[Today at 08:18:48 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Bizarre story with Alec Baldwin  (Read 7291 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: Bizarre story with Alec Baldwin
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2021, 08:42:56 PM »
I still maintain someone getting hit with negligence is a possibility

Looking more and more like this was due to negligence more than just being an accident as more info comes out. Gun had caused problems before and producers had gotten an email complaining about it just a few days prior.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2021, 08:48:25 PM »
I’m wondering why the gun was pointed at the director of photography, not an actor.  Odd.
Ludum habemus.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2021, 08:55:50 PM »
A close up shot of him firing, perhaps at a slight angle.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2021, 09:20:12 PM »
I’m wondering why the gun was pointed at the director of photography, not an actor.  Odd.

Just spitballing here, but an actor aiming a gun at the camera or some THING usually tracks better than just picking a spot on the wall.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2021, 09:59:22 PM »
there are supposed to be armorers or weapon masters and assistants  present at ALL productions where ANY gun is involved.  they are responsible for checking, loading and advising the actors properly.  the actors themselves should always handle the gun(s) as if it were loaded with a live round.  trust AND verify. 

i believe baldwin is a world class a$$hole, but i really do feel bad for him and worse for the actor who died and the one who was injured.  he has to live with this incident and wouldn't wish this upon my worst enemy
don't...don't don't don't don't

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2021, 10:00:08 PM »

I read an article that mentioned typically the actors are staggered when firing the gun to avoid this from happening.

It will be interesting as more comes out. Most articles I’ve read mentioned this isn’t out of the realm of possibility with these guns. There is some risk.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2021, 10:21:00 PM »
there are supposed to be armorers or weapon masters and assistants  present at ALL productions where ANY gun is involved.  they are responsible for checking, loading and advising the actors properly.  the actors themselves should always handle the gun(s) as if it were loaded with a live round.  trust AND verify. 

i believe baldwin is a world class a$$hole, but i really do feel bad for him and worse for the actor who died and the one who was injured.  he has to live with this incident and wouldn't wish this upon my worst enemy

Yes.  I would think there are all sorts of protocols and safety precautions.  That's why I find this story so strange and that someone or ones will be held responsible.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2021, 09:57:27 AM »

Agree.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2021, 11:02:02 AM »
It sounds like the Assistant Director told Baldwin the "gun was safe'?.  Beyond messed up.  It appears protocols were not followed at all.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2021, 11:16:20 AM »
And of course we remember that possibly facing lawsuits is not the same as being charged criminally, lawsuits will probably end up being filed against the production company and those involved in protocols, I would think.
It’s terrible all the way around.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2021, 01:27:05 PM »
The big unanswered question is....

Why was a live round in the chamber?

Big question #2....

Who placed it there?

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2021, 03:14:51 PM »
My wife's theory is some deranged Trumpie slipped in a live bullet 'to get back at A Baldwin for playing Trump on SNL."

MU82

• All American
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2021, 04:52:59 PM »
Now Obama's gonna take away all the prop guns.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2021, 08:11:24 PM »
My wife's theory is some deranged Trumpie slipped in a live bullet 'to get back at A Baldwin for playing Trump on SNL."

Lost in the sauce tho.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2021, 01:25:59 PM »
Union is to blame, aina
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2021, 01:57:08 PM »
It sounds like the Assistant Director told Baldwin the "gun was safe'?.  Beyond messed up.  It appears protocols were not followed at all.

I've read she was a "rookie" armorer and was hired via nepotism after a career as a model.

What could go wrong? Oh, wait. That.

“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2021, 02:31:52 PM »
Why is live ammunition even available on the set?

Why are actual guns used?

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2021, 02:54:43 PM »
Why is live ammunition even available on the set?

Why are actual guns used?
This.  It seems like if you don't have any live rounds anywhere on set and you make sure the guns are emptied before bringing them on set, this would never happen.  Again, I don't know the movie business, but it seems this could be prevented by very modest means and a simplest procedures.  It has to be either criminal neglect or intentional, one would think.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2021, 02:59:34 PM »
The big unanswered question is....

Why was a live round in the chamber?

Big question #2....

Who placed it there?

It may even go beyond the live round.  From what I have read a prop gun cannot fire a blank.  So was this actually shot from a real gun?  What in the H is going on here?

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2021, 03:02:11 PM »
It may even go beyond the live round.  From what I have read a prop gun cannot fire a blank.  So was this actually shot from a real gun?  What in the H is going on here?

I thought the risk with these was a blank is still a projectile, so there’s still a risk, although much, much lower.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2021, 03:11:39 PM »
I thought the risk with these was a blank is still a projectile, so there’s still a risk, although much, much lower.

Do we know how far away the gun was fired from the the victim?  If this was a real gun?  WTF?  Crazy, crazy, crazy.  They should be able to determine if it was a live round from an actual gun.  I'm not blaming Baldwin but wouldn't he know if the gun he was holding was real? 

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2021, 03:13:17 PM »
There is a TMZ report this afternoon that set workers were stealing the pistol afterhours (after filming shut down for the evening) for target practice and then putting it back before morning.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2021, 04:09:39 PM »
There is a TMZ report this afternoon that set workers were stealing the pistol afterhours (after filming shut down for the evening) for target practice and then putting it back before morning.

So it's been verified it was s real pistol??  How could a real gun be on the set?

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2021, 04:22:54 PM »
I'm pretty sure that some of the confusion is surrounding in-industry terms that aren't general colloquial terms for things.

Real guns are used in Hollywood productions.

They are used to create live actor reactions to recoil, muzzle flashes, etc.

They are never loaded with bullets--that is a round with projectile bullet.

They are loaded with rounds that the industry calls "live" but that non industry people would probably call "blanks."

A "live" (blank) round discharges hot gas and occasionally wadding/minor debris that can be harmful/lethal for 15ish feet from the end of the barrel.

An actor famously died on set by placing a gun loaded with a live (blank) round to his head and pulling the trigger not realizing that was a lethal decision.

I've read several accounts of currently active hollywood armorers who describe the practice and procedure for use of "live" rounds on set. They include, only the armorer ever handling the weapon. The armorer loading the weapon. The armorer certifying the number of "live" rounds in the weapon between every take. The armorer handing the weapon directly to the actor. The armorer and an assistant certifying whether the weapon is "hot" or "cold" and calling that out before and after handing the weapon to the actor.

(Allegedly here's where someone called out "cold gun" and Baldwin assumed that was legit to disastrous effect).

It still sounds like a great deal of the chain of custody of the weapon is disputed, but every time you read a hollywood person or source use the term "live" round, it's almost certainly (absent true murder mystery style intent) meaning what you and I would call a blank.

feedback