[Today at 10:58:06 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 10:35:41 AM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 09:51:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Rittenhouse Volume 2  (Read 22827 times)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: Rittenhouse Volume 2
« Reply #225 on: November 12, 2021, 01:54:44 PM »
"I treat this board like the joke it is" guy getting triggered is a turn I didn't see coming

Just in awe of your intellectual prowess, kin.

❄❄❄

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #226 on: November 12, 2021, 02:01:50 PM »

So far Schroeder has not done anything to suggest he overtly favors one side over the other. And his past record doesn’t suggest partiality either. If Kyle Rittenhouse goes free, there will be lots of blame to go around: the prosecution for antagonizing the judge when their case appeared to be going poorly, an almost entirely white jury that may empathize more with a killer than the men he killed, a political machinery that turns right-wing vigilantes into conservative folk heroes, and a criminal justice system that gives white defendants a benefit of the doubt it never offers to Black defendants.

Surprisingly sober-minded. And I agree. As someone who has been front of a lot of judges, I think this judge’s conduct is representative of a lot of judges; old guys on the bench—and that ain’t great. But the fact that people like that are in charge encapsulates the above points perfectly.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #227 on: November 12, 2021, 02:05:50 PM »
I don't think the judge is biased, but he's teetering on incompetent 
 https://twitter.com/Guinz/status/1459216913536634881/video/1
Perfectly logical way to save a text-signed Rube Goldberg.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #228 on: November 12, 2021, 02:59:27 PM »
I don't think the judge is biased, but he's teetering on incompetent 
 https://twitter.com/Guinz/status/1459216913536634881/video/1

Agreed, there have been some embarrassing moments for him. He clearly has a beef with the prosecutor. Maybe there is some history there.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #229 on: November 12, 2021, 03:21:46 PM »
Agreed, there have been some embarrassing moments for him. He clearly has a beef with the prosecutor. Maybe there is some history there.

I think he might be enjoying his moment in the sun a little too much.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #230 on: November 12, 2021, 03:37:28 PM »
I wouldn't have expected you to agree with Slate's point of view on all of that, BH.

people are rushing to blame the judge instead of the incompetence of the Prosecution. They also forget about the standard of "beyond a reasonable doubt" and how difficult a conviction can actually be to get. The people who convicted Rittenhouse based upon the initial media description of the incident are looking for a scapegoat for when he is acquitted on the murder charges. Of course, the people who have already acquitted Rittenhouse will celebrate not knowing the legal justification for the judge taking such actions. If we've seen anything in the last year it's a whole lot of new graduates from Social Media School of Law and School of Medicine.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #231 on: November 12, 2021, 03:57:01 PM »
people are rushing to blame the judge instead of the incompetence of the Prosecution. They also forget about the standard of "beyond a reasonable doubt" and how difficult a conviction can actually be to get. The people who convicted Rittenhouse based upon the initial media description of the incident are looking for a scapegoat for when he is acquitted on the murder charges. Of course, the people who have already acquitted Rittenhouse will celebrate not knowing the legal justification for the judge taking such actions. If we've seen anything in the last year it's a whole lot of new graduates from Social Media School of Law and School of Medicine.

I've been a little late to all the details in this case.  What I do not understand is why this trial continued at all, after the witness who was shot in the arm, admitted he pointed a gun at Rittenhouse?  It's also interesting to read the portrayal from various media of the victims.  Uhhh....not exactly pure as the driven snow citizens. 

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #232 on: November 12, 2021, 03:57:19 PM »

A lot of people are rushing to blame the judge/prosecution. But aren't really stopping to think that the case in generally really has no solid evidence that points to conviction.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #233 on: November 12, 2021, 03:58:16 PM »
If we've seen anything in the last year it's a whole lot of new graduates from Social Media School of Law and School of Medicine.

Very true. And most of the talking heads on TV attended and graduated with honors.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #234 on: November 12, 2021, 03:59:19 PM »
A lot of people are rushing to blame the judge/prosecution. But aren't really stopping to think that the case in generally really has no solid evidence that points to conviction.

Literally none as far as I've heard or read.   It's actually embarrassing this ever went to trial unless I'm missing something?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 04:00:50 PM by MuggsyB »

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #235 on: November 12, 2021, 04:14:37 PM »
This feels like a place for some whataboutism but nah
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #236 on: November 12, 2021, 04:23:18 PM »
I've been a little late to all the details in this case.  What I do not understand is why this trial continued at all, after the witness who was shot in the arm, admitted he pointed a gun at Rittenhouse?  It's also interesting to read the portrayal from various media of the victims.  Uhhh....not exactly pure as the driven snow citizens.

that is true, but it doesn't mean they deserved to be killed by Rittenhouse since it isn't related to their actions that night. They could have been honors students and did what they did leading to the incidents of that night and it wouldn't have changed anything.

One thing I find annoying is the constant "he drove across state lines" as if he went across the DMZ. One of the victims (sorry, Judge) came from West Allis, further away than Rittenhouse came from Antioch.

There is enough evidence to get him on illegal possession of a gun, but that's a misdemeanor and should have been taken care of via a plea deal.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #237 on: November 12, 2021, 04:38:53 PM »
that is true, but it doesn't mean they deserved to be killed by Rittenhouse since it isn't related to their actions that night. They could have been honors students and did what they did leading to the incidents of that night and it wouldn't have changed anything.

One thing I find annoying is the constant "he drove across state lines" as if he went across the DMZ. One of the victims (sorry, Judge) came from West Allis, further away than Rittenhouse came from Antioch.

There is enough evidence to get him on illegal possession of a gun, but that's a misdemeanor and should have been taken care of via a plea deal.

Crossing an imaginary line is a big deal for many aspects of life and business, this is included.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #238 on: November 12, 2021, 04:41:21 PM »

I'm not saying they deserved to be killed but I have yet to hear or read anything rational that Rittenhouse didn't act in self-defense.  Yes, I agree about the gun charge.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #239 on: November 12, 2021, 04:53:16 PM »
Crossing an imaginary line is a big deal for many aspects of life and business, this is included.

I think its definitely pertinent from a legal perspective as it relates to charges. 

I don't think its at all inflammatory or impactful from the spin of people making it seem like he drove hours to get in the mix.  Largely because I think the people BH is referring to aren't focused on interstate weapons charges and more on him getting a murder charge as a blood lust vigilante.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #240 on: November 12, 2021, 04:57:26 PM »

I think the point is that he went out of his way to insert himself into a situation in which he didn't belong. He didn't stumble into trouble. He went looking for it.
That's not really evidence of a crime. It is evidence of utter stupidity that left two people dead.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #241 on: November 12, 2021, 05:02:38 PM »
I'm not saying they deserved to be killed but I have yet to hear or read anything rational that Rittenhouse didn't act in self-defense.  Yes, I agree about the gun charge.

sorry if my response came off as saying you did. That was not my intent. Though for some on one side of the spectrum it has been justification.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #242 on: November 12, 2021, 05:04:06 PM »
I think the point is that he went out of his way to insert himself into a situation in which he didn't belong. He didn't stumble into trouble. He went looking for it.
That's not really evidence of a crime. It is evidence of utter stupidity that left two people dead.

It's 20 mins from his house to Kenosha.  He has friends and his dad  live in Kenosha.  Now maybe he was a dip-sht"looking for trouble"?  I have no earthly idea.  My guess is there were a plethora of dumbasses there in the streets.  The question is was this first degree homicide?  Or actually how is it even possible he was charged with first degree homicide?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #243 on: November 12, 2021, 05:41:08 PM »
Or actually how is it even possible he was charged with first degree homicide?

These kinda charges happen when you shoot and kill people without weapons.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #244 on: November 12, 2021, 05:53:53 PM »
It's 20 mins from his house to Kenosha.  He has friends and his dad  live in Kenosha.  Now maybe he was a dip-sht"looking for trouble"?  I have no earthly idea.  My guess is there were a plethora of dumbasses there in the streets.  The question is was this first degree homicide?  Or actually how is it even possible he was charged with first degree homicide?

+1. But then again how is it possible that the Uniter in Chief would call him a White Supremicist and a terrorist without any evidence? Makes anything seem possible, a’ina?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #245 on: November 12, 2021, 06:02:45 PM »

Agree 100%. My guess is you could say the same for a whole lot of people who were there that night -including the victims. Except that those people didn’t kill anyone, and that’s a very large “except”.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #246 on: November 12, 2021, 06:08:09 PM »
These kinda charges happen when you shoot and kill people without weapons.

With all due respect these were not innocent bystanders.  His rifle was grabbed by one of the victims after he chased him, while the other hit him with his skateboard.   The prosecutor within 36 hours, not knowing any of the facts, charged Rittenhouse with several counts of first degree homicide.  We have due process and a legal system. 

Are you saying there has been concrete evidence in this trial that this kid should be charged with 1st degree murder?  That his intent was to go there and kill two people and shoot another?  If so what is the evidence of this exactly?  I'm not saying Rittenhouse should have been there, and he"s no hero,  but legally the case from the prosecution is borderline absurd.  Not Duke Lacrosse level absurd but pretty flimsy to put it mildly. 
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 06:12:50 PM by MuggsyB »

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #247 on: November 12, 2021, 06:11:24 PM »
Agree 100%. My guess is you could say the same for a whole lot of people who were there that night -including the victims. Except that those people didn’t kill anyone, and that’s a very large “except”.

Yes, but they may have killed Rittenhouse.  We have no idea and they all had significant criminal records.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #248 on: November 12, 2021, 06:13:40 PM »
He's innocent, legally.

He's guilty, morally.

Bigger conversation should be how/why we've reached the point culturally/as a society that this happened at all. Sad.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #249 on: November 12, 2021, 06:19:16 PM »
Let's not forget that FD Joe and Worst Governor Evers opined immediately as judge, jury, and executioner, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"