[Today at 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:09:20 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by tower912
[Today at 02:42:24 PM]

Best case scenarios by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:41:30 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Bonnie game thread  (Read 15384 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Bonnie game thread
« Reply #225 on: November 21, 2021, 09:20:01 PM »
They kicked our ass on national TV and earned the right to gloat. Nice school nice team. Save this bs for Wisconsin and Notre Dame.

Same.
Wasn't so long ago that MU fans (and players?) were singing "Country Roads."

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #226 on: November 21, 2021, 09:22:13 PM »
Funny, but that's not what I heard before the game. This team is good and will go deep into the tournament. No telling where they might end up. Feel bad for you guys. never really had a chance.

“Feel bad for you guys. Never really had a chance”? Are you kidding me… you have 5 seniors, we have 10 freshman. Your team is nothing more than a flash in the pan. After this year you’ll go back to be just another buy game for schools to feast on. Enjoy it while lasts
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 06:19:13 AM by goldeneagle91114 »

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #227 on: November 21, 2021, 09:23:04 PM »
Same.
Wasn't so long ago that MU fans (and players?) were singing "Country Roads."

I was about to say the same. Exactly. I would have been pissed as a WVU fan seeing Kolek do that on the free throw line during the game. You have to also be able to take it when you are the fence and not the dog.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #228 on: November 21, 2021, 09:36:42 PM »
Funny, but that's not what I heard before the game. This team is good and will go deep into the tournament. No telling where they might end up. Feel bad for you guys. never really had a chance.

Don’t feel bad for us. I will put our tradition and  tourney history against you guys all day every day.

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #229 on: November 21, 2021, 09:41:42 PM »
Can a starting backcourt put up a worse performance?  0-13 shooting along with 3 assists vs 5 turnovers collectively.

dad's couch

• Starter
« Reply #230 on: November 21, 2021, 09:49:50 PM »
Who is this little Bonnie Bitch? “Feel bad for you guys. Never really had a chance”? Are you fuc*in kidding me… you have 5 seniors, we have 10 freshman. Your team is nothing more than a flash in the pan. After this year you’ll go back to be just another buy game for schools to feast on. Enjoy it while lasts you fuc*in jerk off.

Can we stop with the 10 freshmen. Three of them played over 20 games last year. We also have 3 five-year seniors and Oso who didn't play much but still has a year of DI experience. We do have 12 guys who played a total of 5 games each with this coach but we are not that inexperienced.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #231 on: November 21, 2021, 09:53:42 PM »
Can we stop with the 10 freshmen. Three of them played over 20 games last year. We also have 3 five-year seniors and Oso who didn't play much but still has a year of DI experience. We do have 12 guys who played a total of 5 games each with this coach but we are not that inexperienced.

Agreed.  Inexperienced in the system, but starting Morsell, Kuath, OMP, Kolek and Lewis is not an inexperienced team.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #232 on: November 21, 2021, 09:57:58 PM »

We have 4 freshman playing this year. It’s just a dumb Covid thing that others are considered “freshman”.

Included in the “10” are a walk on, a redshirt, and a couple of guys who saw major minutes last year. It’s silly.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #233 on: November 21, 2021, 09:59:42 PM »
Can a starting backcourt put up a worse performance?  0-13 shooting along with 3 assists vs 5 turnovers collectively.

Not a particularly good performance.  :)

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #234 on: November 21, 2021, 10:18:02 PM »
Excuse my ignorance but has SBU made the tournament since Bob Lanier?

They haven't won a tourney game that wasn't on a Tuesday in Dayton since Lanier, so there's that. 

GoBonnies

• Walk-On
« Reply #235 on: November 21, 2021, 10:23:27 PM »
Good Christ.

I’m sorry for the unnatural carnal knowledgeing dummie Bona fan on here.

Happy for the win, but it’s still a win in November.

Always have respect for the hoops-first schools like Marquette and other BE clubs.

CBB is always a funky thing. You guys will be fine. Best of luck the rest of the way.

Please, please understand not all of our fans are this stupid.

He’s probably the guy who was chirping Temple fans saying you don’t want to face the Bonnies any more…mind you, we are 7-52 all time against the Owls.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #236 on: November 21, 2021, 10:26:07 PM »

We are ranked 351st out of 358 in experience. We are extremely inexperienced.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #237 on: November 21, 2021, 10:28:07 PM »
Agree with what others have said, Bonnies earned the right to gloat, they handed us our butts.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #238 on: November 21, 2021, 10:30:16 PM »

Hah, welcome to our humorous word filter.  And we know "unnatural" is not the normal usage.  Being an island on the internet, we don't get enough trash talk sometimes. 

It was a smackdown, but I hope your guys do the same to everyone else and make our guys look better. 

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #239 on: November 21, 2021, 10:30:52 PM »
We are ranked 351st out of 358 in experience. We are extremely inexperienced.

Our bench is extremely inexperienced.  And that's on Shaka.  Most good D1 teams got older this year via the portal.

OffTheGlass

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #240 on: November 21, 2021, 10:50:43 PM »
Teams got older by bringing in 1 year guys. Why would Shaka do that as that’s not how you rebuild a program. He brought in a few nice older players, but I love the young guys. Let them gain experience as we’re not going deep in March without developing these guys and continuing to recruit high level freshman year in and year out. It’ll happen, but making our team older this year is a bandaid approach.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #241 on: November 21, 2021, 10:53:54 PM »
Teams got older by bringing in 1 year guys. Why would Shaka do that as that’s not how you rebuild a program. He brought in a few nice older players, but I love the young guys. Let them gain experience as we’re not going deep in March without developing these guys and continuing to recruit high level freshman year in and year out. It’ll happen, but making our team older this year is a bandaid approach.

You're saying he should have not brought in Morsell or Kuath?

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #242 on: November 21, 2021, 10:56:52 PM »
Good Christ.

Always have respect for the hoops-first schools like Marquette and other BE clubs.

CBB is always a funky thing. You guys will be fine. Best of luck the rest of the way.

He’s probably the guy who was chirping Temple fans saying you don’t want to face the Bonnies any more…mind you, we are 7-52 all time against the Owls.

I met Fr Ross at the game. What a great guy and representative of St Bonnie’s. Congrats on the win and championship!

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #243 on: November 21, 2021, 10:58:59 PM »
You're saying he should have not brought in Morsell or Kuath?

Not at all what he was saying, IMO.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #244 on: November 21, 2021, 11:39:51 PM »
Who is this little Bonnie Bitch? “Feel bad for you guys. Never really had a chance”? Are you fuc*in kidding me… you have 5 seniors, we have 10 freshman. Your team is nothing more than a flash in the pan. After this year you’ll go back to be just another buy game for schools to feast on. Enjoy it while lasts you fuc*in jerk off.

Grow up! You embarrass us all.

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #245 on: November 22, 2021, 06:10:18 AM »
Grow up! You embarrass us all.

Listen, I get that you joined this board in 2017, during the height of the Wojo era, and probably think our culture is all sweater vest and letter writing. But don’t go all “dad” mode on me and talk about I embarrassed you.

What’s embarrassing is when a fan from another team creates a name simply to jump onto the boards and kick the MU fan base when we’re down. Last night was ugly, we all know it. We don’t need a Bonnie taking shots at us on our own boards on top of it.

I’m not going to apologize to him our or you for taking 30 seconds out of my day to call his crap out.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #246 on: November 22, 2021, 06:12:10 AM »
Bonnies, nice game.  Good team.  Beat Dayton.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #247 on: November 22, 2021, 07:33:49 AM »
Good Christ.

I like that you guy showed up here . In fact I hope he continues to a show up . I wish mor opponent fans would show up . So need to apologize .

Good luck the rest of your season and hope your team makes it deep into the tournament
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

GoBonnies

• Walk-On
« Reply #248 on: November 22, 2021, 07:43:57 AM »
Thanks, Herman.

I visit teams boards occasionally. Not to boast, but to answer questions or clear up misconceptions about SBU.

Seems like we always have a few fans that act like clowns when we are having a good year. Hope they don’t leave a sour taste in your mouth of what Bonnies fans are really like.

Best of luck the rest of the OOC and in Big East Play.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #249 on: November 22, 2021, 08:15:26 AM »
Difficult to find positives from last night but at least our T was not called for having 6 players on the court. Clemson took the bball expression "6th man" literally.  ;D
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

feedback