[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[April 24, 2024, 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Home Cooking  (Read 12182 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Home Cooking
« on: December 21, 2021, 08:32:53 PM »
When do we start getting some? Xavier gets 10 straight foul calls in the first half at home. Now we’re at home and 11 minutes in and UCONN has been called for 0 fouls. Some contact being called on Marquette is being allowed on the other end. Frustrating.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Daniel

• All American
Re: Home Cooking
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2021, 08:37:07 PM »
When do we start getting some? Xavier gets 10 straight foul calls in the first half at home. Now we’re at home and 11 minutes in and UCONN has been called for 0 fouls. Some contact being called on Marquette is being allowed on the other end. Frustrating.

Seems to work for other teams but never for MU

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2021, 09:05:23 PM »
Nova got plenty of home cooking tonite.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2021, 09:30:16 PM »
Good teams get the calls

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2021, 10:31:22 PM »
I thought it was pretty evenly officiated the vast majority of the game.

UConn got called for a couple borderline offensive fouls, the block on Joplin's dunk looked clean, a few others. As always a few tough calls against us, too. Ended up being 18-17 fouls, and that was with us taking a couple late to try to get back in the game. I didn't think officiating was a story at all tonight. Make an effen dunk and a layup, maybe!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2021, 10:34:20 PM »

UConn got called for a couple borderline offensive fouls, the block on Joplin's dunk looked clean, a few others. As always a few tough calls against us, too. Ended up being 18-17 fouls, and that was with us taking a couple late to try to get back in the game. I didn't think officiating was a story at all tonight. Make an effen dunk and a layup, maybe!

Agreed.  A couple bad calls both ways.  It probably evened out.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2021, 10:38:49 PM »

MU got called for several borderline calls.  MU has to play through it.  UConn the same.  The game was lost on three straight MU possessions with great looks that didn’t go in.    Their guards were better tonight.  Later this season we will be better.  Fun team to watch.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2021, 07:19:37 AM »
Teams are only shooting 64% from the line against Marquette.  Pretty genius by Shaka to lose the foul game
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2021, 07:45:12 AM »
Teams are only shooting 64% from the line against Marquette.  Pretty genius by Shaka to lose the foul game

FT defense has been one of the best I've seen at MU.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2021, 07:53:01 AM »
FT defense has been one of the best I've seen at MU.

I wish I knew his secret

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2021, 07:53:38 AM »

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2021, 09:16:58 AM »
We don't play a style of ball that is currently conducive to getting fouls, and it's a moderate concern (obviously caveat of FTs No Matta). Saw JL force the issue in the 2nd half that was a positive for the team down the stretch. Probably a formula to replicate to get him involved and get the other team working a bit

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2021, 09:42:40 AM »
We don't play a style of ball that is currently conducive to getting fouls, and it's a moderate concern (obviously caveat of FTs No Matta). Saw JL force the issue in the 2nd half that was a positive for the team down the stretch. Probably a formula to replicate to get him involved and get the other team working a bit

I might be wrong, but I think even on FTs No Matta's own terms, only our FT % no matta.  I think the number of FTs very much matta.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2021, 09:45:47 AM »

One tidbit to add around Shaka's style: MU's FTR is the highest since his first year at Texas. Much lower than most of Wojo's and Buzz's teams. Shaka's teams play just too fast for a higher FTR (for better or worse).

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2021, 08:12:31 PM »
I might be wrong, but I think even on FTs No Matta's own terms, only our FT % no matta.  I think the number of FTs very much matta.
No, really is FTR. But it is the lesser of the 4 factors
Goal is National Championship

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2022, 12:59:18 PM »
Creighton called for 8 team fouls in all of regulation until they intentionally fouled 3 times with 15 seconds left.

Let’s hope we get some favorable whistles in OT.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2022, 01:05:15 PM »
Creighton called for 8 team fouls in all of regulation until they intentionally fouled 3 times with 15 seconds left.

Nope
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

nyg

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2022, 01:08:10 PM »
Those darn refs again, they just hate MU.  Probably discuss between them prior to every game.

I know they just caused Kolek and Lewis to miss those last two shots in the paint. 

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2022, 02:04:26 PM »

We settled too much on O to cause CU to foul. Refs just can’t call fouls that aren’t happening for the sake of equity. SMH.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2022, 02:06:56 PM »
We settled too much on O to cause CU to foul. Refs just can’t call fouls that aren’t happening for the sake of equity. SMH.

One team shot 31 three pointers. They show 19 free throws. The other team shot 19 three pointers. They show 7 free throws.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2022, 02:33:06 PM »
On the reviewed play that gave MU the final shot of regulation, O-Max hammered Hawkins.

Hawkins should have shot 2 FTs and O-Max should have been out of the game.

I mean, sure, I wish we had gotten some home cookin', and I have no doubt that the refs missed a few on Creighton. But there were a lot of things that cost us this game, and officiating is pretty far down on the list.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2022, 02:50:11 PM »
On the reviewed play that gave MU the final shot of regulation, O-Max hammered Hawkins.

I mean, sure, I wish we had gotten some home cookin', and I have no doubt that the refs missed a few on Creighton. But there were a lot of things that cost us this game, and officiating is pretty far down on the list.

Masked fans probably cost us the game.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2022, 02:52:14 PM »
Masked fans probably cost us the game.

That’s good

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2022, 03:05:27 PM »
One team shot 31 three pointers. They show 19 free throws. The other team shot 19 three pointers. They show 7 free throws.

MU was also taking a number of midrange shots too. The player who took the most FT’s for CU was Kalkbrenner, their seven foot post player. Our best post player was shooting midrange jumpers (which he can usually make). CU also got more FT’s thanks us fouling on CU’s many offensive rebounds. Our D is by design more aggressive, that is going to lead to more calls against us.

Also, when our bigs  took it right at Kalkbrenner he couldn’t hold his ground.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2022, 03:11:10 PM »

Exactly. We always have more fouls because of the way we play defense. It is going to continue this year.

Youth is probably the biggest cause and that will change over time.

feedback