collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2022 MLB Thread  (Read 122749 times)

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
Re: 2022 MLB Thread
« Reply #550 on: May 22, 2022, 10:17:27 PM »
Go ahead and say to his face that it’s not racist then.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #551 on: May 22, 2022, 10:33:13 PM »
Well again, thats the thing. All we have is what we are told and JD says its been over and over and only now did TA have a problem with it.

TA could deny that(to my knowledge he hasnt) and then we would be in a he said/she said situation.

Everything we have is assumptions. Aside from what we know(TA made the first Jackie reference unsubstantiated) and what JD says was his intent and history of using the insult.

Now is TA allow to say he didnt like a comment, absolutely.

But immediatley tossing out racist without allowing JD to give any context is on par with that base coach for the Giants or Padres(dont remember what team) that cried racism to the media earlier this year on something that was blatantly not racist.

It just seems to be a go to deflect.

And of course, there are plenty of words that could be used that would be immediately ok to go right to racism. Sup Jackie? Major stretch.

Have you been been asleep for the last 23 months? The guy referred to himself as like a modern day Jackie Robinson. How dare Donaldson reference that. I learned during my mandatory DEI training with Dr. Kendi ($20k plus a required 5000 books purchased well spent) that racism doesn’t have to be intended in comments or actions. If someone interprets racism, even later on,mthen punishment must be handed down. Donaldson must never play Baseball again, Anderson decided he crossed the line by being called something he called himself.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #552 on: May 22, 2022, 11:09:17 PM »
Go ahead and say to his face that it’s not racist then.

Uhhh ok?

You gonna send Tim on over to me?

Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #553 on: May 23, 2022, 12:32:26 AM »
Uhhh ok?

You gonna send Tim on over to me?

Sure, because you seem to know how he should feel about things

tower912

• All American
« Reply #554 on: May 23, 2022, 06:35:27 AM »
Yadi now a pitcher, too. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #555 on: May 23, 2022, 06:48:33 AM »
Yadi now a the best pitcher ever.

FIFY
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #556 on: May 23, 2022, 08:03:59 AM »
Sure, because you seem to know how he should feel about things

Great send him over

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #558 on: May 23, 2022, 05:01:35 PM »
I’m not a fan of Donaldson getting suspended a game over this.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #559 on: May 23, 2022, 05:05:06 PM »

Yep.  And nothing for Grandal who decided to get face to face with him and jaw at him for minutes which is what actually lead to the whole "bench clearing".  Its dumb

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #560 on: May 23, 2022, 06:06:56 PM »
Yep.  And nothing for Grandal who decided to get face to face with him and jaw at him for minutes which is what actually lead to the whole "bench clearing".  Its dumb

Thats craziest thing.

Their reasoning for suspended Donaldson is his comment basically incited a benches clearing incident.

His comment was 5 innings priors. Grandal incited the benches clearly. He absolutely needs to be suspended too.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #561 on: May 23, 2022, 07:27:06 PM »
Grandal deserves to get suspended? Lol.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #562 on: May 23, 2022, 07:29:42 PM »

MLB is woke, aína.  You should be in favor of this move.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #563 on: May 23, 2022, 11:26:46 PM »

Dumb is a good word for it.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #564 on: May 24, 2022, 12:43:39 AM »
Grandal deserves to get suspended? Lol.

He doesn’t…but neither did Donaldson.  But if it was truly about what created an actual in game disturbance, Grandal is the one who escalated on field.  But it’s all much ado about nothing

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #565 on: May 24, 2022, 08:14:32 PM »
Looking like Kopech will be the Sox Cy contender not Cease.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #566 on: May 24, 2022, 11:09:15 PM »
He doesn’t…but neither did Donaldson.  But if it was truly about what created an actual in game disturbance, Grandal is the one who escalated on field.  But it’s all much ado about nothing

Of course Donaldson deserved it. How many Yankee players or coaches stood up for him? I suppose next you will defend the fans who chanted "Jackie" the next day as not being racist.

As the Athletic’s James Fegan put it, Donaldson’s comment “called to mind a long history in this country of racial minorities being derisively referred to by the names of celebrities of the same race — often implying that racial minorities are an indistinguishable and largely irrelevant monolith to the person casting the insult. That this instance referenced the Black American who desegregated a sport in the face of fierce and long-enduring resistance, only made it more pointed.”

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #567 on: May 25, 2022, 10:38:00 AM »
Of course Donaldson deserved it. How many Yankee players or coaches stood up for him? I suppose next you will defend the fans who chanted "Jackie" the next day as not being racist.

As the Athletic’s James Fegan put it, Donaldson’s comment “called to mind a long history in this country of racial minorities being derisively referred to by the names of celebrities of the same race — often implying that racial minorities are an indistinguishable and largely irrelevant monolith to the person casting the insult. That this instance referenced the Black American who desegregated a sport in the face of fierce and long-enduring resistance, only made it more pointed.”

I'll never defend obnoxious Yankees fans for anything.  But that doesn't mean anything.  But go ahead with stupid personal attacks.

And Boone defended him.  He said it wasn't malicious/racist, but said it wasn't smart.  Which is fine cause Donaldson has no history of racism, just being a sh** stirrer and hothead.

Fegan's comment is in a vacuum ignoring Tim Anderson's prior Jackie comment.  It was literally mocking a single person for a specific comment they made, nothing about some indistinguishable monolith.  This isn't jeeringly saying to another player "ok MLK" or "ok Malcom X" just cause they were vocal about civil rights.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #568 on: May 25, 2022, 10:48:06 AM »

This is an embarrasing level of ignorance.

Its been well establsihed he didn't pull the name "Jackie" out of thin air.

If he had, no one would have had any idea wtf it even meant.

Nothing was implied, TA said to call himself Jackie, Donaldson obliged.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #569 on: May 25, 2022, 12:21:35 PM »
This is an embarrasing level of ignorance.

Its been well establsihed he didn't pull the name "Jackie" out of thin air.

If he had, no one would have had any idea wtf it even meant.

You're simply lying.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #570 on: May 25, 2022, 12:28:33 PM »
You're simply lying.

Tough to argue with this level of delusion.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #571 on: May 25, 2022, 12:37:19 PM »
I'll never defend obnoxious Yankees fans for anything.  But that doesn't mean anything.  But go ahead with stupid personal attacks.

And Boone defended him.  He said it wasn't malicious/racist, but said it wasn't smart.  Which is fine cause Donaldson has no history of racism, just being a sh** stirrer and hothead.

Fegan's comment is in a vacuum ignoring Tim Anderson's prior Jackie comment.  It was literally mocking a single person for a specific comment they made, nothing about some indistinguishable monolith.  This isn't jeeringly saying to another player "ok MLK" or "ok Malcom X" just cause they were vocal about civil rights.

That was most certainly the reply I expected.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #572 on: May 25, 2022, 12:38:18 PM »

I don't think this is accurate.  He said “I kind of feel like today’s Jackie Robinson..."  I don't think ever invited others to call him that.

Here's the article where that came from.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/04/30/tim-anderson-white-sox-speaks-out
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #573 on: May 25, 2022, 12:40:15 PM »
Yadi now a pitcher, too.
Did he wear his chest protector full of stick'um while pitching?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #574 on: May 25, 2022, 12:49:53 PM »

It does look like Donaldson called him Jackie in the past and Anderson told (or at least I’m assuming) him not to call him that. It sounds like the two aren’t particularly fond of each other based on a slide.

So, I’m not sure it’s racially motivated but rather Donaldson needling him for a comment that may seem like Anderson was comparing himself to Jackie Robinson. However, Donaldson shouldn’t have made the comment in my opinion.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/33978457/tim-anderson-addresses-josh-donaldson-incident-care-less-suspension