[Today at 08:18:48 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2022 MLB Thread  (Read 122735 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: 2022 MLB Thread
« Reply #475 on: April 25, 2022, 10:38:02 AM »
I didn't see the game, so I'll accept everybody's word that Hernandez was bad. He's been not very good for years.

But watching a dozen replays of the strikeout pitch to Schwarber, the pitch was an inch, maybe 2, out of the zone, and the catcher did a nice job of framing it. I've seen a LOT worse calls. But as I said, I understand that it seemed to be a culmination of crapola, and made Schwarber reach a boiling point.

I also understand that Schwarbs probably was in a foul mood anyway, given his strikeout pct of .308 and OBP of .246.

"I didn't see the game but I'll make fun of the player for being upset and call out his stats cause I watched replays of a single pitch"... ::) ::)

Schwarber was super explicit in arguing how terrible the zone was both ways from the jump.  It was a horrible zone all night, not even shading to one area, irrespective of team or pitcher.  And then in a critical position in a one run game, he made another brutal call.  I don't care if he was hitless for the last 3 seasons, every player has a right to lose their mind over that absolute BS that Hernandez has been allowed to perpetuate for well over a decade

MU82

• All American
« Reply #476 on: April 25, 2022, 11:01:29 AM »
"I didn't see the game but I'll make fun of the player for being upset and call out his stats cause I watched replays of a single pitch"... ::) ::)

Schwarber was super explicit in arguing how terrible the zone was both ways from the jump.  It was a horrible zone all night, not even shading to one area, irrespective of team or pitcher.  And then in a critical position in a one run game, he made another brutal call.  I don't care if he was hitless for the last 3 seasons, every player has a right to lose their mind over that absolute BS that Hernandez has been allowed to perpetuate for well over a decade

I think I pretty much said that, though not as colorfully as you did.

And shame on me for making fun of an $80M ballplayer who's batting .169 with a .653 OPS and who strikes out more than a nerd in a bar full of babes.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 11:21:43 AM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MUfan12

• All American

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #478 on: April 25, 2022, 11:51:53 AM »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #479 on: April 25, 2022, 07:42:15 PM »
Gott ain't worth a chit. Wasted a terrific performance by Burnes. If I were Corbin, I'd piss in the dude's cornflakes, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #480 on: April 25, 2022, 08:07:01 PM »
Gott ain't worth a chit. Wasted a terrific performance by Burnes. If I were Corbin, I'd piss in the dude's cornflakes, hey?

First earned runs allowed this year
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #481 on: April 25, 2022, 08:16:51 PM »
Peddle his ass, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #482 on: April 26, 2022, 05:51:25 PM »
Craig gonna keep a guy with an OPS of .600 hitting 3rd all year? It’s only been 2 seasons of this. His confidence will surely be shot if you drop him in the lineup. Because there’s so much further his performance could fall.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #483 on: April 26, 2022, 05:57:19 PM »
Maybe Brewers fans shouldn't spend so much time heckling Pederson.   Although I must say he had the best response.   432 feet is a lot of response.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #484 on: April 26, 2022, 06:11:08 PM »
Craig gonna keep a guy with an OPS of .600 hitting 3rd all year? It’s only been 2 seasons of this. His confidence will surely be shot if you drop him in the lineup. Because there’s so much further his performance could fall.

I’m not sure he’s got much confidence left at this point.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #485 on: April 26, 2022, 09:38:15 PM »
There isn’t one thing this Sox team does even average right now. They are eff’n awful.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #486 on: April 26, 2022, 10:10:16 PM »
Well, the Twins with the most circus win of all time salvaged a bleak night for Minny sports.

Wild final AB/play/ending.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #487 on: April 26, 2022, 11:21:29 PM »

I love counsell.  But not moving yelich down in the order is manager malpractice.

Bat him 6th.  Totally difference hitting approach than hitting 3rd.  Not as much pressure.  Not too embarrassing (e.g. batting him 8th or 9th) for a star. 

Counsell has to do something to get yelichs head and confidence back.  Trotting out the same ole every day is not working.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #488 on: April 26, 2022, 11:22:24 PM »
Well, the Twins with the most circus win of all time salvaged a bleak night for Minny sports.

Wild final AB/play/ending.

The footnote to that play...holy hell those Twins jerseys are INCREDIBLE.  I have zero allegiance or affinity for the Twins (besides being a huge Kirby Puckett fan in the early 90s) but I'd be tempted to wear at least a shirsey cause they are so sharp, same way as I have a throwback Orioles hat cause Ive always loved the cartoon bird

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #489 on: April 27, 2022, 06:57:37 AM »
The footnote to that play...holy hell those Twins jerseys are INCREDIBLE.  I have zero allegiance or affinity for the Twins (besides being a huge Kirby Puckett fan in the early 90s) but I'd be tempted to wear at least a shirsey cause they are so sharp, same way as I have a throwback Orioles hat cause Ive always loved the cartoon bird

Yeah the baby blues are really cool. I like the Twins jerseys in general. Much better than the Wild and Wolves.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #490 on: April 27, 2022, 07:33:06 AM »

When someone else in the lineup wants to start hitting too, I'm here for it. Right now, they have a team batting average of .211 and in the bottom 3rd.

I hope Antanasio can find money in his couch cushions because I don't know that any one player can fix this offensive lineup

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #491 on: April 27, 2022, 07:39:21 AM »
When someone else in the lineup wants to start hitting too, I'm here for it. Right now, they have a team batting average of .211 and in the bottom 3rd.

I hope Antanasio can find money in his couch cushions because I don't know that any one player can fix this offensive lineup

I’m a big Urias fan and think he’s capable of breaking out this year.

Even so, they need to find another bat.  I’m bullish on them being aggressive in the trade market and I think they’ll do so sooner than later.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #492 on: April 27, 2022, 07:56:24 AM »
Wood ya peddle Hader four a big bat, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #493 on: April 27, 2022, 08:36:02 AM »

Yes.  I’d have done it in the off-season, however.  I’d still do it

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #494 on: April 27, 2022, 10:23:16 AM »

Nope.  Next year, maybe.  But he's too valuable to the Brewers in his current role and he's under team control (and reasonably priced) for another season after this.  The big bats available in-season are going to be on losing teams--they're going to want prospects in return.  That's the kind of trades we'll see for a big bat or two.

Also, while I agree that moving Yelich down to the 5 hole would be worth trying, he's actually looking like a decent hitter.  His average is down, but he's his hard-hit rate is good and he's not striking out too much.  I expect him to bounce out of this soon and becoming at least a productive part of the lineup.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #495 on: April 27, 2022, 10:45:02 AM »

Since Devin can't find the strike zone I'd hang on to Hader.

If the wall puncher gets it together it gives you a little more wiggle room at the back end of the pen.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #496 on: April 27, 2022, 10:57:03 AM »
All of what I said about the offense being butt notwithstanding, the Brewers are currently on track for 100 wins in a VERY young season.

That is weighed heavily by playing the Pirates and Orioles, but Woodruff has also not yet been Woodruff.

Once Urias is back, I would add offense as soon as can be made available. Focus is on 1st, 2nd, and CF.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #497 on: April 27, 2022, 12:44:42 PM »
I’m a big Urias fan and think he’s capable of breaking out this year.

Even so, they need to find another bat.  I’m bullish on them being aggressive in the trade market and I think they’ll do so sooner than later.

I don't necessarily disagree, but...

Maybe like Mookie Betts or Kyle Tucker or Macus Semien or Carlos Correa or Ketel Marte or Avi Garcia or Kyle Schwarber or Whitt Merrifield or Joey Votto or Max Muncy or Danby Swanson or Brian Reynolds or Dylan Carlson or ....

Every one of those guys is batting under .200. They would have actually made our offense even worse these first 3 weeks.

The time will come when we see where we need help the most, but we are not there yet.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #498 on: April 27, 2022, 05:12:01 PM »
I don't think I'd trade Hader. The way the Brewers are built they need a lights out rotation the top 2 guys in the pen have to be stellar. They are too far away on the offensive end to abandon that formula.

I would have been open to it a year or two ago but they've gone all in on pitching and defense.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #499 on: April 27, 2022, 10:44:50 PM »
Boy, way to early to know how Joe Ryans career turns out but hes really really intriguing.

Safest bet is a consistent strong #3 or lower end 2. But has the potential to be an ace. Could also really get figured out.

His fastball is sneaky as heck. But if he doesnt develop more with it there is a chance teams figure it out and devour it.

But if he does develop the other pitches, could be scary good.

Either way hes got the mindset. Hes stoic on the mound. Knows he belongs. Not fidgety like Berrios at any sign of trouble

feedback