'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by willie warrior
[Today at 03:50:16 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Beating K-State is Imperative  (Read 11345 times)

hawk

• Scholarship Player
Re: Beating K-State is Imperative
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2021, 09:08:34 PM »
beating K state is not imperative but would be important.  What is imperative is that Morsell  becomes the defender that he is supposed to beand that Kolek starts to score.  Igadoro,Prosper and Joplin seem to coming along nicely.  Mitchel and Jones need to be stronger with the ball.  to many sloppy to's.  Overall though everybody should be pleased with the team so far.  My guess is 8-3 and 9-11 in conference.  A little run the the conference tourny and they could find themselves dancing.  Need to grow into the defensive scheme

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2021, 09:49:36 PM »
I  have a Hario ceramic dripper which cost $16.  I think the newest model is the Hario 60.  Chemex is fine as well but I think ceramic retains the heat much better. 

I for the most part only drink prime-time, quality coffee Dr. V.  Usually 100% Pure Kona Peaberry or Estate because I have a close friend with a home there.  On a rare occasion I will make Turkish coffee which is quite strong and there's a bit of an art to the process.  So I have a drip maker, French Press, pour over, and a Turkish Ibrik. 

As for prime-time coffee and the best brew I actually think the pour over is  infinitesimally better than the French Press but with a caveat:  The French Press is a better value because you can steep the beans longer.  So my Kona beans when I use  a French Press basically last me twice as long as they would with a drip machine. 

You are forgiven Dr. V for your Capresso monstrosity but get rid of that freaking thing ASAP.   :)
Is no one going to acknowledge this? Incredible coffee recs here. Sommelier-level advice.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2021, 10:12:30 PM »
Kuerig and nespresso pods… bad for the earth. And you only get one earth.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2021, 10:15:37 PM »
Let’s revisit Jan. 1st and see how we’re all feeling

I'll be feeling a little hung over in the morning, but I'll perk up pretty quickly after Marquette crushes Creighton!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2021, 10:22:21 PM »
K-State down 17-8 vs the Shockers.  This will likely be the worst team in the B12.

TCU is still in the Big 12.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2021, 10:20:28 AM »
Muggsy

They need to steal as many W’s as possible the rest of the way. There are not many easy games out there and they need to find a way to win some games they are not expected to win. For me, I don’t care how they do it, just do it. Building a winning foundation is the goal for the season, IMO.

Conversely, losing can be contagious, but Shaka does not seem to punish a player for a mistake like Wojo did which to me is why we had those season ending collapses and long though not consecutively losing streaks. Just look at the play of Oso this year from last year, Shaka exudes confidence in his players where Wojo if you made a mistake you be riding the pine.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2021, 10:48:34 AM »
Osa is 20 lbs of muscle heavier and uninjured.   He had just had his best game when he got hurt.   

I will agree that he should have played more than 38 minutes prior to his injury.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2021, 11:00:05 AM »
Osa is 20 lbs of muscle heavier and uninjured.   He had just had his best game when he got hurt.   

I will agree that he should have played more than 38 minutes prior to his injury.

Osa is going to be dude if he sticks around.  So much upside.  For all the hate that Wojo deserves, he did leave behind some really solid pieces in Justin, Osa, and the two freshman in Stevie and Kam.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2021, 11:32:41 AM »
Osa is going to be dude if he sticks around.  So much upside.  For all the hate that Wojo deserves, he did leave behind some really solid pieces in Justin, Osa, and the two freshman in Stevie and Kam.

Perhaps hate is the wrong word, but you are correct that he left us with some solid pieces. That was pretty much his legacy here as he had quite a few solid pieces over the years but just couldn't get the pieces to fit together.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2021, 03:08:48 PM »
K-State is Evil and it is Imperative that they be Destroyed![/size]
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2021, 09:07:56 PM »
Is no one going to acknowledge this? Incredible coffee recs here. Sommelier-level advice.

Ty for your kind words.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2021, 10:28:13 PM »
I  have a Hario ceramic dripper which cost $16.  I think the newest model is the Hario 60.  Chemex is fine as well but I think ceramic retains the heat much better. 

I for the most part only drink prime-time, quality coffee Dr. V.  Usually 100% Pure Kona Peaberry or Estate because I have a close friend with a home there.  On a rare occasion I will make Turkish coffee which is quite strong and there's a bit of an art to the process.  So I have a drip maker, French Press, pour over, and a Turkish Ibrik. 

As for prime-time coffee and the best brew I actually think the pour over is  infinitesimally better than the French Press but with a caveat:  The French Press is a better value because you can steep the beans longer.  So my Kona beans when I use  a French Press basically last me twice as long as they would with a drip machine. 

You are forgiven Dr. V for your Nespresso monstrosity but get rid of that freaking thing ASAP.   :)

Awesome, thanks!

1SE

• All American
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2021, 11:51:54 PM »
Moka pot my man.
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2021, 12:09:24 AM »
Awesome, thanks!

No prob.  Also, if you haven't made pour over coffee don't worry if you fk up a few batches.  Here are a few pointers: 

Pre-wet the filter with hot water before putting a medium grind in the fliter and dripper.  Just wet it thoroughly before dumping the water.

Do not rush the process.  Preferably use a goose spout kettle because it's far easier to control the pour.  Just use a thin spout if you can.   Once your kettle is piping hot and ready, wait about 45 seconds and then cover the grounds with just enough water.

After waiting about 30 secs pour the rest of the water pretty slowly but continuously from the center and then counterclockwise.  It should take about 3 1/2 mins.

When you're done pouring the water give it one gentle stir to extract from all the grounds stuck on the sides of the filter. 

Lastly, remove the filter immediately after the water goes through. You don't want to let it sit and have the last few drops ruin the batch.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2021, 12:22:00 AM »
Moka pot my man.

I haven't used a Moka Pot but I've heard it's a bit tricky to get it just right.  Do you drink your coffee black, with cream, or both?  Isn't the grind relatively coarse? 

1SE

• All American
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2021, 01:27:25 AM »
I haven't used a Moka Pot but I've heard it's a bit tricky to get it just right.  Do you drink your coffee black, with cream, or both?  Isn't the grind relatively coarse? 

I'm not at your level of afficianadoing but I think they're pretty idiot proof. We use a fine grind and I take cream and my.wife drinks black and we both wouldn't use anything else (we used to press, haven't tried the fancy drip) but it uses about 2tsp a cup.

It's great for us because we each only drink 1 cup in the morning so each cup.ia completely fresh.
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2021, 05:06:06 AM »
Breakfast today…..cup of Green Mountain coffee, eggs, and elephant bacon.

K State, we got this. 

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2021, 06:36:13 AM »

K State, we got this.

I love my Keurig too.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2021, 07:31:16 AM »
I'm not at your level of afficianadoing but I think they're pretty idiot proof. We use a fine grind and I take cream and my.wife drinks black and we both wouldn't use anything else (we used to press, haven't tried the fancy drip) but it uses about 2tsp a cup.

It's great for us because we each only drink 1 cup in the morning so each cup.ia completely fresh.

Interesting.  I always thought you didn't want a fine grind when using a Moka Pot.  I may have to get one now and test it out!!

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2021, 07:43:57 AM »
I went out and bought a Keurig cup that’s refillable. $5.00 at Jewel and I can use any coffee I want.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2021, 08:01:31 AM »
Having my morning diet soft drink.

My phone and scoop were having a helluva fight over the word 'c a f f e i n a t e d'
« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 08:46:55 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2021, 08:10:47 AM »

K State, we got this.

I prefer my condor eggs over easy.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2021, 08:22:03 AM »

K State, we got this.

There is ZERO reason to belittle and ridicule elephants in any way, shape, or form.  Totally uncalled for and profoundly disturbing.  What you should do is donate every penny you spend on Green Mountain black paste and donate to the Amboseli Trust for Elephants. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2021, 08:53:32 AM »
There is ZERO reason to belittle and ridicule elephants in any way, shape, or form.

Totally agree, Muggs. Their tusks are so tasty, I don't know why anybody would belittle 'em!

Plus, elephants are really big, so it's not easy to belittle 'em.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2021, 08:55:35 AM »
Elephant ears are one one of the midwest's great county fair delicacies.   

feedback