[Today at 05:53:49 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: MUBB court is broken…  (Read 23988 times)

Big Papi

• All American
Re: MUBB court is broken…
« Reply #100 on: January 25, 2022, 09:31:45 PM »
That sounds like a huge rookie mistake.  Usually you put something on top of the panels and then ratchet down, so you don't squeeze the panels.  Even if they didn't do it, it wouldn't damage all of the panels.  Just the top ones. 

I had to load and transport the old Denver Nuggets hardwood flooring I bought from Detroit to Illinois so it could be refinished and then to my facility and this story sounds fishy or those involved were complete idiots.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #101 on: January 25, 2022, 09:36:53 PM »
Hmm I’d be interested to hear the version you were told if you're allowed to share. I heard from someone who is involved with the set up and take down of the bucks and Marquette courts at fiserv.

If that's truly the source, your story is probably more accurate.

I had heard that it was damage caused by the ice surface under the court.
Have some patience, FFS.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #102 on: January 25, 2022, 09:38:53 PM »
The court this year looks different from previous years. (See attached photos)

The stain in the lane is too light.
The gold is more muted.
The plain wood has more of a whitish tint.

I like the whitish tint to the plain wood but prefer the darker stain and brighter gold.

When you are right on the floor itself, you can easily tell which boards they replaced.  They did not replace the entire floor.  I assume they will do a better job of matching them up in the off-season.
Have some patience, FFS.

Miss Katie’s

• All American
« Reply #103 on: January 25, 2022, 09:40:16 PM »
That sounds like a huge rookie mistake.  Usually you put something on top of the panels and then ratchet down, so you don't squeeze the panels.  Even if they didn't do it, it wouldn't damage all of the panels.  Just the top ones. 

I had to load and transport the old Denver Nuggets hardwood flooring I bought from Detroit to Illinois so it could be refinished and then to my facility and this story sounds fishy or those involved were complete idiots.

Papi, congrats on your HOF induction! ;)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 08:50:23 AM by Miss Katie’s »

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #104 on: January 26, 2022, 12:01:17 AM »
I heard from a very reputable source, that when the Bucks "stored" the floor, it was in a non-climate controlled area and put directly on concrete.  The wood absorbed the moisture from the concrete.  That is the reason they Warped ! ! ! Both the Bucks and MU floors are stored there in the off season ! ! ! Not in the Fiserv Forum ! ! !  8-)

Miss Katie’s

• All American
« Reply #105 on: January 26, 2022, 12:03:56 AM »
I heard from a very reputable source, that when the Bucks "stored" the floor, it was in a non-climate controlled area and put directly on concrete.  The wood absorbed the moisture from the concrete.  That is the reason they Warped ! ! ! Both the Bucks and MU floors are stored there in the off season ! ! ! Not in the Fiserv Forum ! ! !  8-)

I heard the same.  Improper storage led to exposure to humidity and subsequent warping. 

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #106 on: January 26, 2022, 06:25:49 AM »
Yep, improper storage, lack of temp control.

MU is playing on a new floor, paid for by the Bucks.  It was a NCAA tourney site floor last year. Good vibes.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #107 on: January 26, 2022, 07:48:04 AM »

I have a background in manufacturing wooden products and this, by far, is the most logical answer. Concrete releases moisture many years after it is poured and kiln dried wood absorbs it like a sponge.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #108 on: January 26, 2022, 07:49:05 AM »
I don’t see why rushing would affect colors.

Certain pains have been very hard to come by due to supply chain issues. That's my wild ass guess

https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/museums/blue-paint-shortage-art/2021/12/21/486c667c-5df9-11ec-ae5b-5002292337c7_story.html
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 07:55:08 AM by Skatastrophy »

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #109 on: January 26, 2022, 08:25:06 AM »
We must get to the bottom of this!

Sturgeon General Warrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #110 on: January 26, 2022, 08:31:30 AM »
Yep, improper storage, lack of temp control.

MU is playing on a new floor, paid for by the Bucks.  It was a NCAA tourney site floor last year. Good vibes.

Ah well I must have been fed a line or mistaken. Thanks for the info

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #111 on: January 26, 2022, 08:31:49 AM »
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #112 on: January 26, 2022, 08:32:26 AM »
We must get to the bottom of this!

I'm floored by some of the responses in this thread!
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #113 on: January 26, 2022, 08:34:35 AM »
Considering we update our floor every so often, I guess the question becomes when do we see a new design for the court?  We have had this design since 2014-2015, no?  The previous one was in use from 2007?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #114 on: January 26, 2022, 08:37:31 AM »
Gotta be more careful where they parqu-et in the future.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 08:54:44 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #115 on: January 26, 2022, 08:40:40 AM »
Considering we update our floor every so often, I guess the question becomes when do we see a new design for the court?  We have had this design since 2014-2015, no?  The previous one was in use from 2007?

Really good point. I would like to see a bad ass golden eagle in the center of the court, somewhat like the Jayhawk in the center of Kansas' court. The block letters MU are really boring. I would like Marquette to hire a top notch graphic artist firm.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #116 on: January 26, 2022, 08:51:55 AM »
Bucks spokesman, Woody Dicot, told me that a colony of beavers broke into the Bucks warehouse down by the Milwaukee River and did the damage. Because of COVID, the warehouse wasn't staffed.

https://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news/beavers-are-back-on-the-milwaukee-river-and-thats-a-good-thing?_amp=true

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #117 on: January 26, 2022, 08:59:25 AM »
Really good point. I would like to see a bad ass golden eagle in the center of the court, somewhat like the Jayhawk in the center of Kansas' court. The block letters MU are really boring. I would like Marquette to hire a top notch graphic artist firm.

They do the "MU" because they don't want to rev up the old "Warrior" controversy again.  But honestly by the time they do an athletics rebrand, it will be more than time to move on.

And my guess is that anytime they do a rebrand, they won't be using in-house graphic design on that.  D3 schools don't even do that these days.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #118 on: January 26, 2022, 09:00:51 AM »
Bucks spokesman, Woody Dicot, told me that a colony of beavers broke into the Bucks warehouse down by the Milwaukee River and did the damage. Because of COVID, the warehouse wasn't staffed.

https://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news/beavers-are-back-on-the-milwaukee-river-and-thats-a-good-thing?_amp=true

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #119 on: January 26, 2022, 09:09:40 AM »
They do the "MU" because they don't want to rev up the old "Warrior" controversy again.  But honestly by the time they do an athletics rebrand, it will be more than time to move on.

And my guess is that anytime they do a rebrand, they won't be using in-house graphic design on that.  D3 schools don't even do that these days.

Wow! So what's next? A Disney version of a golden eagle? Sheesh! Oh wait! We already have that. Our mascot.

I hope you are right about going outside of in-house graphic designers. It is simply good, basic business practice to get fresh ideas from an independent source. Even if we stay with the MU letters, can we please leave the 60's style chunky block letters behind and have something that is more aesthetically pleasing?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #120 on: January 26, 2022, 09:16:45 AM »
Wow! So what's next? A Disney version of a golden eagle? Sheesh! Oh wait! We already have that. Our mascot.

I hope you are right about going outside of in-house graphic designers. It is simply good, basic business practice to get fresh ideas from an independent source. Even if we stay with the MU letters, can we please leave the 60's style chunky block letters behind and have something that is more aesthetically pleasing?

What lettering are you referring to? The monogram?

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #121 on: January 26, 2022, 09:26:21 AM »
The court this year looks different from previous years. (See attached photos)

The stain in the lane is too light.
The gold is more muted.
The plain wood has more of a whitish tint.

I like the whitish tint to the plain wood but prefer the darker stain and brighter gold.

I like the newer one. The tint is good, the gold is fine, and the lighter stain in the lane looks better imo. 

("Stain in the Lane" would have been a good nickname for Matt Stainbrook from Xavier)
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #122 on: January 26, 2022, 09:34:29 AM »
Da moral of da story is neva let yo wood cum in kontact wit concrete, aina?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 09:59:38 AM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #123 on: January 26, 2022, 09:39:37 AM »
What lettering are you referring to? The monogram?

Thanks, (and yes) that's the word I needed.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #124 on: January 26, 2022, 09:51:58 AM »

I doubt Marquette has used anything in house for athletic branding since the name change.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow