[Today at 01:58:18 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by MU82
[Today at 01:55:49 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[Today at 01:49:43 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 01:20:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Huge decline in STHs???  (Read 12748 times)

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
Re: Huge decline in STHs???
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2021, 02:56:40 PM »
I bought Badger FB season tickets this year. Didn’t really want to go this weekend, tried to sell my tickets, but the get in price on stubhub is 1/3 of the ticket price from UW. 2nd biggest game (supposedly) within the B10 this year.

Ya, I see UW is using the marquee pricing for PSU & Michigan games this season. I saw $95 in the upper corner & $130 near the Fieldhouse. Wow!! Explains why you can get a deal on Stubhub.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

MU82

• All American
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2021, 03:02:28 PM »
Ya, I see UW is using the marquee pricing for PSU & Michigan games this season. I saw $95 in the upper corner & $130 near the Fieldhouse. Wow!! Explains why you can get a deal on Stubhub.

Those dollar values seem OK. I might consider going to a UW football game if they paid me $95-$130 to go.

And they'd pay me extra to get me to actually watch the game, right?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2021, 03:22:21 PM »
Why? 

A summary of UW football at Camp Randall:

Let's get drunk and show up late, entire fanbase complains about officiating following each play, yawn, Jump around, yawn, let's leave early and get drunk.

Student section maybe. A good seat at Camp Randall is a great college football experience. Better than a Packer game at Lambeau IMO. But there are too many bad seats at CR compared to Lambeau.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

augoman

• All American
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2021, 10:55:30 PM »
I quit baajr games when my guests leaned over and asked "what are they chanting?"  to which I had to reply "f7ck you, eat crap".

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2021, 06:54:30 AM »
I have close friends that are graduates of Michigan, Army and Northwestern. Thought it would be easier to just buy the seats and sell the rest or take my kids (not happening now with their vaccine status and I’m not interested in debating that). We also live 2.5 miles from Camp Randall. Then it turns out that I could have bought a 3 pack of just those games. Oooof. But it turns out, I can buy basketball single games early too to see if Brad Davison can be the first badger in 40 years to lose to MU 4 times in his career.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2021, 08:39:40 AM »
I have close friends that are graduates of Michigan, Army and Northwestern. Thought it would be easier to just buy the seats and sell the rest or take my kids (not happening now with their vaccine status and I’m not interested in debating that). We also live 2.5 miles from Camp Randall. Then it turns out that I could have bought a 3 pack of just those games. Oooof. But it turns out, I can buy basketball single games early too to see if Brad Davison can be the first badger in 40 years to lose to MU 4 times in his career.

Love it! This past season's win was one of the best ever with Justin's game winner. The looks on the faces of the rodents was priceless. Hope we top it with another win AND Davison getting ejected.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2021, 10:38:42 AM »
Better than a Packer game at Lambeau IMO.

You know, you burn in hell for comments like this one.

The Almighty Cheese God has noted this statement and will send you to Purgatory, where Vince Lombardi will chew you out for a Millennium.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2021, 10:45:48 AM »
I have attended dozens of games at both Camp Randall and Lambeau.  What's great about Lambeau is that there are few truly bad seats.  But if you have a good seat at CR, the atmosphere of a high level college game is way better than an NFL one IMO.

“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2021, 10:52:21 AM »

Ohio State has been charging over $200 for the Penn State game and less than a week before the Oregon game had over 10k tickets left at $160 apiece. They had to drop the prices to make sure to get 100k in the Shoe to watch the Ducks slap them around. The cheapest ticket for OSU at Michigan is $160, and that seat is located somewhere in Ypsilanti. Why pay those prices (plus parking) when you can sit at home, watch on a 4K big screen, and drink your own beer?

Student section maybe. A good seat at Camp Randall is a great college football experience. Better than a Packer game at Lambeau IMO. But there are too many bad seats at CR compared to Lambeau.

I'll take a college game over a regular season pro game any day.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2021, 10:59:03 AM »
Ohio State has been charging over $200 for the Penn State game and less than a week before the Oregon game had over 10k tickets left at $160 apiece. They had to drop the prices to make sure to get 100k in the Shoe to watch the Ducks slap them around. The cheapest ticket for OSU at Michigan is $160, and that seat is located somewhere in Ypsilanti. Why pay those prices (plus parking) when you can sit at home, watch on a 4K big screen, and drink your own beer?

I'll take a college game over a regular season pro game any day.
I get staying at home for football. Big screen, no line to the bathroom, etc. Yet, being at the games with the bands and feeling the roar of the crowd can't be beat as well.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2021, 11:04:38 AM »
I get staying at home for football. Big screen, no line to the bathroom, etc. Yet, being at the games with the bands and feeling the roar of the crowd can't be beat as well.

basketball is definitely different being a more intiment setting.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 11:31:22 AM by Billy Hoyle »

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2021, 11:10:03 AM »
basketball is definitely different being a more interment setting.
Oh ya. I'm excited to be at 33 games in person this year!
-Bill Walton

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2021, 01:38:47 PM »
Anyone know how the student ticket sales went this year?   Curious how demand is after the year off and all that's happened in the last couple years.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2021, 01:49:04 PM »
Anyone know how the student ticket sales went this year?   Curious how demand is after the year off and all that's happened in the last couple years.
The new format went well. Almost sold out.
-Bill Walton

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2021, 02:48:25 PM »
The new format went well. Almost sold out.
wat new format?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2021, 02:50:39 PM »
Iz der a decrease inn STDs two, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2021, 02:53:30 PM »
wat new format?

Upperclassmen who previously bought student tickets got to buy their tickets first. The following day upperclassmen who didn't previously buy student tickets got to buy their tickets. Underclassmen were allowed to buy their tickets the day after that.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2021, 03:03:12 PM »
Sharp decline after Rowsey left…..

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2021, 03:28:24 PM »
Curious, with seniors, juniors, etc going one after another .. are they buying general admission seats like before?   Or not?

I remember it was GA for the BC, I guess I didn't pay attention when we moved to the Chaluparena.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2021, 03:35:20 PM »
Curious, with seniors, juniors, etc going one after another .. are they buying general admission seats like before?   Or not?

I remember it was GA for the BC, I guess I didn't pay attention when we moved to the Chaluparena.

Crean insisting upon GA for students was a brilliant move. As a freshman and sophomore in the 90's it was discouraging to get tickets for Row X  in the corner of the upper level as a student, especially when the lower level wasn't full and the ushers were super strict about letting people down there. Let the diehards be as close as possible.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2021, 07:00:38 PM »

General admission at Fiserv Forum
-Bill Walton

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2021, 08:43:56 PM »
General admission at Fiserv Forum

Mkay .. so what's the point of letting seniors purchase first?    Fear they'd run out of GA tickets?

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2021, 09:15:35 PM »
Mkay .. so what's the point of letting seniors purchase first?    Fear they'd run out of GA tickets?
Yes.
Marquette has every year sold out before the season started in the student section at FF.
-Bill Walton

lostpassword

• Starter
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2021, 09:49:13 PM »
As a freshman and sophomore in the 90's it was discouraging to get tickets for Row X  in the corner of the upper level as a student, especially when the lower level wasn't full and the ushers were super strict about letting people down there.

Yup.  Never understood why that was policed so strongly during the Deane period.  I had some friends with lowers and we'd pass around and reuse the same couple tickets to show the ushers multiple times in order to get the full group down there.  Led to some awkward moments during a give-away once when I was holding a stub which won a free trip to Vegas.  Wasn't my ticket.  Gave it to the guy who helped me get down there but turns out the stub wasn't his either.  Ended up a mess that's too long to explain here.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2021, 06:49:56 PM »
Been waiting for someone to ask that question.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

feedback