[Today at 11:00:11 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by MU82
[Today at 07:00:36 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2022 MLB Thread  (Read 123254 times)

shoothoops

• All American
Re: 2022 MLB Thread
« Reply #1075 on: August 22, 2022, 03:16:17 PM »
Yadi #22 on the all-time list between Kendall and Porter. Not even the best ever Cardinal or Rican catcher.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/leaders/jaws_C.shtml

Lol.

JAWS:

“Note that only batting is used to determine averages at a given position.”

He has a higher fwar than fellow Cardinal Catcher Hall of Famer Ted Simmons from your same referenced place. Lol.

With a score of 100 being a Hall of Famer, Molina checked in at 169 at the end of last season, at the Bill James Hall of Famer Monitor.

Gonna be a rough time for some here in a few years.

What a time to be alive.

https://twitter.com/stlsportscntrl/status/1560434524647038976?s=21&t=Qvx-d0y30pt3gjW9cWm7gg

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1076 on: August 22, 2022, 03:32:22 PM »
Lol.

JAWS:

He has a higher fwar than fellow Cardinal Catcher Hall of Famer Ted Simmons from your same referenced place. Lol.

With a score of 100 being a Hall of Famer, Molina checked in at 169 at the end of last season, at the Bill James Hall of Famer Monitor.

What a time to be alive.

https://twitter.com/stlsportscntrl/status/1560434524647038976?s=21&t=Qvx-d0y30pt3gjW9cWm7gg

I don't know what is more delusional.  You thinking you have no STL bias or thinking that Molina being elected to the HOF is honestly going to bother anywhere here for more than 30 seconds. 

But go ahead and keep thinking your random Cardinals Twitter posts are HILARIOUS trolls.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1077 on: August 22, 2022, 03:41:14 PM »
I don't know what is more delusional.  You thinking you have no STL bias or thinking that Molina being elected to the HOF is honestly going to bother anywhere here for more than 30 seconds. 

But go ahead and keep thinking your random Cardinals Twitter posts are HILARIOUS trolls.

Gee, I don’t know Milwaukee Cubs fan, a dozen posts in such a short time, including yours, seems a little triggered to me.

I wish there were more New York and L.A. posts, but the Cards seem to move the needle here more.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1078 on: August 22, 2022, 03:48:44 PM »
Lol.

JAWS:

What a time to be alive.

Jaffe with roots to Baseball Prospectus, MLB, SI is a joke?  Yadi is Darrell Porter, another Cardinal catcher. Maybe James' qualitative add gets him over?  But it's borderline.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1079 on: August 22, 2022, 04:04:31 PM »
Jaffe with roots to Baseball Prospectus, MLB, SI is a joke?  Yadi is Darrell Porter, another Cardinal catcher. Maybe James' qualitative add gets him over?  But it's borderline.

You can either include FanGraphs WAR and other places mentioned such as Bill James etc…or you can keep posting the same thing. That’s up to you.

We’ll see if Darrell Porter can also get into the Hall of Fame with Molina.

I do appreciate your passion for the topic.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1080 on: August 22, 2022, 04:07:14 PM »
Gee, I don’t know Milwaukee Cubs fan, a dozen posts in such a short time, including yours, seems a little triggered to me.

I wish there were more New York and L.A. posts, but the Cards seem to move the needle here more.

Oh yes, you post STL-related stuff in 90% of your non-Tennis posts and RUSH to defend the city at all costs ONLY cause thats the topic du jour  :o.  Gotcha.

Its cute how you think this "Milwaukee Cubs fan" BS is somehow damning.  Almost as cute as thinking people are TRIGGERED when you're constantly being screwed with cause its a messageboard mid summer.

Can't wait for the next Cardenales tweet!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1081 on: August 22, 2022, 04:46:21 PM »
I have no problem with Yadi going to the Hall. There are a lot of borderline (or worse) players in the HoF.

Interesting that you have no problem with an alleged team leader quitting on the club during a pennant race, but I guess not too surprising in that you'd have defended Saddam Hussein if he had played an inning for the Cardinals.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1082 on: August 22, 2022, 04:56:49 PM »
I have no problem with Yadi going to the Hall. There are a lot of borderline (or worse) players in the HoF.

Interesting that you have no problem with an alleged team leader quitting on the club during a pennant race, but I guess not too surprising in that you'd have defended Saddam Hussein if he had played an inning for the Cardinals.

If they put Yadi in the Hall of Fame, they should turn the place into a parking lot.  Or better yet, a meth lab to fully embrace St. Louis
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1083 on: August 22, 2022, 05:00:48 PM »
If they put Yadi in the Hall of Fame, they should turn the place into a parking lot.  Or better yet, a meth lab to fully embrace St. Louis

Now now ... St. Louis also has slums, bad pizza and ribs, and make-believe ravioli.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1084 on: August 22, 2022, 05:42:10 PM »
Were baseballs miraculously sticking to Yadi’s chest protector because of the spider tack that the Cards pitchers were using, it was Yadi bathing his chest protector in pine tar before games?

My guess is both. No sheet he has been a great defensive catcher. Dude cheats as much as his roiding first base buddy.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1085 on: August 22, 2022, 05:52:19 PM »
Now now ... St. Louis also has slums, bad pizza and ribs, and make-believe ravioli.

low blow there. It's real ravioli; they just deep fry it and call it "toasted."
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1086 on: August 22, 2022, 06:12:53 PM »
Oh yes, you post STL-related stuff in 90% of your non-Tennis posts and RUSH to defend the city at all costs ONLY cause thats the topic du jour  :o.  Gotcha.

Its cute how you think this "Milwaukee Cubs fan" BS is somehow damning.  Almost as cute as thinking people are TRIGGERED when you're constantly being screwed with cause its a messageboard mid summer.

Can't wait for the next Cardenales tweet!

Gee I don’t know, I think I know triggered when I see triggered, and you seem a bit triggered. We can talk about what is it you do in the triggered club, the properties of being triggered, etc…

If only my NCAA Women’s Soccer post the other day would have received this kid of interest. Tell me, are you concerned that Marquette was non-competitive in its 3-0 loss to Notre Dame the other day? Or do you think Frank can up the recruiting level a bit and get something going? I want a dozen posts on that. Sigh. But that’s a different thread.

This is the baseball thread. Some of us, some more than others, are discussing baseball.

If discussing baseball, or the Cardinals is being screwed with, how blessed am I? Truly blessed.

I don’t think anyone cares if you are a Milwaukee Cubs fan, or a Miami of Ohio Marquette fan. Subway alums have equal value here, at least with me. Big series for the Cubbies this week.

Bummer you missed my recent post about Goldschmidt, Arenado, vaccines and boosted. I would have thought some would have it printed out and framed by now. You’d think that would have been taken care of as a matter of public health, let alone to enter other countries or to play baseball. Oh well.

Now I can go back to all of my negative posts about Milwaukee, Chicago, Cubs and Brewers. Oh wait…

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Borderline Yadi pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 06:16:59 PM by shoothoops »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1087 on: August 22, 2022, 07:01:04 PM »
Kopeck leaves in first inning with knee pain. White Sox rally from down 4-0 to tie it at 4, only to have Royals win on 2 HBPs, single and walk.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1088 on: August 22, 2022, 08:56:21 PM »

On an absolute rampage.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1089 on: August 22, 2022, 09:48:40 PM »
Gee I don’t know, I think I know triggered when I see triggered, and you seem a bit triggered. We can talk about what is it you do in the triggered club, the properties of being triggered, etc…

If only my NCAA Women’s Soccer post the other day would have received this kid of interest. Tell me, are you concerned that Marquette was non-competitive in its 3-0 loss to Notre Dame the other day? Or do you think Frank can up the recruiting level a bit and get something going? I want a dozen posts on that. Sigh. But that’s a different thread.

This is the baseball thread. Some of us, some more than others, are discussing baseball.

If discussing baseball, or the Cardinals is being screwed with, how blessed am I? Truly blessed.

I don’t think anyone cares if you are a Milwaukee Cubs fan, or a Miami of Ohio Marquette fan. Subway alums have equal value here, at least with me. Big series for the Cubbies this week.

Bummer you missed my recent post about Goldschmidt, Arenado, vaccines and boosted. I would have thought some would have it printed out and framed by now. You’d think that would have been taken care of as a matter of public health, let alone to enter other countries or to play baseball. Oh well.

Now I can go back to all of my negative posts about Milwaukee, Chicago, Cubs and Brewers. Oh wait…

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Borderline Yadi pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

The irony of you calling anyone else triggered and then producing this novel…
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1090 on: August 22, 2022, 09:57:07 PM »

On an absolute rampage.

449th different pitcher that he's homered against. (Tied for 1st all tiime) 30th HR at Wrigley.

Lost in the shuffle is Jordan Montgomery going 4-0 with a 0.35 E.R.A. since he was picked up at the trade deadline from the Yankees. 99 pitches, 1 hit, no BB, 7 K's.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1091 on: August 22, 2022, 10:51:02 PM »
449th different pitcher that he's homered against. (Tied for 1st all tiime) 30th HR at Wrigley.

Lost in the shuffle is Jordan Montgomery going 4-0 with a 0.35 E.R.A. since he was picked up at the trade deadline from the Yankees. 99 pitches, 1 hit, no BB, 7 K's.

I expected a break out season from Montgomery this year but he really struggled the first half of the year. Maybe he was dealing with a nagging injury (a rumor that I heard).

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1092 on: August 23, 2022, 05:36:57 AM »
The irony of you calling anyone else triggered and then producing this novel…

Roid rage

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #1093 on: August 23, 2022, 06:39:44 AM »
111 games for Pujols first 7 dingers.  Now 7 more in his last 10 games.  At age 42.  Just so happens to be so close to a major and rarely reached career milestone in his final season, and precious time left to get there.

Just reeks of juicing. He’s been on a steady decline for years and doing little before this recent binge.  Now suddenly he can’t stop hitting home runs.  Come on.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 06:45:54 AM by HutchwasClutch »

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1094 on: August 23, 2022, 07:17:47 AM »
111 games for Pujols first 7 dingers.  Now 7 more in his last 10 games.  At age 42.  Just so happens to be so close to a major and rarely reached career milestone in his final season, and precious time left to get there.

Just reeks of juicing. He’s been on a steady decline for years and doing little before this recent binge.  Now suddenly he can’t stop hitting home runs.  Come on.

It’s hard to believe a Cardinals player might cheat

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #1095 on: August 23, 2022, 08:18:36 AM »
It’s hard to believe a Cardinals player might cheat

I’m not surprised in the least actually. But the narrative is not the least bit skeptical by many, including some right here.  That’s why it needs to be said. 

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1096 on: August 23, 2022, 08:30:13 AM »
I don't really think juicing works like that. You don't just start taking something then start hitting home runs.  I think its just a guy on a hot streak, which will inevitably cool down before the end of the year.  Last year, he had a HR every 17.4 PA. This year its every 16.5.

I don't think that's all that much of a difference considering he hardly got consistent ABs at the end of last year.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #1097 on: August 23, 2022, 08:40:27 AM »
Greatness is emerging in the National League Central Division. All you Cub fans are doomed to another 102 years before the next World Series -- if you're lucky!

Despite huge pressure to trade the future of the franchise for Juan Soto, the Cardinals went after pitching. And, wow, has that made a difference. And they gave up next to nothing for what they received.

Yadi is looking good, Albert's dinging and Paul and Nolan look like the MVPs they are. If we get Flaherty back this year (not optimistic), this could be THE year!

Biggest concern: Wainwright is overworked and Dakota Hudson has been inconsistent.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1098 on: August 23, 2022, 08:42:17 AM »
Congratulations to Pujols on his hot streak.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1099 on: August 23, 2022, 08:46:32 AM »
I don't really think juicing works like that. You don't just start taking something then start hitting home runs.  I think its just a guy on a hot streak, which will inevitably cool down before the end of the year.  Last year, he had a HR every 17.4 PA. This year its every 16.5.

I don't think that's all that much of a difference considering he hardly got consistent ABs at the end of last year.

Exactly.

We can talk all day about if Pujols juiced in the past.

But Roids dont work where you take them and just start mashing bombs for 10 days straight on whim.

But hey, if Albert is able to juice undetected and see immediate results, I guess everyone should try and emmulate his strategy.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....