[Today at 02:06:54 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MUbiz
[Today at 12:09:25 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[Today at 11:02:10 AM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by mileskishnish72
[April 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Golf 2022  (Read 69878 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Golf 2022
« Reply #325 on: May 19, 2022, 06:11:05 AM »
I assume it is a Cobra.  You wouldn't ness around with a Callaway or Ping chainsaw.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #326 on: May 19, 2022, 06:13:32 AM »
I assume it is a Cobra.  You wouldn't ness around with a Callaway or Ping chainsaw.

good call tower, i am a cobra guy.  driver and irons all cobras, hybrid is the rogue, wedge is of course a cleveland, putter is the stroke lab
don't...don't don't don't don't

tower912

• All American
« Reply #327 on: May 19, 2022, 10:08:51 AM »
Did you get custom fitted for the chainsaw or did you buy it off the rack?    Loft?    Flex?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #328 on: May 19, 2022, 12:42:19 PM »
Did you get custom fitted for the chainsaw or did you buy it off the rack?    Loft?    Flex?

club champion

speaking of chain saws, my son who works for milwaukee tool got me a battery powered little chain saw for trimming small stuff.  the thing is a little bad ass saw.  actually they call it a hatchet.  ideal for the golf bag

don't...don't don't don't don't

tower912

• All American
« Reply #329 on: May 19, 2022, 01:34:14 PM »
Club champion is really branching out.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #330 on: May 21, 2022, 01:26:55 PM »
This is where Treetops is located.    Kind of a hub of Northern Michigan golfing.     

https://www.mlive.com/news/2022/05/see-photos-of-gaylord-tornados-devastating-aftermath.html

MU82

• All American
« Reply #331 on: May 27, 2022, 06:10:59 AM »
Sports Illustrated piece: What is Tiger trying to prove?

https://www.si.com/golf/news/should-tiger-woods-keep-playing-majors-if-this-is-how-it-will-be?utm_source=Iterable&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=morning-read-newsletter-&date=2022-05-27

Woods has talked about not wanting to be a ceremonial golfer, but how would you characterize his seven rounds during the Masters and PGA Championship?

Was Woods competitive? Did he have a chance to win either event? The answer is no.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #332 on: May 27, 2022, 06:14:21 AM »

https://www.si.com/golf/news/should-tiger-woods-keep-playing-majors-if-this-is-how-it-will-be?utm_source=Iterable&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=morning-read-newsletter-&date=2022-05-27

Woods has talked about not wanting to be a ceremonial golfer, but how would you characterize his seven rounds during the Masters and PGA Championship?

Was Woods competitive? Did he have a chance to win either event? The answer is no.

He can play as much as he wants
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #333 on: May 27, 2022, 06:37:25 AM »
He has earned the right to play whenever he wants.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #334 on: May 27, 2022, 06:42:19 AM »

Tiger is an alpha predator. He has a better chance of winning than the majority of the field.

Zach Johnson, Charley Hoffman, Rickie, these guys have no chance of winning yet they are out their playing.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #335 on: May 27, 2022, 06:46:34 AM »
Tiger is an alpha predator. He has a better chance of winning than the majority of the field.

Zach Johnson, Charley Hoffman, Rickie, these guys have no chance of winning yet they are out their playing.

Flower, The Duke of Debt, isn’t eligible for the Open or US Open, thank god

🏀

• All American
« Reply #336 on: May 27, 2022, 06:51:40 AM »
Flower, The Duke of Debt, isn’t eligible for the Open or US Open, thank god

He’ll be basking in that sweet, sweet LIV money anyway.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #337 on: May 27, 2022, 07:01:45 AM »
He’ll be basking in that sweet, sweet LIV money anyway.

Brian Harman is an American hero for making Flower cry

tower912

• All American
« Reply #338 on: May 27, 2022, 07:03:30 AM »
Cobra has to be crapping themselves.  Bryson out injured, Ricky crap, roqqet admitting he uses their equipment.

In fairness, I am so ugly that several clothing companies pay me to not wear their stuff.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #339 on: May 27, 2022, 07:25:53 AM »
Cobra has to be crapping themselves.  Bryson out injured, Ricky crap, roqqet admitting he uses their equipment.

In fairness, I am so ugly that several clothing companies pay me to not wear their stuff.

Hey, Cobra’s got Greg Norman. One of the game’s greats. He certainly can’t hurt them.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #340 on: May 27, 2022, 10:03:13 AM »

This is simply not true except at Augusta, which is well known for having the most bull$hit field in all of golf.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #341 on: May 27, 2022, 11:01:21 AM »
This is simply not true except at Augusta, which is well known for having the most bull$hit field in all of golf.

No it's not. 156 man PGA Tour Field, he's still one of the better 78 golfers, not the worse 78 golfers.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #342 on: May 27, 2022, 12:07:30 PM »
No it's not. 156 man PGA Tour Field, he's still one of the better 78 golfers, not the worse 78 golfers.

No he's not.  In the last 2 years...

-he missed the US Open cut. 
-Finished 72nd (out of 78) at the Zozo in Japan, 22 shots back from the leader.
-Shot 1 good, not great, round at the 2021 Masters before finishing 19 back from the leader.

then the accident

-narrowly made the cut at Augusta...finished 22 shots back from Scheffler.
-snuck inside the cut at the PGA and then imploded.

You mention Charley Hoffman and Zach Johnson...neither of whom are within the top 150 or 175 of any ranking.   And wouldn't be among the top half of any PGA tour field.

In the current mid 70s range of golfers on the PGA tour based on both FedEx rankings and money...Tony Finau, Daniel Berger, Matthew Wolff...then guys like Joel Dahmen or Sahith Theegala who aren't household names but have won PGA tournaments or racked up top 10s in the last year and change.  All playing better golf than Tiger.

Save me the "alpha predator" nonsense.  Thats as silly as players quaking cause Tiger is around.  Its not 2010, hell its not 2019.  He's an old (for a golfer) dude with a broken body.  He's capable of great shots and good rounds, of course.  But he's not one of the top 75 golfers in the world when it comes to putting together a full tournament routinely.  He's just not.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #343 on: May 27, 2022, 01:19:55 PM »
No he's not.  In the last 2 years...

-he missed the US Open cut. 
-Finished 72nd (out of 78) at the Zozo in Japan, 22 shots back from the leader.
-Shot 1 good, not great, round at the 2021 Masters before finishing 19 back from the leader.

then the accident

-narrowly made the cut at Augusta...finished 22 shots back from Scheffler.
-snuck inside the cut at the PGA and then imploded.

You mention Charley Hoffman and Zach Johnson...neither of whom are within the top 150 or 175 of any ranking.   And wouldn't be among the top half of any PGA tour field.

In the current mid 70s range of golfers on the PGA tour based on both FedEx rankings and money...Tony Finau, Daniel Berger, Matthew Wolff...then guys like Joel Dahmen or Sahith Theegala who aren't household names but have won PGA tournaments or racked up top 10s in the last year and change.  All playing better golf than Tiger.

Save me the "alpha predator" nonsense.  Thats as silly as players quaking cause Tiger is around.  Its not 2010, hell its not 2019.  He's an old (for a golfer) dude with a broken body.  He's capable of great shots and good rounds, of course.  But he's not one of the top 75 golfers in the world when it comes to putting together a full tournament routinely.  He's just not.

He isn’t.  But I’m more captivated watching him than watching Richard Flower peacock around the course

🏀

• All American
« Reply #344 on: May 27, 2022, 01:42:09 PM »
He isn’t.  But I’m more captivated watching him than watching Richard Flower peacock around the course

Great hat from Flower today

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #345 on: May 27, 2022, 02:09:26 PM »
Great hat from Flower today

Fits with that stringy hair/deviant mustache look he has going

tower912

• All American
« Reply #346 on: May 27, 2022, 02:16:26 PM »
Watching the Senior PGA.   Cool course, great backstory.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #347 on: May 30, 2022, 07:21:06 AM »
Fits with that stringy hair/deviant mustache look he has going

Cam Smith wore it better.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #349 on: May 31, 2022, 10:24:28 PM »
Some big names sign up for Greg Norman’s first thing event

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/34016951/dustin-johnson-headlines-field-first-liv-golf-invitational-series-event-phil-mickelson-not-currently-entrants

The field is meh. Dustin Johnson is the headliner, meaning he lied when he said this a few months ago:

"I feel it is now time to put such speculation to rest. I am fully committed to the PGA Tour. I am grateful for the opportunity to play on the best tour in the world and for all it has provided me and my family."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback