[Today at 05:39:36 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccinations & Antibodies  (Read 44447 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Vaccinations & Antibodies
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2021, 12:52:46 PM »
Pretty sure it was a Bears fan.

Rams are having a good year... made some big trades... Shailene Woodley is from San Bernadino...

I believe I've connected all the dots I need to.

This is a joke, btw.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2021, 12:55:11 PM »
The flu shot is not mandated by schools, by most employers, and is taken by 50-60% of the population annually so if you want the Covid vaccine to be viewed and treated similarly to the flu shot then let it be,

I never said that.

But there are no flu shot passports, mandates, etc so why should there be Covid ones?

::) ::) ::)
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2021, 12:58:29 PM »
Okay, which one of you anti vax A-holes gave Covid to Aaron Rodgers?

Probably the packers back office to finally get Jordan Love some time
Maigh Eo for Sam

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2021, 01:26:18 PM »
Probably the packers back office to finally get Jordan Love some time

That one could get some legs!  ;D

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2021, 01:30:22 PM »
Pretty sure it was a Bears fan.

Clearly the guy that handled Braun’s sample.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2021, 03:41:08 PM »
If reports are true and Rodgers wasn't vaccinated, then the NFL should suspend him.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2021, 04:27:06 PM »
Okay, which one of you anti vax A-holes gave Covid to Aaron Rodgers?

Stolen from elsewhere on the internet:

even sitting at home with COVID he'd still be able to beat the Bears.  😂

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2021, 04:34:48 PM »
If reports are true and Rodgers wasn't vaccinated, then the NFL should suspend him.

"immunized", not vaccinated. 

Rodgers: " "I think I like to learn about everything that I'm doing"

Now you get your chance!

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2021, 06:27:05 PM »

An interesting track will be if he or Khris Middleton have a longer or more difficult recovery from COVID as both just tested positive and we know Khris, by all accounts probably vaccinated, is exhibiting symptoms, we haven’t heard that about Rodgers yet.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2021, 08:30:47 PM »
An interesting track will be if he or Khris Middleton have a longer or more difficult recovery from COVID as both just tested positive and we know Khris, by all accounts probably vaccinated, is exhibiting symptoms, we haven’t heard that about Rodgers yet.

Delta's a bit of a bitch.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2021, 07:08:31 AM »
https://www.channel3000.com/dhs-children-ages-5-11-now-able-to-get-covid-19-vaccine-in-wisconsin/

DHS: Children ages 5-11 now able to get COVID-19 vaccine in Wisconsin

Hopefully we can get kids vaccinated and be done with this.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2021, 07:44:34 AM »
Got the Moderna booster yesterday, after an original J&J shot. Headache and tired this morning. Arm is a bit sore.

LON

• All American
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2021, 07:59:26 AM »
Delta's a bit of a bitch.

Was vaxxed in late April (Pfizer), caught it last month. Sickest I can remember ever being. Was virtually useless for a week and a half. Nonstop headache, chills, fever, soreness. Couldn’t eat. Only relief was a hot shower or bath. Got the antibodies since they called and said based on my health or blood type or something I qualified. So I obviously can’t get booster for a bit. 

Or…could have just said “+1”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2021, 08:31:52 AM »
From the NYT:

When Tyson Foods announced in August that it would require coronavirus vaccines for its entire work force, it was arguably the boldest corporate vaccine mandate at the time. Several companies already required vaccines for white-collar employees, but labor shortages made most reluctant to do the same for frontline workers, who were less likely to be vaccinated and most likely to be exposed to the virus.

Since Tyson announced its mandate, about 60,500 workers have gotten the shot, meaning that more than 96 percent of the company’s work force is now vaccinated. DealBook’s Lauren Hirsch went to a Tyson plant in Arkansas to hear about the lessons that Tyson’s leaders learned. Their experience is relevant for employers just getting to grips with the Biden administration’s soon-to-be-enacted rules that will mandate vaccines or weekly testing.

Taking risks can pay off. Executives rarely like to be the first to take bold actions, especially without data to support them. “We made the decision to do the mandate, fully understanding that we were putting our business at risk,” said Donnie King, Tyson’s C.E.O.

But it was also bad for business when Tyson had to shut facilities because of virus outbreaks. King began to consider a mandate in July, only a month into the job. Tyson modeled what vaccination rates it thought it could achieve and how many employees might quit. “We literally counted the cost,” King said, deciding in the end to take a calculated risk and impose the mandate.

The power of choice goes both ways. Tyson had spent six months trying to encourage employees to get vaccinated ahead of the mandate, so it knew what made them resistant to a requirement. “Part of it is, ‘I just simply don’t want you telling me what to do,” King said. “I’ve gotten a death threat posted on a bathroom wall in one of our plants.”

But several Tyson employees told DealBook that when the company removed the choice from them, it was a relief. Diana Eike, an administrative assistant at Tyson’s automation center, wasn’t planning to get the vaccine, and after Tyson announced the mandate, she was mad at first. Now, she is grateful: Tyson “took the burden off of me making the choice,” she said.

+++

The bolded part was especially interesting IMHO. I wonder how many people felt that way and were relieved when their employers mandated the vaccine.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2021, 08:49:38 AM »
Was vaxxed in late April (Pfizer), caught it last month. Sickest I can remember ever being. Was virtually useless for a week and a half. Nonstop headache, chills, fever, soreness. Couldn’t eat. Only relief was a hot shower or bath. Got the antibodies since they called and said based on my health or blood type or something I qualified. So I obviously can’t get booster for a bit. 

Coming up on my one year anniversary of going through it.   You have my sympathy and empathy.  Glad you made it through.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2021, 09:18:15 AM »
Wife and I have our booster shots tomorrow. We're the last in our friend's group to get them.

The friends with children are over the moon that the kids can finally get vaccinated. It's already cold/flu seaso so it's one less thing for them to worry about.

LON

• All American
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2021, 09:45:15 AM »
Coming up on my one year anniversary of going through it.   You have my sympathy and empathy.  Glad you made it through.

Appreciate it! Glad I didn’t find out how hard it would hit me if I didn’t get the vaccine. Definitely planning on getting the booster when I’m able to do so.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2021, 10:18:15 AM »

Glad you got through it. Could have been a lot worse if you hadn't gotten the vaccine, so I'm sure glad you did.

Stay well!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2021, 12:14:35 PM »
https://www.channel3000.com/dhs-children-ages-5-11-now-able-to-get-covid-19-vaccine-in-wisconsin/

DHS: Children ages 5-11 now able to get COVID-19 vaccine in Wisconsin

Hopefully we can get kids vaccinated and be done with this.

Best to leave kids out of this mess.  Sweden had very little COVID difficulty in their daycares with very few intervention steps taken.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2021, 12:20:21 PM »
Best to leave kids out of this mess.  Sweden had very little COVID difficulty in their daycares with very few intervention steps taken.

Or, by vaccinating them, you remove a transmission vector from the population and reduce the odds that anyone encounters the virus in the first place. There's no "mess" to be had here.

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2021, 12:24:42 PM »
Or, by vaccinating them, you remove a transmission vector from the population and reduce the odds that anyone encounters the virus in the first place. There's no "mess" to be had here.

Tell that to those women and girls experiencing period irregularities or fertility issues, which will undoubtedly continue to crop up.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2021, 12:27:57 PM »
Tell that to those women and girls experiencing period irregularities or fertility issues, which will undoubtedly continue to crop up.

I'll block my schedule to address the concerns of the literally uncountable number of people with the issues you describe.

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2021, 12:32:50 PM »

I’m sorry about your breakthrough case.  You should be glad you can’t get a booster soon, you’re willingly exposing yourself again if you do, good chance you’d get flu like symptoms from the booster itself so soon after natural infection.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2021, 01:01:58 PM »
I waited 92 days after I stopped being symptomatic to get my first Pfizer.

And statnik, the vast majority of reported cases of menstrual irregularity show it lasts one cycle before returning to normal.  It is currently being investigated.  The prevailing theory is that it is a short term immune relayed response.   Keep sciencing.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 01:09:51 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2021, 01:22:52 PM »

Oh boy, I thought the "Let's be like Sweden" people went away last summer.

Oh, and the American Acadcemy of Pediatrics says there is zero evidence the vaccine causes infertility.

https://www.aap.org/en/pages/2019-novel-coronavirus-covid-19-infections/covid-19-vaccine-for-children/about-the-covid-19-vaccine-frequently-asked-questions/