meant to be funny, umm, hahah i guess.  otherwise, wtf is the matter with you guys?  is your purpose to drive everyone you don't like off of scoop so you can truly make it a big circle jerk?  this is almost as bad as putting up with politics and not being able to respond because, well, it's a no politics zone

5 of 10

Circle jerk was a nice addition.  We just want to keep the world a safe place like we want to keep campus a safe place.  There is room for both.  A safe campus and a safe world from criminal dentists.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #321 on: May 18, 2022, 07:45:04 PM »
That chainsaw, does it have an adjustable hosel and a wrench?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #322 on: May 18, 2022, 10:32:32 PM »
Who could ever forget the cult classic Dental Chainsaw Massacre?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #323 on: May 18, 2022, 11:00:59 PM »
A safe campus and a safe world from criminal dentists.

Which one has less guns?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #324 on: May 19, 2022, 06:06:13 AM »
That chainsaw, does it have an adjustable hosel and a wrench?

not sure if that would violate any of the usga rules of golf, but i'll put it in my inquiry