[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 02:30:34 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 02:24:16 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NCAA Hoops Thread '21-22  (Read 79145 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: NCAA Hoops Thread '21-22
« Reply #250 on: November 24, 2021, 04:44:39 PM »
I really wish we had an internationsl scout like SMC.  I'll do it for if I can hang out in New Zealand, Australia. and Fiji.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #251 on: November 24, 2021, 04:48:20 PM »
Wisconsin fouls constantly.  Bunch of nonsense that they aren't whistled every possession.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #252 on: November 24, 2021, 04:51:20 PM »
Wisconsin fouls constantly.  Bunch of nonsense that they aren't whistled every possession.

They’re consistently one of the dirtiest teams in the nation.  It goes beyond Davison and always has
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #253 on: November 24, 2021, 04:52:28 PM »
Dirtiest, and whinyest.  Can't stand watching those whiny bitches.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #254 on: November 24, 2021, 04:57:57 PM »
Dirtiest, and whinyest.  Can't stand watching those whiny bitches.

Speaking of whining....

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #255 on: November 24, 2021, 04:59:34 PM »
They’re consistently one of the dirtiest teams in the nation.  It goes beyond Davison and always has

This "they don't foul" crap we've heard for like 20 yrs is quite frankly absurd.  Last I checked (no pun intended) you can foul someone with your body and legs in basketball.  It's a travesty imo and yes, what a bunch of whiny little babies.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #256 on: November 24, 2021, 05:03:01 PM »
Speaking of whining....

Why attack here Jockey?  BrewCity didn't do anything, you can sling your arrows my way.  Although why you would placate the weasel/rodents is troubling.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #257 on: November 24, 2021, 05:33:52 PM »
Words can't even describe how ludicrous some of these charge calls have been.  Is this a basketbal game or a Broadway show?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #258 on: November 24, 2021, 06:40:21 PM »
For years, I've heard how Madison's gonna start sucking, how Gard can neither recruit nor coach, etc etc etc. Hell, I've probably said a few of those things myself.

And yet, year after year, they do pretty damn well.

Davis is an outstanding all-around player, Wahl is very good, and their role players do their jobs. As usual. I sure want to beat them on the 4th.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #259 on: November 24, 2021, 06:49:38 PM »
Why attack here Jockey?  BrewCity didn't do anything, you can sling your arrows my way.  Although why you would placate the weasel/rodents is troubling.

Because of the double standard.

That is, the Badgers are dirty. Last year when Theo committed some hard fouls, he was just "being aggressive.

I see it over and over again on this board that so & so is dirty or so & so coach has no class. I am tired of that. Most guys are just out there playing as hard as they can. Sometimes hard fouls are committed - that doesn't make them dirty. Of course, Davison is a different case. His hard fouls aren't always 'basketball moves'.

Finally, I don't think I ever take anything out on you or treat you disrespectfully in any way when it comes to sports. When it comes to politics, I plead guilty and throw myself on the mercy of the court.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #260 on: November 24, 2021, 06:50:44 PM »
Seton Hall can’t possibly lose to Cal. Cal is a bottom ten power 6 team, they’re not close to good.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #261 on: November 24, 2021, 06:57:09 PM »
For years, I've heard how Madison's gonna start sucking, how Gard can neither recruit nor coach, etc etc etc. Hell, I've probably said a few of those things myself.

Davis is a problem.  He has A-A potential.   We need to force him left off the bounce. .  He can hit the step-back both left or right but is more comfortable with his strong hand.with more than one dribble.  I would front Wahl a little bit in the post and let Kur erase his interior shots.  He's crafty with good footwork. 

Davis is an outstanding all-around player, Wahl is very good, and their role players do their jobs. As usual. I sure want to beat them on the 4th.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #262 on: November 24, 2021, 06:58:21 PM »

Hit 35% from 3 and I can't see us losing.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #263 on: November 24, 2021, 06:59:35 PM »
Because of the double standard.

That is, the Badgers are dirty. Last year when Theo committed some hard fouls, he was just "being aggressive.

I see it over and over again on this board that so & so is dirty or so & so coach has no class. I am tired of that. Most guys are just out there playing as hard as they can. Sometimes hard fouls are committed - that doesn't make them dirty. Of course, Davison is a different case. His hard fouls aren't always 'basketball moves'.

Finally, I don't think I ever take anything out on you or treat you disrespectfully in any way when it comes to sports. When it comes to politics, I plead guilty and throw myself on the mercy of the court.

That's fair although I don't know what people have said about Theo in the past here.  I agree he had a numbee of cheap plays.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #264 on: November 24, 2021, 07:23:44 PM »
Hit 35% from 3 and I can't see us losing.

I hope we do, and I hope you're right if we do.

Oh, and Theo never grabbed anybody's nuts ... that we know of.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Miss Katie’s

• All American
« Reply #265 on: November 25, 2021, 08:48:17 AM »

I agree with this analysis.  They will be good.  Again. 

NolongerWarriors

• All American
« Reply #266 on: November 25, 2021, 10:44:12 AM »
Did MU recruit Davis? 

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #267 on: November 25, 2021, 10:53:09 AM »
Did MU recruit Davis? 

Yep. But he was offered real early and recruited hard by Bucky. Always was going to be uphill.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #268 on: November 25, 2021, 11:01:49 AM »
Yep. But he was offered real early and recruited hard by Bucky. Always was going to be uphill.

And they offered his twin.

Weird. Could’ve sworn they were above offering a sibling to get a better sibling.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #269 on: November 25, 2021, 12:17:05 PM »
And they offered his twin.

I think that was the key. I think they were the only high major that offered both. Him and Sam Dekker are the only two Wisconsin players in the past 10-15 years I would've really liked here.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #270 on: November 25, 2021, 09:49:41 PM »
Iona beat #10 Alabama in Orlando.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

tower912

• All American
« Reply #271 on: November 26, 2021, 06:16:23 AM »
That Pitino guy.  He can coach a little.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #272 on: November 26, 2021, 07:53:45 AM »
That Pitino guy.  He can coach a little.

Marquette should have hired him.  He was my first choice
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #273 on: November 26, 2021, 08:21:47 AM »
Marquette should have hired him.  He was my first choice

I would've loved Pitino, but what happened at Louisville was disqualifying for Marquette.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #274 on: November 26, 2021, 09:26:36 AM »
I would've loved Pitino, but what happened at Louisville was disqualifying for Marquette.

Sad!