'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Oct. 1st Marquette Madness- Open to the public  (Read 19615 times)

bilsu

• All American
Re: Oct. 1st Marquette Madness- Open to the public
« Reply #100 on: October 02, 2021, 09:36:11 AM »
This is why you don't bring in top recruits for an event like this. Frankly, it looks like a mid-major production. 
Compared to the extravaganza put on by Kentucky or Kansas, its embarrassing. I agree its stale, hey?
I 100% agree with this. I never thought it was a good idea. Bring a potential recruit to this and have him go to another school's football game the next week and I guarantee you we look boring.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #101 on: October 02, 2021, 09:44:37 AM »
I 100% agree with this. I never thought it was a good idea. Bring a potential recruit to this and have him go to another school's football game the next week and I guarantee you we look boring.

Kentucky and Kansas also pay
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #102 on: October 02, 2021, 09:45:47 AM »
Crean did not coach for the first year after he was fired from Indiana. I am not sure, but I thought he was prohibited from taking a new job for one year. I could see the same thing for Wojo.

Wojo did have an overall winning record at a power 6 school and ran a clean program. The only way he does not get a head coaching job is if he does not want to coach again.

Crean and Wojo are not remotely comparable situations based on their coaching records.

Wojo showed himself completely incompetent and lost leading a high major program.  Hopefully he milks his golden parachute for all it’s worth.  Except for his long association with Coach K, he has zero to sell a school on. Unless some AD feels warm and fuzzy about late season collapses and getting to the tournament and being rolled each time.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #103 on: October 02, 2021, 09:49:56 AM »
I hope to live another 50 years and come back to Scoop and see if people are still talking about ex-coaches in every thread
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #104 on: October 02, 2021, 09:53:53 AM »
Crean and Wojo are not remotely comparable situations based on their coaching records.

Wojo showed himself completely incompetent and lost leading a high major program.  Hopefully he milks his golden parachute for all it’s worth.  Except for his long association with Coach K, he has zero to sell a school on. Unless some AD feels warm and fuzzy about late season collapses and getting to the tournament and being rolled each time.

Coaches with worse records than Wojo have gotten continuously hired. Remember there's always places like Depaul. If you're an AD at a place struggling (Depaul) you'd take a serious look at him as an option. He's put guys in the NBA, multiple all conference players, 5/7 decent years. He won't get hired by a current contender like when we hired him but he won't be lacking for offers either.
Maigh Eo for Sam

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #105 on: October 02, 2021, 09:57:41 AM »
Coaches with worse records than Wojo have gotten continuously hired. Remember there's always places like Depaul. If you're an AD at a place struggling (Depaul) you'd take a serious look at him as an option. He's put guys in the NBA, multiple all conference players, 5/7 decent years. He won't get hired by a current contender like when we hired him but he won't be lacking for offers either.

Yeah, I don’t disagree that probably  he’ll eventually get another shot somewhere. Too many D1 programs who probably would welcome sizzle of hiring a long time Dukie. 

And end result for that school will be the same as ours. 

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #106 on: October 02, 2021, 10:04:16 AM »
No it’s not a good point on the masks. Students must wear masks indoors in any building on campus. All of them. To believe that this was a deterrent to attending madness is ridiculous.

I work at a college and see firsthand how students are going to find something else to do rather than sit with a mask on for three hours.

And the general public?  Not a chance.  Attendance by the public is way down at events with our campus mask mandate in place.

It clearly matters.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #107 on: October 02, 2021, 10:37:26 AM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #108 on: October 02, 2021, 11:16:51 AM »
I work at a college and see firsthand how students are going to find something else to do rather than sit with a mask on for three hours.

And the general public?  Not a chance.  Attendance by the public is way down at events with our campus mask mandate in place.

It clearly matters.

::)

• All American
« Reply #109 on: October 02, 2021, 11:24:43 AM »
::)

Sorry what?  I have stated exactly why I think the mandate depresses attendance. I am hardly saying that it shouldn’t be in place or anything, but you don’t seem to understand how non-hardcore fans are just going to find something else to do.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #110 on: October 02, 2021, 11:43:14 AM »
Sorry what?  I have stated exactly why I think the mandate depresses attendance. I am hardly saying that it shouldn’t be in place or anything, but you don’t seem to understand how non-hardcore fans are just going to find something else to do.

I don't think it will effect actual games however, but events like this it will have an impact on attendance. 

• All American
« Reply #111 on: October 02, 2021, 11:49:50 AM »
I don't think it will effect actual games however, but events like this it will have an impact on attendance. 

Agree.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #112 on: October 02, 2021, 12:42:55 PM »
It isn't the mask mandate that suppresses attendance at most indoor events. It's the global pandemic that has already killed more Americans than the current population of Milwaukee.

Attendance was going to be down regardless of the mask policy.

• All American
« Reply #113 on: October 02, 2021, 12:43:49 PM »
It isn't the mask mandate that suppresses attendance at most indoor events. It's the global pandemic that has already killed more Americans than the current population of Milwaukee.

It’s both.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #114 on: October 02, 2021, 12:45:44 PM »
It’s both.

The pandemic is by far the biggest factor.

Given the existence of the pandemic, some people will stay away is you require masks. Others will stay away if you don't. Which you choose is a drop in the bucket compared to the pandemic itself. Maybe even a wash.

• All American
« Reply #115 on: October 02, 2021, 12:47:29 PM »

The pandemic is by far the biggest factor.

Given the existence of the pandemic, some people will stay away is you require masks. Others will stay away if you don't. Which you choose is a drop in the bucket compared to the pandemic itself. Maybe even a wash.

I have no idea really. And neither do you. But you are likely more right than not.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #116 on: October 02, 2021, 12:48:03 PM »
Crean did not coach for the first year after he was fired from Indiana. I am not sure, but I thought he was prohibited from taking a new job for one year. I could see the same thing for Wojo.

Wojo did have an overall winning record at a power 6 school and ran a clean program. The only way he does not get a head coaching job is if he does not want to coach again.

Financially, Wojo never has to work another day in his life. For the past 20 years or more he has been putting in 80+ hour weeks. I can't blame him for literally "spending more time with his family" and taking his time to decide what to do next.
Have some patience, FFS.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #117 on: October 02, 2021, 01:03:19 PM »
Financially, Wojo never has to work another day in his life. For the past 20 years or more he has been putting in 80+ hour weeks. I can't blame him for literally "spending more time with his family" and taking his time to decide what to do next.

Spoken like a true slacker who’s probably chose a cruise because they had a brewery on board. Your BK manager is still trying to reach you about your old job.

Seriously though, it does look like Wojo truly is enjoying his time off and taking advantage of it. Good for him.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #118 on: October 02, 2021, 01:30:07 PM »

Sister Chick:

Wojo will get another chance. Count on it.

If the stories surrounding his termination are believed, he'll learn from his Marquette mistakes. He'll have his version of Hank Raymonds or Jerry Wainwright. My fear is if he continues his recruiting prowess and gets a solid bench coach, he'll be national champion somewhere.

Enjoy your cruise. We're headed for Italy Monday!

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #119 on: October 02, 2021, 01:34:05 PM »
Sister Chick:

Wojo will get another chance. Count on it.

If the stories surrounding his termination are believed, he'll learn from his Marquette mistakes. He'll have his version of Hank Raymonds or Jerry Wainwright. My fear is if he continues his recruiting prowess and gets a solid bench coach, he'll be national champion somewhere.

Enjoy your cruise. We're headed for Italy Monday!

I think you massively overestimate Steve.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #120 on: October 02, 2021, 01:40:31 PM »
For the past 20 years or more he has been putting in 80+ hour weeks.

Time at NSCC is included as work for Wojo?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #121 on: October 02, 2021, 03:24:01 PM »

Spoken like a true slacker who’s probably chose a cruise because they had a brewery on board. Your BK manager is still trying to reach you about your old job.

Nah, it was the all-you-can-eat Red Delicious apples that got chick on board.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #122 on: October 02, 2021, 03:38:13 PM »
Spoken like a true slacker who’s probably chose a cruise because they had a brewery on board.

The brewery was nice, but the crazy cheap price for the cruise was even nicer.
Have some patience, FFS.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #123 on: October 02, 2021, 03:46:12 PM »
The brewery was nice, but the crazy cheap price for the cruise was even nicer.

The infinity pool looked nice!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #124 on: October 02, 2021, 03:56:04 PM »
I can't blame him for literally…taking his time to decide what to do next.

I blamed him when he did it on the sidelines or in the locker room at halftime.

feedback