[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Rittenhouse Volume 3  (Read 18366 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Rittenhouse Volume 3
« Reply #225 on: November 24, 2021, 01:47:17 PM »
Video evidence that the accused leaked because they thought it would exonerate them.

It's Georgia, these guys probably thought they were going to get a medal.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #226 on: November 24, 2021, 01:47:26 PM »
Where did you see that?  I haven’t seen anything on a decision yet?

I just heard it on the radio.  They'll get life imprisonment.  Good news.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #227 on: November 24, 2021, 01:50:32 PM »
Ding ding ding

But why let facts get in the way of a good narrative?

And even with the video evidence, the original prosecutor tried for months to bury the case.
Wasn't until the video went public that anything happened.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #228 on: November 24, 2021, 01:51:50 PM »
It's Georgia, these guys probably thought they were going to get a medal.

If so they thought wrong and your comment seems like a unnecessary cheap shot on the citizens of Georgie.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #229 on: November 24, 2021, 01:58:33 PM »
If so they thought wrong and your comment seems like a unnecessary cheap shot on the citizens of Georgie.

Nah, I assure you, it is well deserved.  Pictured top is the state flag of Georgia (decided by 73.1% of Georgians in 2003) and bottom is the flag of the short lived, highly racist, traitorous Confederate States of America.

But we're off topic enough so I'll stop.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #230 on: November 24, 2021, 02:00:17 PM »
I didn’t follow this case as closely as the Rittenhouse one, but the one parallel I see between Arbery and Rittenhouse was the concept of provocation. You can’t claim that it was self defense if you are the one who started it. Thought that was checkmate for the 3 men in Georgia.

Rittenhouse would have (and should have according to the law) also been found guilty if there was enough evidence he had provoked the people who were killed.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #231 on: November 24, 2021, 02:02:04 PM »

They'll be along to challenge Hards to a duel any moment now.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #232 on: November 24, 2021, 02:29:40 PM »
I guess I have to reevaluate the fact that I had  a great time in Atlanta last month. with people of multiple races and ethnicities, pretty much at every establishment.  I'll be sure on my next visit I'm prepared to deal with how horrible the community is there. 

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #233 on: November 24, 2021, 02:38:37 PM »
I guess I have to reevaluate the fact that I had a great time in Atlanta last month. with people of multiple races and ethnicities, pretty much at every establishment.  I'll be sure on my next visit I'm prepared to deal with how horrible the community is there. 

I have family in Atlanta, and colleagues. There are wonderful people with great food & a long history of messed up culture and deep-seated racism that's hard to believe still exists having lived in the North for most of my life.

It can be both.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #234 on: November 24, 2021, 02:46:22 PM »
Racism doesn’t exist because in Georgia because Mugs had a nice time in Atlanta. 🙄🙄🙄
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #235 on: November 24, 2021, 02:49:21 PM »
Racism doesn’t exist because in Georgia because Mugs had a nice time in Atlanta. 🙄🙄🙄

I spent a night in Chicago recently and not only wasn't I murdered, but I didn't see a single shooting.
What's all this nonsense about gun violence?

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #236 on: November 24, 2021, 02:52:03 PM »
I spent a night in Chicago recently and not only wasn't I murdered, but I didn't see a single shooting.
What's all this nonsense about gun violence?
You must have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express....
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #237 on: November 24, 2021, 02:53:30 PM »
I guess I have to reevaluate the fact that I had  a great time in Atlanta last month. with people of multiple races and ethnicities, pretty much at every establishment.  I'll be sure on my next visit I'm prepared to deal with how horrible the community is there.

I'm glad you had fun in the largest most diverse city in Atlanta.  I suggest you visit anywhere outside the metro area before absolving the state of its racist roots. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #238 on: November 24, 2021, 02:55:17 PM »
I have family in Atlanta, and colleagues. There are wonderful people with great food & a long history of messed up culture and deep-seated racism that's hard to believe still exists having lived in the North for most of my life.

It can be both.

There is deep seated racism among individuals in every major city in the world among other prejudices.  I think because of the racial demographics, if you're going to prejudge people, Atlanta may be the least racist major city in the USA.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #239 on: November 24, 2021, 03:33:03 PM »
There is deep seated racism among individuals in every major city in the world among other prejudices.  I think because of the racial demographics, if you're going to prejudge people, Atlanta may be the least racist major city in the USA.

What if I were to tell you there are vast swaths of Georgia that are not Atlanta?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #240 on: November 24, 2021, 04:21:36 PM »

It's different down there, it's clear you haven't spent a lot of time in the South. You don't hear the 'hard R' in public in restaurants in Chicago like you do in Memphis and Atlanta. Nobody is calling the server at the restaurant 'boy' in Chicago, cause in the North you'd get slapped for that.

There's a lot of beautiful wonderful people making their way through the world down there. At the same time everyone's that the same age as my grandparents, aunts, and uncles went to segregated schools down there. The people that beat the crap out of the folks on the Selma march still live down there. It's not like they've changed. I'm related to them, I've asked them.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #241 on: November 24, 2021, 04:29:57 PM »
nm
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 05:44:58 PM by forgetful »

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #242 on: November 24, 2021, 09:14:57 PM »
It's RuralGeorgia, these guys probably thought they were going to get a medal.
We’re way more evolved in the ATL

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #243 on: November 24, 2021, 09:54:08 PM »
Curious what the Rittenhouse supporters think of this case.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/albertsamaha/marc-wilson-self-defense-case

Note: The defendant in this case was denied bail as he was deemed a danger to society because of the accused crimes.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #244 on: November 24, 2021, 10:24:48 PM »
It's different down there, it's clear you haven't spent a lot of time in the South. You don't hear the 'hard R' in public in restaurants in Chicago like you do in Memphis and Atlanta. Nobody is calling the server at the restaurant 'boy' in Chicago, cause in the North you'd get slapped for that.

There's a lot of beautiful wonderful people making their way through the world down there. At the same time everyone's that the same age as my grandparents, aunts, and uncles went to segregated schools down there. The people that beat the crap out of the folks on the Selma march still live down there. It's not like they've changed. I'm related to them, I've asked them.

Sorry you have a piece of $hit family. Don’t let your hatred for them make you the idiot who paints people with an unfairly broad brush.

But I guess it’s too late for that.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #245 on: November 25, 2021, 06:16:16 AM »
Curious what the Rittenhouse supporters think of this case.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/albertsamaha/marc-wilson-self-defense-case

Note: The defendant in this case was denied bail as he was deemed a danger to society because of the accused crimes.

This is the first I’ve read about it so it would be silly to comment without seeing the facts of the case presented at trial. 

For his sake I hope their is video evidence to help him back up his claims.  The video evidence IMO is the only thing that saved Kyle during his trial.

Happy Thanksgiving Forgetful!!

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #246 on: November 25, 2021, 06:28:23 AM »
Sorry you have a piece of $hit family. Don’t let your hatred for them make you the idiot who paints people with an unfairly broad brush.

When you’re a hammer…….

Goose

• All American
« Reply #247 on: November 25, 2021, 07:11:05 AM »
Lenny

Once again, you put an early morning smile on my face.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #248 on: November 25, 2021, 07:12:17 AM »
Hey, now.

😱

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #249 on: November 25, 2021, 10:11:26 AM »

Wow. Just wow.