Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: UCLA is #4. MU is not.  (Read 9392 times)

loid walden

• Walk-On
Re: UCLA is #4. MU is not.
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2021, 11:28:13 AM »
"I appreciate his approach" well said  ditto from me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4K6osZqNaA

I appreciate his approach.   

8-3 in non-con.    Good stuff.    The real work begins.   

MU82

• All American
« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2021, 11:56:59 AM »
It's a legit criticism of Shaka: If he wants to run an offensive system that emphasizes 3-point shooting, he needs to have at least 3 very good shooters on the floor at all times. You have a rim-protecting Kur type, a Justin Lewis who can occasionally hit a 3, and then 3 true shooters who have to be defended at the line.

We have 1 proven long-range shooter, and even he has been a deep-bench sub for most of his college career.

But again, it's Shaka's first season; he had little time to recruit all the pieces he needed. He deserves time, at least in my opinion. If we have a similar team structure next season, that will be a cause for concern.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2021, 12:24:36 PM »
It's a legit criticism of Shaka: If he wants to run an offensive system that emphasizes 3-point shooting, he needs to have at least 3 very good shooters on the floor at all times. You have a rim-protecting Kur type, a Justin Lewis who can occasionally hit a 3, and then 3 true shooters who have to be defended at the line.

We have 1 proven long-range shooter, and even he has been a deep-bench sub for most of his college career.

But again, it's Shaka's first season; he had little time to recruit all the pieces he needed. He deserves time, at least in my opinion. If we have a similar team structure next season, that will be a cause for concern.
Looks rather similar for next year.  Will Greg stick around for that 6th season?  Otherwise, just adding 2 frosh so far that are question marks as to 3 point shooting and hoping for development and seasoning from the returnees.  Kuath is gone, so that spot is up to Oso and Keeyan.  Unless Shaka picks up a transfer or two this Spring, the team structure looks rather similar.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2021, 12:56:10 PM »
Looks rather similar for next year.  Will Greg stick around for that 6th season?  Otherwise, just adding 2 frosh so far that are question marks as to 3 point shooting and hoping for development and seasoning from the returnees.  Kuath is gone, so that spot is up to Oso and Keeyan.  Unless Shaka picks up a transfer or two this Spring, the team structure looks rather similar.

Of course they could improve. Kam looks like a legit threat.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #104 on: December 12, 2021, 01:12:18 PM »
Of course they could improve. Kam looks like a legit threat.
Yup, as I inferred, the improvement needs to come from development and seasoning (i.e., improvement). Otherwise, the team structure is much the same.  Though, Sean Jones does potentially offer a much different look at PG.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2021, 01:46:24 PM by Nukem2 »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #105 on: December 12, 2021, 01:50:50 PM »
I firmly believe the improvement comes from adding better talent. There will be no shortage of guys in the portal and Shaka’s system will attract players. I do not anticipate a wholesale makeover, but there will be a nice number of new players.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #106 on: December 12, 2021, 02:06:10 PM »

We will have schollies open, and Shaka will have a whole transfer portal to mine. I would expect a talent upgrade if Shaka and his people are doing their jobs.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #107 on: December 12, 2021, 02:14:49 PM »
We will have schollies open, and Shaka will have a whole transfer portal to mine. I would expect a talent upgrade if Shaka and his people are doing their jobs.
Hopefully, but not a lot of openings with already having a lot of young guys including Jones and Ross.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #108 on: December 12, 2021, 07:09:11 PM »
I firmly believe the improvement comes from adding better talent. There will be no shortage of guys in the portal and Shaka’s system will attract players. I do not anticipate a wholesale makeover, but there will be a nice number of new players.

Better talent and development. I think Joplin and Jones can be the kind of shooters in the future we wish we had today. So many of the frustrations now line up with having the 351st ranked roster in terms of experience. I think many of the things we wish we had are already here, they just haven't peaked yet.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #109 on: December 12, 2021, 07:16:32 PM »
Jones, Ellis, Mitchell, and Joplin are very promising prospects.  That said we need someone to conduct the orchestra moving forward and that's a bit of a question mark. 

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #110 on: December 12, 2021, 08:39:05 PM »
really? then I’m a turd…you’re a loser.

You are literally too stupid to insult.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #111 on: December 12, 2021, 09:12:22 PM »
Have we met? God bless

MU82

• All American
« Reply #112 on: December 12, 2021, 10:09:18 PM »
Jones, Ellis, Mitchell, and Joplin are very promising prospects.  That said we need someone to conduct the orchestra moving forward and that's a bit of a question mark.

If those guys mature into good offensive players/shooters, Kolek very well might be at least one of the players conducting the orchestra.

Having a scud-shooting PG surrounded by a bunch of guys who can barely crack 30% from 3 ... it's pretty amazing we're 8-3.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #113 on: December 12, 2021, 10:16:16 PM »
what movie is this from

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #114 on: December 12, 2021, 11:00:34 PM »