collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Golf 2022  (Read 70329 times)

RJax55

• All American
Re: Golf 2022
« Reply #125 on: February 21, 2022, 02:40:35 PM »
It isn’t dead.  The soon-to-be 50 crowd of Westwood and Stenson want the money.  I can see Aussies supporting Norman.  I don’t think Adam Scott is opposed to it.  A few lesser Americans like Jason Kokrak were involved, too

A pre-Champions Tour. The league dying might be a better option.

Will be interesting to see who's the highest ranked American to jump. If it is Kokrak, he is currently #26 in the OWGR. And, unless there's some surprise, Kokrak might just be the highest ranked player in the SGL.

Given all the buzz back in the fall, what an absolute flop.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 02:44:38 PM by RJax55 »

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #126 on: February 21, 2022, 02:45:06 PM »
A pre-Champions Tour. The league dying might be a better option.

Will be interesting to see who's the highest ranked American to jump. If it is Kokrak, he is currently #26 in the OWGR. And, unless there's some surprise, Kokrak might just be highest ranked player in the SGL.

Given all the buzz back in the fall, what an absolute flop.

I’m trying to guess the TV deal they have lined up.  They must have something planned. 

Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

NolongerWarriors

• All American
« Reply #127 on: February 21, 2022, 02:50:33 PM »
Like the Trump family?

That’s pretty good whataboutism, I’ll give you that.  FIGJAM went out of his way to admit the horrors of the Saudi’s and yet has no problem dealing with them because he needs another big payday.

I guess his honesty over his lack of morals is commendable.

And it's absolutely no different than what people like Lebron are doing.  Or the awful Eileen Gu, who's siding with China for no other reason to make millions and millions of dollars.

At least have some consistency.  If you want to bash an athlete for going into business with bad people, then call them all out.  Every freaking one of them.

Scoopers are such hypocrites, hammering on Mickelson because of SA, and when someone rightfully brings up the NBA and politicians in bed with China (which they are), that doesn't matter and is just whataboutism, lol. 

I just love the hypocrites here thinking that their s*** doesn't stink.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #128 on: February 21, 2022, 03:00:29 PM »
I’m trying to guess the TV deal they have lined up.  They must have something planned.

I would agree, but I would imagine any deal would be entirely dependent on who's in the SGL. There have been rumors of an unnamed streaming platform. But, who knows. And, any NBC-Comcast or Viacom entity is likely out due their media ties to The Tour.

If they sold some network on the idea that the SGL would have half of the OWGR top 20, they might have some problems when the league is Adam Scott, Phil and a bunch of Euros from the 2012 Ryder Cup team.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #129 on: February 21, 2022, 03:04:08 PM »

Scoopers are such hypocrites, hammering on Mickelson because of SA, and when someone rightfully brings up the NBA and politicians in bed with China (which they are), that doesn't matter and is just whataboutism, lol. 

So when one person criticizes Phil over the SGL and another person brings up China, the first person says "whatabutism?"
Crazy. It's almost like that's the exact definition of whataboutism.

Anyhow, could you point out where anyone here has ever defended LeBron on China?
Thanks

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #130 on: February 21, 2022, 03:22:04 PM »
And it's absolutely no different than what people like Lebron are doing.  Or the awful Eileen Gu, who's siding with China for no other reason to make millions and millions of dollars.

At least have some consistency.  If you want to bash an athlete for going into business with bad people, then call them all out.  Every freaking one of them.

This is a golf thread.  Thanks for your whataboutism addition, however.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #131 on: February 21, 2022, 07:06:55 PM »

Let me know when Lebron is getting paid directly from the CCP to implode the NBA with the grand goal of sport washing Chinese atrocities.

But you won’t. You have no idea what you’re talking about. So just stay out of the thread, jackass.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #132 on: February 21, 2022, 08:15:12 PM »
From what I have read the new Greg Norman venture so far has only made a deal to enhance the purses on certain Asian Tour events.

If the Enhanced Asian Tour events  attracts some aging stars to participate in those events, it might not be a bad idea for Golf world wide. It would also not be a bad thing for the PGA tour, as it would free up some space for more young and up and comers.

Greg Norman has had a hard on for the PGA Tour for many many years and this is just the latest iteration.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #133 on: February 21, 2022, 08:18:52 PM »

Greg Norman has had a hard on for the PGA Tour for many many years and this is just the latest iteration.

Does he blame the PGA for all of the times he choked?

NolongerWarriors

• All American
« Reply #134 on: February 21, 2022, 08:57:46 PM »
Let me know when Lebron is getting paid directly from the CCP to implode the NBA with the grand goal of sport washing Chinese atrocities.

But you won’t. You have no idea what you’re talking about. So just stay out of the thread, jackass.

You dishonest, hypocritical putz.

Implode the NBA?  The NBA's operations in China are worth over 5 BILLION dollars and nobody in that disgusting organization will dare criticize their Chinese overloards. 

Mickelson is putting his finances above human rights abuses in SA and NBA players (among others) are putting their finances above human rights abuses in China.

Your selective outrage is amusing and disgusting in equal measure.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #135 on: February 21, 2022, 11:44:58 PM »

Implode the NBA?  The NBA's operations in China are worth over 5 BILLION dollars and nobody in that disgusting organization will dare criticize their Chinese overloards. 

Mickelson is putting his finances above human rights abuses in SA and NBA players (among others) are putting their finances above human rights abuses in China.

Thank you sir, but this is a Wendy’s.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #136 on: February 22, 2022, 05:17:11 AM »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #137 on: February 22, 2022, 06:35:57 AM »

But the NBA has words like “Equality” and “Justice” on their warm ups.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #138 on: February 22, 2022, 06:46:24 AM »
But the NBA has words like “Equality” and “Justice” on their warm ups.

Cool story, boomer.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #139 on: February 22, 2022, 06:48:02 AM »

They're not the least bit equivalent. But given your posting history, we can understand why it's an easy leap for you.

NBA = Black

golf = white

Ipso fatso in your warped worldview ... golf good, NBA bad.

And Shaka bad, too, you Badger-loving twat.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #140 on: February 22, 2022, 07:12:19 AM »
Well, I guess talking golf is over. Just another culture war Scoop pissing match.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #141 on: February 22, 2022, 07:16:13 AM »
Well, I guess talking golf is over. Just another culture war Scoop pissing match.

Stay on target

MU82

• All American
« Reply #142 on: February 22, 2022, 07:42:32 AM »

When you have one Badger-loving twat who only shows up on a Marquette basketball fan site either to post about how much he hates Marquette basketball or to say something racist (or often both in the same post), stuff happens.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #143 on: February 22, 2022, 08:25:14 AM »
They're not the least bit equivalent. But given your posting history, we can understand why it's an easy leap for you.

NBA = Black

golf = white

Ipso fatso in your warped worldview ... golf good, NBA bad.

And Shaka bad, too, you Badger-loving twat.

I think his point (if you bothered to read his post) was that BOTH Mickelson and the NBA deserved criticism. But on Scoop one gets a pass.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #144 on: February 22, 2022, 08:34:21 AM »
I think his point (if you bothered to read his post) was that BOTH Mickelson and the NBA deserved criticism. But on Scoop one gets a pass.

I mean, there have been dozens of posts on Scoop discussing and critical of the NBA's relationship with China, including a nine-page thread a few years back (linked below). But keep driving that narrative.

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=59129.0

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #145 on: February 22, 2022, 08:34:50 AM »

Great.  There’s a whole NBA thread and Lebron has been criticized quite a bit in the NBA thread.  Maybe not by the people you want to criticize him, but criticized nonetheless.

As for Phil, he made his bed and he has to lay in it.  Like most of his gambling, this one blew up in his face

MU82

• All American
« Reply #146 on: February 22, 2022, 09:28:12 AM »

Not sure why you are supporting a Badger-loving twat who hates Shaka because he's Black ... but nobody here said the NBA didn't deserve criticism.

It's the golf thread. We were talking about golfers, specifically Phil Mickelson. HE changed the subject to make it one of his typical screeds. HE made it about race, as he often does.

On the basketball board, meanwhile, he's a Marquette hoops-hater.

I'm not one who thinks the mods should ban him. I like to know who people like him are, and what they're saying. But I'm also gonna point out his BS.

Lenny, you are way too intelligent to think he was merely providing an "alternate view" here.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #147 on: February 22, 2022, 09:38:36 AM »
Back to golf.   Phil, Westwood, Scott... that does not make a league.    The whole thing may have jumped the Shark for now.   But the Saudi's have nearly limitless funds.   Down the road, I can definitely see more events in Saudi Arabia with 8 figure appearance fees.  I can envision them boosting purses on the Asian and/or European tour and having more events in the middle east.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #148 on: February 22, 2022, 09:57:49 AM »
Back to golf.   Phil, Westwood, Scott... that does not make a league.    The whole thing may have jumped the Shark for now.   But the Saudi's have nearly limitless funds.   Down the road, I can definitely see more events in Saudi Arabia with 8 figure appearance fees.  I can envision them boosting purses on the Asian and/or European tour and having more events in the middle east.

I think the PGA TOUR comes out with a hard statement about playing in Saudi after this fiasco. They now know they have the backing of the membership at-large. DP World Tour follows suit. Asian Tour has to prop up Saudi events to keep any sort of OWGR significance.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #149 on: February 22, 2022, 10:02:00 AM »
I think they still let their stars go over and get the big pay day.    To restrict them would bring up the bad feelings.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.