[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU Hoops Resurgence is Coming  (Read 5934 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
MU Hoops Resurgence is Coming
« on: November 18, 2021, 08:07:28 PM »
Enormous win.  Maybe even more impressive than Mon night.  Because Ole Miss played well and didn't kick the ball away like Illinois.  I'm not saying we won't have ups and downs, or we're an NCAA tournament team, but I have already put the last 7 years to pasture.  This team has grit, they are building an identity, and there is tremendous promise on this roster.  This team is fun, exciting to watch, and you can slowly see the cohesion building.  Again, I still look at this as a transition year, but the needle is starting to move towards bringing this program back to the promised land. 
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 08:11:42 PM by MuggsyB »

5DollarPitcher

• All American
Re: MU Hoops Resurgence is Coming
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2021, 08:08:54 PM »
Correct. Both Shaka and our program had egregiously horrific fits with each former program and coach, respectively.

We will be a surprise to many this year. And moving forward.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2021, 08:10:42 PM »
Agree, Muggsy.

Some big wins already, and we will likely have frustrating losses. But the foundation of a strong program is being built, and the future is bright. And the journey will be exciting.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2021, 08:35:39 PM »
The right guy was hired at the right time. I said in April that Shaka would be judged from day one by me and there is no five year grace period. He is top tier coach, with over a decade of success, and the resurgence needs to build every month.

I am going to say it again, this is the team that will be remembered for being the rebirth of MU basketball. I already have a soft spot for these guys and we are four games into the season.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2021, 08:39:25 PM »
This may be your best post yet on Scoop Muggsy. Spot on!
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2021, 08:39:35 PM »
I feel like this team, unlike previous years, has an identity: team defense.  Hard not to love the energy and toughness.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2021, 08:39:48 PM »
The right guy was hired at the right time. I said in April that Shaka would be judged from day one by me and there is no five year grace period. He is top tier coach, with over a decade of success, and the resurgence needs to build every month.

I am going to say it again, this is the team that will be remembered for being the rebirth of MU basketball. I already have a soft spot for these guys and we are four games into the season.

You said it in April to me about your excitement. I was excited too, but admit you had more confidence on the present season.

Hell of a start for sure. I'm so very excited about the future and present. This team is a lot of fun and the culture coming from up top is gonna make this program reach the levels we expect.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2021, 08:42:56 PM »

I'm with you Goose.  This team has a lot of exciting pieces.  And Morsell continues to impress me.  I think we got the overall best transfer in the country.  But what was really fun tonight was Jones breaking out.  He has that gear downhill we have coveted for quite some time.  Again, we have holes.  We will certainly have some ups and downs but I truly think this is beginning of a cosmic shift for the program. 
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 10:16:18 PM by MuggsyB »

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2021, 08:46:00 PM »
Our fanbase is hungry. It's clear from Monday and the traveling crew today. Love seeing it again.No more zombies waiting for the other shoe to drop--back to rabid already
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Mu8891

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2021, 08:46:25 PM »
In 1993 (4) ? When MU made the dance under KO ... they had T shirts that said
( on the back )

... “ WE’RE BACK “ ...

That’s how I feel.   It’s early... but 4/0..
Playing D like the old days ( Buzz ...
KO .. etc )... talent is there ...

Shaka has confidence and it spreads to the team.

I want to be the first to say it ...

MU will make the NCAA. This. Year.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2021, 08:48:14 PM »

Pretty sure you weren't the first ... but I still love the confidence and optimism.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2021, 08:48:43 PM »
In 1993 (4) ? When MU made the dance under KO ... they had T shirts that said
( on the back )

... “ WE’RE BACK “ ...

That’s how I feel.   It’s early... but 4/0..
Playing D like the old days ( Buzz ...
KO .. etc )... talent is there ...

Shaka has confidence and it spreads to the team.

I love the enthusiasm but you aren’t the first to say it.

We are winning a tournament game this year.

F**k 5 years to judge. College basketball is about having leadership, grit, and an identity and we finally have all 3.

Several teams in the Big East will have major trouble with us.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2021, 08:49:12 PM »
MU8891

The bar is much higher for what Shaka can do with this program than the KO era. Being back is making S16 or higher. Dream big and good things can happen.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2021, 08:52:43 PM »
Enormous win.  Maybe even more impressive than Mon night.  Because Ole Miss played well and didn't kick the ball away like Illinois.  I'm not saying we won't have ups and downs, or we're an NCAA tournament team, but I have already put the last 7 years to pasture.  This team has g they are building an identity, and there is tremendous promise on this roster.  This team is fun, exciting to watch, and you can slowly see the cohesion building.  Again, I still look at this as a transition year, but the needle is starting to move towards bringing this program back to the promised land.
I have liked this team since Shaka put it together. Grit wins a lot of games.

My belief continues to be we will be fighting hard for that 3rd spot in the Big East after Nova and U Conn.

The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2021, 08:56:04 PM »
This is so much more fun to watch. Last year, I felt often that I was hate watching Marquette. Like it was a task I had to perform, knowing that my cheering would go unanswered and the problems we all saw would never be corrected.

It's wonderful to truly love watching Marquette again.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2021, 08:59:08 PM »
Brew

Last year I was watching Bosch when MU was playing and I did not care about the games. March 26, 2021 changed everything for me and I am pissed I am not in Charleston. I am going to enjoy every step of the journey, even the tough days.

panda

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2021, 08:59:39 PM »
This is so much more fun to watch. Last year, I felt often that I was hate watching Marquette. Like it was a task I had to perform, knowing that my cheering would go unanswered and the problems we all saw would never be corrected.

I felt the exact same way last year. I still can't believe there were people who were willing to give Wojo more time.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2021, 09:00:44 PM »

+100

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2021, 09:01:19 PM »
I felt the exact same way last year. I still can't believe there were people who were willing to give Wojo more time.
Don’t even say his name. We need to purge him from the history books.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2021, 09:03:23 PM »
pitcher hasnt been this happy since 2013

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2021, 09:05:07 PM »
Correct

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2021, 09:05:41 PM »

100% How about it, Brew?!!

Mu8891

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2021, 09:06:32 PM »
Goose

I agree the bar is higher... but let’s win games and make the NCAA ... and go from there

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2021, 09:06:41 PM »
Don’t even say his name. We need to purge him from the history books.

Harsh. The guy tried the best he could and knew how, and was a gentleman about it in the process.

It didn’t pan out, and now we have an even better man and definitely a better coach at the helm.

Just because someone fails at a specific coaching gig doesn’t mean that he should be treated disrespectfully, especially when he was respectful.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2021, 09:08:18 PM »
Harsh. The guy tried the best he could and knew how, and was a gentleman about it in the process.

It didn’t pan out, and now we have an even better man and definitely a better coach at the helm.

Just because someone fails at a specific coaching gig doesn’t mean that he should be treated disrespectfully, especially when he was respectful.
We paid him the yearly GDP of a small country to entirely tank our program.

I could give a shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit about being respectful.