[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Beating K-State is Imperative  (Read 11534 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Beating K-State is Imperative
« on: December 04, 2021, 02:10:42 PM »
Enormous game for us when you look at our schedule.  And very winnable.  My hope is our putrid 2nd half today will lead to a far more focused group.  We have to find a way to get this game and back on track.

tower912

• All American
Re: Beating K-State is Imperative
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2021, 02:11:51 PM »
Switch to decaf.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2021, 02:20:41 PM »
I find myself in the unusual position of agreeing with Muggsy.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2021, 02:22:52 PM »
I find myself in the unusual position of agreeing with Muggsy.

I agree but saying the next game is important isn’t really rocket science.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2021, 02:26:22 PM »

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2021, 02:34:45 PM »
Enormous game for us when you look at our schedule.  And very winnable.  My hope is our putrid 2nd half today will lead to a far more focused group.  We have to find a way to get this game and back on track.

If games are enormous in the first week of December , I don't know what adjective you will use in February. I am with the others, time for decaf.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2021, 03:08:21 PM »
It depends on your expectations for this season. If we want a NCAA bid without having to win 12+ Big East games, you're right. But we can still make the NIT or even get to the bubble conversation with a 7-4 non-con record.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2021, 03:12:57 PM »
We have a treacherous December schedule whether you guys want to admit it or not.  We do not want to start the BEast season with three consecutive non-c losses.  Now you're more than welcome to continue to attack me but the fact is momentum isn't irrelevant nor is team confidence.  Margin for error is also a real thing btw as are road games vs quality competition.  Of course you want to peak by March but K-State is a vitally important game in terms of its potential to impact our overall resume and and early BEast conf schedule games. 

And I will not drink decaf.  Ever.  A total mickey-mouse beverage.  I will also add that the pod coffee machines are the biggest con of the 21 century and a disgrace to quality coffee as well as the environment.  You are being conned people, drinking bitter brown water, killing our planet, faking enjoyment, getting extorted, and should do some serious soul searching.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 03:34:00 PM by MuggsyB »

TheREALwrk

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2021, 03:15:28 PM »

And I will not drink decaf.  Ever.  A total mickey-mouse beverage.  I will also add that the pod coffee machines are the biggest con of the 21 century and a disgrace to quality coffee as well as the environment.  You are being conned people, drinking bitter brown water, killing our planet, faking enjoyment, getting extorted, and should do some serious soul searching.

If Muggsy is wrong here I don't wanna be right

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2021, 03:17:33 PM »
We have a treacherous December schedule whether you guys want to admit it or not.  We do not want to start the BEast season with three consevuitive non-c losses.  Now you're more than welcome to continue to attack me but the fact is momentum isn't irrelevant nor is team confidence.  Margin for error is also a real thing btw as are road games vs quality competition.  Of course you want to peak by March but K-State is a vitally important game in terms of its potential to impact our overall resume and and early BEast conf schedule games. 

I've never had a full cup of coffee in my life.    Turns my stomach.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2021, 03:24:33 PM »
We have a treacherous December schedule whether you guys want to admit it or not.  We do not want to start the BEast season with three consevuitive non-c losses.
I don't think anyone has denied how tough the December schedule is, nor does anyone (maybe outside of Nolonger) want them to lose the next two. Acknowledging that it's likely to happen is dealing in the reality of the situation. This team, while it had a great November, has some real deficiencies that might not be fixable without an off-season.
Now you're more than welcome to continue to attack me but the fact is momentum isn't irrelevant nor is team confidence.

I don't think anyone believes this either.
I will also add that the pod coffee machines are the biggest con of the 21 century and a disgrace to quality coffee as well as the environment.  You are being conned people, drinking bitter brown water, killing our planet, faking enjoyment, getting extorted, and should do some serious soul searching.
100% correct.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2021, 03:33:14 PM »

Well that's not my fault and therefore you shouldn't be attacking me or suggesting brown swill.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2021, 03:35:44 PM »
It depends on your expectations for this season. If we want a NCAA bid without having to win 12+ Big East games, you're right. But we can still make the NIT or even get to the bubble conversation with a 7-4 non-con record.
We will finish with an overall losing record, if we lose to K St.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2021, 03:44:09 PM »
Somewhere between Sheldon and Drax. 

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2021, 03:49:48 PM »
We will get back on track against K-State . I think we will see some different players emphasized in the rotation .
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2021, 04:46:43 PM »

I agree that it's a big game in the overall scope of the season. But it won't be any bigger than any of a dozen (or more) Big East games. I think folks are just a little worried that you're gonna pop a vein!

I don't think "focus" was the problem in the second half. Wisconsin was the better, more experienced team. We need Morsell, Kolek and Lewis to be fantastic and for them to get support from several others. I agree that K-State is beatable, so I hope we play well enough to beat them!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2021, 04:49:14 PM »

Totally agree, both on decaf and coffee pods. Making a quick cup of coffee on a simple drip brewer is quick and easy, and yields much better coffee with less damage to the environment.

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2021, 04:53:37 PM »
2-3 in this 5 game stretch would be outstanding.

Lost to UW today, but dictated the pace of the game. Our two best players played poorly. Kinda self explanatory

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2021, 05:14:53 PM »
Losing streaks and December records no matta. 

We have already picked up 3 Power 6 wins.  If you slotted West Va & Ole Miss into December people would be saying we are getting hot before conference. 

Playing 2 road games + a top 10 team at home makes for tough sledding.  Please keep all of this in perspective.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 05:46:38 PM by The Lens »
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2021, 05:18:23 PM »

Totally agree, both on decaf and coffee pods. Making a quick cup of coffee on a simple drip brewer is quick and easy, and yields much better coffee with less damage to the environment.

French press or bust. But pods are as useless as Sam Dekker in the NBA
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2021, 05:22:19 PM »

Gooooooo the pod or capsule coffee makers are an utter disgrace to the planet and the entire human race.  My idiot brother has one of these fancy "Nespresso" coffee makers.  WTF?  I would literally rather spoon instant coffee into my mouth than swallow that garbage.  Oh. ...and it's like a $250 machine with each capsule costing about $2. 

What a freaking con job. We have drip makers, French Presses, and  pour over options all available for our use and they don't destroy the planet.  Are people so freaking lazy that they can't spend less than 10 mins out of their day to make decent  cup of coffee?   

And don't give me this single serving convenience bcrap.  It's vile and the ground "coffee" inside these pods has probably been sitting there for 10 years.  And I love these nonsensical "flavors" they make up with these stupid capsules, and their coffee 1/10 "strength" or what have you.  They should be banned not only because they destroy the environment but because they are an abomination in every conceivable way.  In fact, it's a perfect example of how conformity leads to stupidity and clouding our judgment. 
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 05:26:28 PM by MuggsyB »

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2021, 05:31:14 PM »
We looked like a bunch of lost freshmen today who can't shoot.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2021, 05:43:52 PM »
We looked like a bunch of lost freshmen today who can't shoot.

Yes.  But the defense was even a bigger problem.  56 pts for them in the 2nd half?  Seriously?  Hopefully we learn from this performance.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2021, 06:15:26 PM »

What kind of psycho are you????
Banhammer!   ;D

Goose

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2021, 08:58:08 AM »
Muggsy

They need to steal as many W’s as possible the rest of the way. There are not many easy games out there and they need to find a way to win some games they are not expected to win. For me, I don’t care how they do it, just do it. Building a winning foundation is the goal for the season, IMO.